4-Rafale
5-mig-35 --not operational

top 5 best 4th fighters

1- f-15 silent eagle(se)
2-su-35s/su-37
3-Eurofighter Typhoon
4-Rafale
5-mig-35

lol!..bro you are taking names of those Aircrafts which saudi arabia is operating or will operate in future.

lol!..bro you are taking names of those Aircrafts which saudi arabia is operating or will operate in future.

:azn: I hope so but we We have Typhoon and in the Future f-15 se just that in This top 5 is 100% Correct :rolleyes:

Here is a much better list

Top 5 4th gen Fighters

@ BVR engagement

1. Eurofighter
2. Rafale
3. F-15 (later variants which are operational in US)
4. Gripen NG
5. Su 30MKI

@ WVR engagement- Dogfight

1. Su30MKI Forgive my seeming vanity but High end Su-27 variants such as SU37 have redefined "Super maneuverability" and Su30MKI is the latest and most sophisticated operational Flanker.(MKM too but there's just 18 of them).
2. F-15 (variants which are operational in US)
3. F-16 (variants which are operational in US)
4.Mig29K --- used by indian navy, its the latest operational derivative of the legendary versatile soviet fighter, known for its high maneuverability.
5.Eurofighter (canards improve maneuverability)

the F2 mitsubhishi fighter of the Japanese Self defense air force appears to be a highly upgraded version of the F-16.....a very capable fighter .......

F2 was a joint venture between Japan and US but it was only for Japan just like JF 17, but only japan operates it and it is costly, around 125 million a piece :cheesy:

EF Typhoon Tranche III or SU-35BM

All others are more or less same. BTW SE is not inducted yet.

In my not so humble opinion most of the people if not all are disqualified to judge which is the best 4 or 4.5 gen aircraft.

So, I will answer it this way, the 4.5 gen aircraft I like is "SAAB Grippen"

Top 5 4th gen Fighters

@ BVR engagement

1. Eurofighter
2. Rafale
4. Gripen NG
5. Su 30MKI

1. Su30MKI Forgive my seeming vanity but High end Su-27 variants such as SU37 have redefined "Super maneuverability" and Su30MKI is the latest and most sophisticated operational Flanker.(MKM too but there's just 18 of them).
4.Mig29K --- used by indian navy, its the latest operational derivative of the legendary versatile soviet fighter, known for its high maneuverability.
BVR - F-18E (APG-79 AESA + reduced RCS + AIM-120C-7/D).
WVR - Israeli F-15s and F-16s (Elbit DASH + Python 5)

Top 5 4th gen Fighters

@ BVR engagement

1. Eurofighter
2. Rafale
4. Gripen NG
5. Su 30MKI

Shouldn't this be based on roles... Because some fighters are highly optimized for specific roles...feel free to disagree :tongue:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom