What's new

Best 4th Generation Fighter In The World

How can u guys compare fighters with totally differnt roles??

You must first categorise it..

Multirole

Air dominance/supremacy

Interceptor..

Ground Strike

Multirole

Air dominance/supremacy

Interceptor..

Ground Strike

I guess the thread is based on "generation" only otherwise we would have had 4-5 threads. :cheesy:

F15 is the undisputed king ... her combat record speaks for itself.

Gents,

As far as being low radar reflective goes, any SINGLE tailed aircraft can be dismissed...

body_corner_reflector_ex.jpg

A 'corner reflector' is a huge 'no-no' in trying to design such an aircraft.

Corner reflector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A corner reflector is a retroreflector consisting of three mutually perpendicular, intersecting flat surfaces, which reflects electromagnetic waves back towards the source. Unlike a simple mirror, they work for a relatively wide-angle field of view. The three intersecting surfaces often have square shapes. This is also known as a corner cube.
The F-117, F-22, and F-35 have canted twin vertical stabs. The B-2 has none. During the competition, General Dynamics' design has a single vertical stab and was quickly eliminated.

The F-15SE was modified to have its twin vertical stabs slightly angled off 90 to remove this lethal electronic structure. That does not mean there no other smaller 'corner reflectors' elsewhere but what it means is that for this arbitrary '4th generation' category, there has to be some measure of low radar reflectivity figured in somehow and somewhere. Any single tailed fighter will be like an electronic 'Here I am come and get me' beacon.

rafel and silent eagle are 4.5 gen .. same is about f-16 block 52+, f-18c/d, su-30mki ....... jf-17 is best example of 4th gen .... but i am not saying it best fighter because it has to prove itself yet..

only American Aircrafts are combat proven..rest of them yet to prove themselves

the F2 mitsubhishi fighter of the Japanese Self defense air force appears to be a highly upgraded version of the F-16.....a very capable fighter .......

SU-30 MKI and F-16 blk 60 in my opinion exhibits best of technologies.

Multirole

Air dominance/supremacy

Interceptor..

Ground Strike
I would devide in 3 cathegories:

1) Single engine (F-16, Mirage 2000, J-10, JF-17, Grippen, Tejas)
2) Twin engine medium (Rafale, Typhoon, F-18, Mig-29/35)
3) Twin engine heavy (F-14, F-15, Tornado, Su-27/30/35)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom