What's new

Behave or be like North Korea: former US diplomat Zalmay Khalilzad on Pakistan

That is coming from Indian and US lackey. Pay him double and he will be licking Pakistani boots.
thats a nice idea what is stopping pakistani foriegn office in hire a few of such former US diplomats and get there job done :azn:

thats a nice idea what is stopping pakistani foriegn office in hire a few of such former US diplomats and get there job done :azn:

We dont want afghans we just want them to stay the hell on their side of border. Both Karzai and Ghani were in Pakistan in time of their exile and were more like lap dogs. A dog barking across the street is of no concern to Pakistan but if it tries to cross the road then it needs to be put down.

he thinks US will irk Pakistan for sake of Afghanistan

Afghanistan ... a magnificent spectre of rock desert and ruins.... where there is one hospital functioning in whole country... there is electricity only on capital city.... partially.... and one medical college. ...
no schools no universities.... not even a national grid for electricity distribution let alone electricity......nearest hospital from kandahar is in quetta.......
where people live in caves.....boys are routinely raped. ... there is no law... no order.... roamed by some most unholy and cruel creatures ever born on face of this earth....

where there are more drugs and weapons than rest of the world combined......

yes US will definitely like to work for Afghanistan for this.......

they might try things against Pakistan in their own interest.... but not because its in interest of Afghanistan....

guess what I don't think US gives a flying f@ck to how racially superior afghans are.......

It is not only about countries in the region,but its about institutions such as IMF, WB, it's about putting sanctions on selective Generals in the army, it's about putting you on list of state sponsor of terror, if the US ever gets serious about hurting Pakistan then there are million ways.

Frankly I am surprised as to why the US has not done this yet, even it knows that Talis a proxy of the PK has killed hundreds of US soldiers, attacked its embassy etc OR maybe the US is just all talk and it knows well that in reality it cant do much to punish Pakistan.

Beats me.
The US is already trying to do this and she has seriously hurt Pakistan - This was one of the main actual reasons for the invasion of Afghanistan. If only Pakistan had a sincere and brave COAS at the time Pakistan would not have allowed safe passage in order for NATO to set up base in Afghanistan.

We are living in the present and for now Pakistan's strategic value is huge. Pakistan is safe for now.

Do you know why the US gives pakistan aid?(bribery?)
Nato supply route to Afghanistan
Nato-Supply-Routes-435x300.jpg
This is not something that Pakistan should be proud of! Shame on her! SHAME!

US, if really wanted, could,very done this already. There were times when relation could've turned nasty. But unfortunately US is not run by some idiots like khaluzadi or phurrikaar.

Pakistan can survive without US(example is 90's). US cannot afford to cut relations with Pakistan.

Reported.

Reported for what? Now your just being childish.

US, if really wanted, could,very done this already. There were times when relation could've turned nasty. But unfortunately US is not run by some idiots like khaluzadi or phurrikaar.

Pakistan can survive without US(example is 90's). US cannot afford to cut relations with Pakistan.

Yeah, because if they do, we can get rid of all their progress in Afghanistan, nuke Israel, and give their worst enemies nuclear capability.

Carry on with this stupid soft policy of ours and the world will continue to laugh at us. This is the case with Pakistan. While Afghans dont mind acting like Indians, we on the other hand cant let go the moral high horse due to some divine or should i say absent wisdom of Nawaz Sharif. If you dont stand up for yourself dont expect others too.

Some pretty strong words from Fmr US ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad.

@pakistani342 : What's your thoughts on the mood in the Capitol Hill? Zal seems to indicate that US Gov is probably resorting to more sticks than carrots this time.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/paki...may-khalilzad-former-us-diplomat-2867468.html

Today, I see in US a greater desire to isolate Pakistan. I think there is a need for a North Korea-type of isolation. We have asked China if they want Pakistan to be North Korea. We are pressing for delay in the IMF package to Pakistan. There has to be a complete suspension of all assistance to Pakistan and to make its military generals and government understand the consequences of continued support for extremist and terrorist groups.

The drone attack was a shot across the bow for Pakistan’s generals. It had a clear message. If we can do that with Mullah Mansour (the successor of Mullah Omar was killed in a US drone attack in Pakistan’s Baluchistan province in May), we can surely tackle the other Taliban leaders.

Stopping the sale of the F-16 fighter jets was another message to them. Reduction in assistance to Pakistan is another message.
Good luck with that. With China, its allies and the Muslim world with us, I doubt Mr Khalilzad would succeed in isolating us.

sometimes dogs bark without any reason, why? just bcoz they want attention..

Here my fellow Pakistanis are giving attention to a low life refugee..

Good luck with that. With China, its allies and the Muslim world with us, I doubt Mr Khalilzad would succeed in isolating us.

Fair enough, a couple of question to test to your argument.

- Which allies ? Can you name a few countries... that will stand up the US for Pakistan interests?

- Muslim world ? Can you name a few countries in the Muslim world that will stand to the US and defend Pakistan? Defending Pakistan keeping in mind that there will be serious consequences for these muslim countries from the US side.

- China : Yes Pakistan's strong strategic partner which has on most occasion has defended Pakistan ( it is in her interests) but do you really think that China will cross paths to defend Pakistan if things were to really heat up? Chinese interests be economical and otherwise are far larger with the US then her relationship with Pakistan. I have always been of the opinion that countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan and even India ( deem themselves more important than they are to the big boys) are pawns in the greater game but if things were to really heat up between the big boy, these smaller countries will be left to dry in a blink of an eye.

Ok this is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong and I am always happy to learn and adjust my position should you provide a better argumentation.

/Peace

Pakistan is the Quasi leader of the Muslim world, an emerging economy, soon to enter the G-20, its allied to the emerging Superpower, we just dashed Indian NSG dreams through diplomatic muscle, we will become the heart of all trade between China and GCC with a combined GDP of 14 trillion dollars. Pakistan is a country which holds military exercises with the US, China, Russia, Turkey, GCC and Iran in the same year. It can't be isolated just because a dirt bag bureaucrat with split loyalties thinks so.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,7sJbBHPCRvmpYaG3QSbWdK__-1XIM3quoCLOnVpZUA1FsgCxT3TXTV4A0OX9IIUlNJhB2OchfRhePPPQPX2CuyIW8oN7QwNphp6JXU40PpyqtPPE-3GOc_p4-1X_FCoCYCID4EgUNt8R4FhR1bX98_ZJkifjPU-_NNoI_w5Rv4p7ND1LJzX9aZn7v--_QxVBhBSHBWGhPazWyGvb_RpR

Look at this map and tell me, which country would want to completely isolate Pakistan. Pakistan lies at the crossroads
of many regions(middle east, china, central asia, south asia) and thus its position is very strategic. No country would want to completely shun Pakistan.

Yes there will be some hard times but nothing too significant for Pakistan.

he thinks US will irk Pakistan for sake of Afghanistan

Afghanistan ... a magnificent spectre of rock desert and ruins.... where there is one hospital functioning in whole country... there is electricity only on capital city.... partially.... and one medical college. ...
no schools no universities.... not even a national grid for electricity distribution let alone electricity......nearest hospital from kandahar is in quetta.......
where people live in caves.....boys are routinely raped. ... there is no law... no order.... roamed by some most unholy and cruel creatures ever born on face of this earth....

where there are more drugs and weapons than rest of the world combined......

yes US will definitely like to work for Afghanistan for this.......

they might try things against Pakistan in their own interest.... but not because its in interest of Afghanistan....

guess what I don't think US gives a flying f@ck to how racially superior afghans are.......

Rant.

Pakistan is the Quasi leader of the Muslim world, an emerging economy, soon to enter the G-20, its allied to the emerging Superpower, we just dashed Indian NSG dreams through diplomatic muscle, we will become the heart of all trade between China and GCC with a combined GDP of 14 trillion dollars. Pakistan is a country which holds military exercises with the US, China, Russia, Turkey, GCC and Iran in the same year. It can't be isolated just because a dirt bag bureaucrat with split loyalties thinks so.

Calling someone names is hall mark for a poor case, remember these "dirtbags" influence decision making in the upper echelons of the US Gov.

Back
Top Bottom