What's new

BDR to set up camps every 5 kilometer along the border

Raquib

Reaction score

Director general of the Bangladesh Riffles Maj Gen Moinul Islam said on Monday that justice must prevail in the Peelkhana mutiny trial regardless of the law employed.

"Whatever the law used, we want justice," Islam told reporters after a Durbar at the Bolipara-10 Rifles headquarters in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.

He said reform of the border security force was proceeding at a good pace, while a decision on a new name for the BDR would be finalised next week.

"The new name might be the Bangladesh Border Guards," said Islam.

The BDR chief, however, said the main reasons for the reforms were to improve overall discipline and define responsibilities, while changes in name and insignia were less important.

He said proposals on more border camps had already been forwarded to the home ministry.

"Camps will be set up every five kilometres along the border," said Islam, who added camps in the Chittagong Hill Tracts would also be increased.

Director general of the Bangladesh Riffles Maj Gen Moinul Islam said on Monday that justice must prevail in the Peelkhana mutiny trial regardless of the law employed.

"Whatever the law used, we want justice," Islam told reporters after a Durbar at the Bolipara-10 Rifles headquarters in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.

He said reform of the border security force was proceeding at a good pace, while a decision on a new name for the BDR would be finalised next week.

"The new name might be the Bangladesh Border Guards," said Islam.

The BDR chief, however, said the main reasons for the reforms were to improve overall discipline and define responsibilities, while changes in name and insignia were less important.

He said proposals on more border camps had already been forwarded to the home ministry.

"Camps will be set up every five kilometres along the border," said Islam, who added camps in the Chittagong Hill Tracts would also be increased.
Any idea about the increase of BDR troops? Before the BDR mutiny there was a news of BSF increase by two divisions. BDR also declared an intention of two divisions of new recruits. Now, a BoP @ 5km means an intention to beef up the number and strength of BDR (BBG) troops. Can someone confirm this ?

Any idea about the increase of BDR troops? Before the BDR mutiny there was a news of BSF increase by two divisions. BDR also declared an intention of two divisions of new recruits. Now, a BoP @ 5km means an intention to beef up the number and strength of BDR (BBG) troops. Can someone confirm this ?

Yes, The number is going to be increased.

Mere increase number and changing names without permission to use arms will not mean anything. Besides, if BDR is not provided with improved arms, communication means, ngv it will be very difficult for them to maintain their strength. In CHT helo is must have to be effective.

One additional unit BDR should have is trained snipers at least in battalion level.

Very good news. Will they be equip with modern weapons as well as military training like previous BDR has gone through? I would like to see them as bad boys of Bangladesh border.

One additional unit BDR should have is trained snipers at least in battalion level.

Agree. They should be train as commando level. We need to secure our border from unwanted Impostors and lowlife. :sniper:

Agree. They should be train as commando level. We need to secure our border from unwanted Impostors and lowlife. :sniper:

I agree with you completely. The BDR should be trained to the highest level possible. The BSF and the BDR should work together to crush terrorists, cattle smugglers and illegal immigrants.

Mere increase number and changing names without permission to use arms will not mean anything. Besides, if BDR is not provided with improved arms, communication means, ngv it will be very difficult for them to maintain their strength. In CHT helo is must have to be effective.

AS far as I know, there are already a battalion of trained sniper shooters in BDR. But, they are not necessarily a single unit working alone. Rather, they are mixed with other BDR troops at the BOPs, so that most of these BOPs have a few sharp shooters.

By the way, why we even need these shooters against the BSF? Have not you seen the performance of India's Black Cats in Bombay? BCs are their best commando, they say. Even our Ansars will do better than them.

Very good news. Will they be equip with modern weapons as well as military training like previous BDR has gone through? I would like to see them as bad boys of Bangladesh border.

Yap. They will also undergo army training which is something new.:sniper:

AS far as I know, there are already a battalion of trained sniper shooters in BDR. But, they are not necessarily a single unit working alone. Rather, they are mixed with other BDR troops at the BOPs, so that most of these BOPs have a few sharp shooters.

By the way, why we even need these shooters against the BSF? Have not you seen the performance of India's Black Cats in Bombay? BCs are their best commando, they say. Even our Ansars will do better than them.

Sigh!! Some people will only learn , a few seconds before a nuclear tipped Brahmos hurtling at 7 times the speed of sound towards the posterior , about the capabilities of India's defence !

You are correct about snipers sir.

Snipers are one of the most important units in any force.So it is absurd to believe BDR does not have one,especially when BDR should be maximising the use of small arms,as it is not allowed to use heavy guns like artillery.
Type-85 is the standard issue of snipers in BDR.

BTW BDmilitary site is showing otocar APV to be used by BDR.I remember seeing one of them during BDR mutiny.One of them was stationed near the gate.
They are stating it will be standard issue for every BDR/BGB sector.

Last edited:
Yap. They will also undergo army training which is something new.:sniper:

Raquib, they always undergo army training.They train with army personnel and are trained by army personnel.

That is why it is often claimed that BDR is truely a "para-military" force.

I agree with you completely. The BDR should be trained to the highest level possible. The BSF and the BDR should work together to crush terrorists, cattle smugglers and illegal immigrants.

The training of BDR was never a issue.As army always made sure it was perfect.The issue is with better equipment and better facilities to the troops.

You are correct about snipers sir.

Snipers are one of the most important units in any force.So it is absurd to believe BDR does not have one,especially when BDR should be maximising the use of small arms,as it is not allowed to use heavy guns like artillery.
Type-85 is the standard issue of snipers in BDR.

BTW BDmilitary site is showing otocar APV to be used by BDR.I remember seeing one of them during BDR mutiny.One of them was stationed near the gate.
They are stating it will be standard issue for every BDR/BGB sector.

Leon,
you are much knowledgeable person. do not site any propagation site
run by a teenage guy.

Bangladesh imported 17/18 Otokar from turkey for BDR. Same year they also imported around 100/200 T-85 sniper rifles for BDR.

BDR may have sniper unit already but my hope and suggestion was to deploy them at battalion level. As indicated by recent events india/bsf will intrude more and more and try to occupy more land. We can use these resources to take out rouge element from across the border before they become trigger happy.

and for black pussycat, we enjoyed their superb body count even in 2001.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom