What's new

BDR to set up camps every 5 kilometer along the border

Honest question - Wouldn't it be a better option for Bangladesh to invest that money building cyclone shelters?

Anyways, this is good news. I hope BSF and BDR collaborate to keep a check on illegal migration and smuggling.

Cheers!

Honest question - Wouldn't it be a better option for Bangladesh to invest that money building cyclone shelters?

Anyways, this is good news. I hope BSF and BDR collaborate to keep a check on illegal migration and smuggling.

Cheers!

Also, if BSF shot any of our people, We shot down a BSF man. Period.

Ya, you are right. This hatred will multiply thousand time if india ever try that.

I do respect the reality now that india has Kashmir. But in all sense, it should be a part of Pakistan in 1947. But realty is different now. People of Kashmir, not perfectly happy but did not mind being uner India all this time until recently.

Even now, majority of the people of Kashmir are not opposed to Indian rule but to the presence of large number of security personnel. Indian defense personnel have done some blunders in the past few years but the Indian government has also shown its willingness several times to incorporate Kashmiri viewpoint.

I'm sure we will overcome this turbulence and peace will prevail in Kashmir valley.

Regarding the scenario of India occupying Bangladesh or other neighboring countries - highly unlikely. In my opinion, the Indian government aspires to have friendly relations with all its neighbors and also wants to increase its influence. But our neighbors often misunderstand us because of poor people-to-people contact. Hopefully that will change and interaction and cooperation between us will increase irrespective of religious differences.

2377c1c93266427552d6e25122353700.gif
Bangladesh.gif

Even now, majority of the people of Kashmir are not opposed to Indian rule but to the presence of large number of security personnel. Indian defense personnel have done some blunders in the past few years but the Indian government has also shown its willingness several times to incorporate Kashmiri viewpoint.

I'm sure we will overcome this turbulence and peace will prevail in Kashmir valley.

Regarding the scenario of India occupying Bangladesh or other neighboring countries - highly unlikely. In my opinion, the Indian government aspires to have friendly relations with all its neighbors and also wants to increase its influence. But our neighbors often misunderstand us because of poor people-to-people contact. Hopefully that will change and interaction and cooperation between us will increase irrespective of religious differences.

Bangladesh.gif

Just look at the reality now. come and see the once mighty rivers of Bangladesh. Now a cow drazing field. We import so much things from india, but every where when we try to export anything to india, there are always a traffic impose.

Look at all the treaty we have sign with india, including water sharing,
border demarcation and territorial issues. We have full fill our pledges,
but did india did any one of this ? I guess india will act as a responsible
neighbor and lot of the problem of South asia will solve.

Just look at the reality now. come and see the once mighty rivers of Bangladesh. Now a cow drazing field. We import so much things from india, but every where when we try to export anything to india, there are always a traffic impose.

Look at all the treaty we have sign with india, including water sharing,
border demarcation and territorial issues. We have full fill our pledges,
but did india did any one of this ? I guess india will act as a responsible
neighbor and lot of the problem of South asia will solve.

Agreed. India needs to act more responsibly. But I'm also of the opinion that Bangladesh is also to be blamed for Indian insensitivity towards their issues.

I mean, if Bangladesh willingly took a strong stance against anti-India insurgents, I'm sure Indian government will be more sensitive.

Look at Bhutan and Burma - India annually gives billions of dollars worth aid to Bhutan and Burma receives extensive military support from India. Why? Because they actively helped India in fighting insurgents. If Bangladesh is insensitive to Indian issues, then how can they expect Indians to be sensitive to theirs'?

That said, I hope my government will act more responsibly because being a larger country we need to take care of the interests of our neighbors. Lets hope that things will improve in future.

:cheers:

Agreed. India needs to act more responsibly. But I'm also of the opinion that Bangladesh is also to be blamed for Indian insensitivity towards their issues.

I mean, if Bangladesh willingly took a strong stance against anti-India insurgents, I'm sure Indian government will be more sensitive.

Look at Bhutan and Burma - India annually gives billions of dollars worth aid to Bhutan and Burma receives extensive military support from India. Why? Because they actively helped India in fighting insurgents. If Bangladesh is insensitive to Indian issues, then how can they expect Indians to be sensitive to theirs'?

That said, I hope my government will act more responsibly because being a larger country we need to take care of the interests of our neighbors. Lets hope that things will improve in future.

:cheers:

Man, with most of the indian in this Forum, You are one of the few who talk with respect and want to improve the bilateral relation.

Yes, BD has lot to do also. but Being the big neighbor, India should take the first step and not only the time when Hasina is in power.

5 Lakh vs 20 Million.
I am happy this bigot from India is telling of only 20 million BDs in that third world poor country. Why not 200 million? Anyway, the bigots should not be allowed to derail the thread.

Cheers!

I hope you were not being sarcastic in that question.

Bangladesh,over the years have built lots of cyclone shelters along the coast.There is separate money allocated for disaster management.That's why even when category 5 cyclone like SIDR hit BD,comparatively the loses were low(though more than 3 thousand died).

But building BDR BOP is for security matter,and equally needed as those cyclone shelter.

The Hindu : Urgent need to resolve border disputes

Urgent need to resolve border disputes
By Haroon Habib

DHAKA, APRIL 21. The exchange of fire on the Indo-Bangladesh border has stopped, but there is apprehension here as to whether the authorities on both sides would be able to prevent the recurrence of such bloody skirmishes in the future.

The apprehensions are pertinent because despite the resolution of most outstanding issues, some smaller ones still cause conflicts along the 4,000-km-long border.

The Mujib-Indira agreement dealt with 110 enclaves of Bangladesh in Indian territory and almost an equal number belonging to India in Bangladesh. While Bangladesh implemented the treaty quickly, India has not done it fully so far.

These are minor issues, including the one of Padua (Indian name Pyrdiwah) which was seized by the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) on April 16. Discussions over the handing over of Padua, which borders Meghalaya, to Bangladesh have been going on for a long time without any tangible result.

Observers said that the latest clash was probably the result of local adventurism and field-level overreaction, and hoped the situation would improve soon. ``But the facts remain that the border guards of India and Bangladesh had clashed 51 times in last 16 months, in which 47 BDR men died and 37 were injured,'' said the pro-secular daily Sangbad in an editorial today.

While stressing the need for both sides to observe restraint, newspapers here have raised several questions. Who was to blame for the clashes? Were the clashes the outcome of issues which remained unresolved for decades? Or had some interested quarters seized their chance?

The popular Bangla daily Prothom Alo questioned in a front page analysis the role of the BDR Director-General, whose forces had taken a group of journalists on a trip to Padua the day it was seized by them. The daily said the journalists were later flown by a helicopter to Roumari, where the worst clashes took place.

The daily also questioned why the BDR chief had taken a major military decision - to seize Padua - when there was an elected government, and also the neighbouring governments had been maintaining regular contact on all issues.

Although there is no official confirmation, another daily Vorer Kagoj reported today that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had demanded an explanation from the BDR for its action, which may have provoked the BSF to attack a Bangladesh border outpost in the Kurigram-Mankerchar region, resulting in the large number of casualties.

The construction of a road by the BSF in Padua was protested by the BDR. But it is still unclear what actually prompted the latter to seize the tiny hamlet, which was a strategic camp of Bangladesh freedom fighters during the nation's war of liberation in 1971.

The Daily Independent in an editorial said, ``It is, at this time, certainly important to find out the causes responsible for what transpired at the Indo-Bangladesh frontier on Wednesday.'' It demanded a quick, judicious inquiry and also the reasons for the large number of casualties.

The border is not only densely populated on both sides but also mostly demarcated except a few disputed portions. And the recent clashes took place only in the two undemarcated areas.

Even if there was a design by ``an interested foreign quarters'', for instance the ISI whose name is being discussed, to destabilise the friendly relations between the neighbours, there is an urgent need to resolve the unsettled issues to prevent the recurrence of such conflicts in the future.

The Hindu : Urgent need to resolve border disputes

Urgent need to resolve border disputes
By Haroon Habib

DHAKA, APRIL 21. The apprehensions are pertinent because despite the resolution of most outstanding issues, some smaller ones still cause conflicts along the 4,000-km-long border.

The Mujib-Indira agreement dealt with 110 enclaves of Bangladesh in Indian territory and almost an equal number belonging to India in Bangladesh. While Bangladesh implemented the treaty quickly, India has not done it fully so far.

These are minor issues, including the one of Padua (Indian name Pyrdiwah) which was seized by the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) on April 16. Discussions over the handing over of Padua, which borders Meghalaya, to Bangladesh have been going on for a long time without any tangible result.

Observers said that the latest clash was probably the result of local adventurism and field-level overreaction, and hoped the situation would improve soon. ``But the facts remain that the border guards of India and Bangladesh had clashed 51 times in last 16 months, in which 47 BDR men died and 37 were injured,'' said the pro-secular daily Sangbad in an editorial today.

The construction of a road by the BSF in Padua was protested by the BDR. But it is still unclear what actually prompted the latter to seize the tiny hamlet, which was a strategic camp of Bangladesh freedom fighters during the nation's war of liberation in 1971.
Some people are apprehensive about the strengthening of BDR BOPs along the BD-India border. Some are suggesting CYCLONE SHELTERS, instead. How funny! An old news, that appeared on 21 April 2001 in the well respected newspaper The Hindu, speaks about the truth and reality along the border. It says while BD has handed over 110 enclaves to India, India has yet to reciprocate.

India sweetly speaks of ETERNAL friendship with BD, but keeps on holding lands that do not belong rightfully to them. India creates problem, but then when BDR reacts it blames reactionery elements or fundamentalists in the army behind it. If a country has a friend like India, then it does not need an enemy.

BDR rightfully needs many more BOPs and modern weapons to check BSF khabardari over the occupied lands that belong to BD. They must be vigilant so that India cannot steal any more. When I say something like this the Indian posters come in unison to call me Indian-basher. I just do not understand this attitude.

Last edited:
Govt to build 30 new BOPs for BDR

Govt to build 30 new BOPs for BDR

The government has decided to build 30 new border outposts (BOP) for the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) to provide better accommodations to BDR personnel working on the frontiers of the country, reports BSS.

The government has also taken a decision to construct 24 kilometres pavement road between the BOPs to further strengthen the BDR activities in checking smuggling in the border areas, official sources said Friday.

The construction work of the BOPs and road, which began last year, will be completed by December this year, the sources said.

The government, of late, has decided to increase the fund of the project for the construction by bringing changes in the project design.

At the previously approved project, the cost was estimated at Tk 248 million (24.80 crore) which is now Tk 303 million.

Under the revised project, LMG posts, bunkers, dining rooms and bathrooms will also be constructed in all the new BOPs. Besides, box culverts, drains and retaining walls will be constructed along the road for preventing any hindrance to irrigation of the crop lands on both sides of the road.

Vehicles, computers and furniture will also be purchased for the BOPs under the project.

The government has taken the initiatives due to paucity of accommodation facilities of the BDR jawans at the BOPs, official sources said.

Besides, the anti-smuggling drive of the BDR is often hampered as the internal road communication of the BOPs is very poor, sources added.

A planning commission spokesman said the design of the project was revised at a PEC meeting on May 25 last and the amendment was approved at the last meeting of Executive Committee of National Economic Council (ECNEC).

Against the project, a Tk 98 million was allocated at the Annual Development Programme (ADP) of the current fiscal 2009-2010.

Bangladesh.gif
Bangladeshi people do not really worry about Indian challenge. Whichever Party is in power, if something happens, it must resist or it will be ousted. We know very well our weakness as well as our strength. Where India is strong, we are weak. But, where BD is strong, India is weak. See the map and understand the geopolitical position of BD in relation to China and your NE.

Here, however, there is a group of Razakars who try to score points by weeping about the possibility of an Indian attack. These people were the agents for Pakistan army in 1971. These traitors are still backstabbing us. In case of an attack, these big talkers will just evaporate. Backstabbing and frontal fighting are two different things.

But, it is wrong to think about Kashmir the way you have presented the case. It is like binding a woman with rope and raping her by force, but telling others she is fond of you. If India has guts, then it should arrange a plebiscite there to decide if the Kashmiris are in love with India or not.

Awami indian stooge govt futher demoralizes Bangladesh defence forces with tacit threat of further mutiny. All Awami hoax of development of defence forces further exposed from chief indian stooge Hasina statement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PM warns of more mutiny-like incidents

Tue, Sep 15th, 2009 3:02 pm BdST

Dhaka, Sept 15 (bdnews24.com)—Prime minister Sheikh Hasina has warned of "ongoing efforts" to repeat incidents similar to the BDR bloodbath to reverse the democratic strides.

In her address to parliament, marking the International Day of Democracy on Tuesday, the prime minister urged the main opposition BNP to return to the House for the sake of democracy.

Also, she urged people to safeguard hard-earned democracy.

Hasina alleged that an artificial crisis of sugar has been stirred up and her administration has had information on the conspiracy.

"Conspiracy is on to disrupt the democratic practice. We have to remain alert so that no-one can foil the hard-earned democracy." Hasina said urging the main opposition BNP to return to the house.

She said power usurpers had created a "special group" of people and positioned them at different places.

"Obstructions are coming from them. People will have to be cautious so that none can snatch the restored democracy," Hasina said.

She said her government tackled the BDR mutiny efficiently.

"Conspiracies will be on to make incidents like the BDR mutiny happen in future.

"People will have to remain alert so that their voting rights are protected; democracy remains secure."

Chief whip Abdus Shahid proposed that the House held a discussion on democracy.

Awami League's Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim, Abdul Latif Siddiqui, Fazle Rabbi Mian and Abdul Matin Khasru, and Bangladesh Workers' Party's Rashed Khan Menon took part in the discussion.

In his speech, Sheikh Selim bitterly criticised the United Nations for its "weak role" in facilitating continuation of democratic practices in Bangladesh.

"It is easy to say good words.

"Where was the UN when the father of the nation Bangabndhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was assassinated in 1975?

"The killers of Bangabandhu have been living in different countries.

"I urge the UN to extradite the killers since the government has re-started the process of trying the killers," Selim said.

Menon alleged that The UN office in Bangladesh was used during the Jan 11, 2007 changeover.

PM warns of more mutiny-like incidents :: Politics :: bdnews24.com ::

I do not understand the relationship between two things. One is mutiny-like possibility in the future and the other is BDR BoP @5 km along the border. Are these two things related somehow?

Are these two things related somehow?

Why, Yes, my boy, YES indeed. Did'nt you read your gabriel's prophecy ?
"Awami indian stooge govt futher demoralizes Bangladesh defence forces with tacit threat of further mutiny. All Awami hoax of development of defence forces further exposed from chief indian stooge Hasina statement."

So you need to take a deep breath, and let it sink in, feel it... YES... YES .. Yesssss .. feel it ....now relax, exhale, you are done.

Back
Top Bottom