What's new

BD to buy 44 armored vehicles from China

sheikh hasina is an indian agent.
It is a question that must and should be debated. However, during this term her govt is purchasing many hundred million dollars worth of military hardwares for BA, BN and BAF that can also be used against her suspected master as well under some theoretical scenerio.

It is a question that must and should be debated. However, during this term her govt is purchasing many hundred million dollars worth of military hardwares for BA, BN and BAF that can also be used against her suspected master as well under some theoretical scenerio.

EW Bro, purchasing millions worth of military equipment cannot alone justify her being 'non-pro India'. Its a matter of national security and a vital part of the country, which any PM would have given priority to. She is actually trying to hit two birds with one arrow - 1. trying to win over the armed forces and 2. trying to prove that she is a good Defense Minister AKA Prime Minister and that no one (probably India) is restricting her from buying million $ equipment.

She is pro-Indian, no doubt about it and any sane Bangladeshi can identify this fact. But at least she is trying to be a better defense minister and for that sake, buying something for the armed forces.

But hey, we are not war-mongers! So it would have actually been better if she did something better then unexpected for the country overall.

Cheers!!!

I will not contest if someone says, SH is India-friendly. AL and its leaders, from the chore of their hearts, are India friendly. It would have been ok if they had shown some concerns about the feeling of the populace. But, AL leaders go out of their way to appease India.

No lame excuse, but it may be because AL cannot woo die hard BNP and Jamaati voters. They, therefore, do not want to lose their own hard-chore voter pool. Their voters are pleased when AL pleases India. So, this kind of India leaning politics by AL will continue.

Best thing is not to elect this party in the next election. Then, of course, we will have to suffer a long five years of stealing by people like Tareqe.

Buying big ticket (in the context of Bangladesh) military item means big budget spending and on top of it hiding real cost and looting chances. In previous term Awami League regime did loot significant amount of money from buying Frigate from Korea and Mig 29 from Russia. This time its no difference in Awami League looting only new thing is digital touch and digital chapabaz brigade. Lot had been speculated here but question one need to ask if any of these validated purchase Not speculated one) really changed capability against increasing threat perception?

Other defence forums are saying that along with the new MBT-2000 tanks, BD will get also a plant from China where BA will be able to assemble new battle tanks and do repair works.

^ in this forum someone posted that Some of the MBTs will be assembled in BD....

Buying big ticket (in the context of Bangladesh) military item means big budget spending and on top of it hiding real cost and looting chances. In previous term Awami League regime did loot significant amount of money from buying Frigate from Korea and Mig 29 from Russia. This time its no difference in Awami League looting only new thing is digital touch and digital chapabaz brigade. Lot had been speculated here but question one need to ask if any of these validated purchase Not speculated one) really changed capability against increasing threat perception?

If looting is necessary to purchase some cool military hardware, then why not ? :P

^ in this forum someone posted that Some of the MBTs will be assembled in BD....

I think, I did it. But, may be I wrote some wrong information there. My intention was to say about future assembly. Note that a factory cannot be built overnight. So, the logical conclusion is that China will supply these 44 tanks and also an assembling plant, where the future MBT-2000 or others will be assembled.

assembling won't do any good same with buying. we have to have guts and faith in allah. start with a small step, I mean joint venture like pakistan and india, why not, now we have to take worse case scenario, if there is a war and bangladesh fall init may allah forbid we have to produce mass production in less time so take small step and move forward. I know you know better but may be 1 tank per year is a good start don't u think?

banglladesh should have developed a totally customized version of MBT-2000 totally upto their requirement

with that bangladesh would have gained knowledge

and in future they themselves would be able to upgrade the MBT-2000

like we are doing with Al khalid I and now AL khalid II.both are upgradations are independent from china involvement.

tank is the first step a country take when becoming self reliance in arms

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

banglladesh should have developed a totally customized version of MBT-2000 totally upto their requirement

like we are doing with Al khalid I and now AL khalid II.both are upgradations are independent from china involvement.

^^^Triple post! :lol:

assembling won't do any good same with buying. we have to have guts and faith in allah. start with a small step, I mean joint venture like pakistan and india, why not, now we have to take worse case scenario, if there is a war and bangladesh fall init may allah forbid we have to produce mass production in less time so take small step and move forward. I know you know better but may be 1 tank per year is a good start don't u think?

It doesn't hurt to start from somewhere. India does not use the MBT-2000, it uses the T-90 which is a completely different design.

Although, the T-90 did compete during the tender.

Bangladesh is not a big country so it does not need a lot of tank and no need of producing and making it

and Also T90 and MBT 2000 is different tank
but both tank are good tanks

It'd be better for Bangladesh to start producing cars.

Back
Top Bottom