BD to buy 44 armored vehicles from China

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
News Desk
banglanews24.com

DHAKA: Bangladesh will purchase 44 military armored vehicles from China at a cost of 200 million dollars.

Chinese Ambassador in Dhaka Zhang Xianyi came up with the disclosure on the military purchase at a press meet at the National Press Club Monday.

“The military hardware will be delivered to Bangladesh within next 15 months,” he said.

He, however, could not give the total figure of military hardware purchase from China.

The ambassador termed “fruitful” the recent visit of Bangladesh army chief General Mubeen to China and said, “Defence cooperation between Bangladesh and China is an important component of our bilateral relations.”

BD to buy 44 armored vehicles from China Military purchase

I don't think its a new thing . its the contract of tank we are getting from china . only a tank can worth of 4.4 million dollar not any simple armored vehicle at least for Bangladesh .

44?

Man both Indian and Myanmar Army chief's must be shivering in their pants.

Even the BSF has anti tank weapons for crying out loud.

GB

i am confused.

but china was going to deliver 44 tanks in 27 months.... price 160 million...... now this man says they are going to deliver 44 armored cars within 15 months and cost is 200 million......I have checked many sources about this news but surprisingly no one mentioned this contact is old.....

How much does one tank and armored vehicles cost that bd is buying from china??

i am confused.

but china was going to deliver 44 tanks in 27 months.... price 160 million...... now this man says they are going to deliver 44 armored cars within 15 months and cost is 200 million......I have checked many sources about this news but surprisingly no one mentioned this contact is old.....

The report you posted clearly says 44 armored vehicles, not armored cars (which is something else). Armored vehicles could be any armored vehicle such as tank, APC, IFV, etc. I don't know about the time frame and the cost (The Diplomat reports the MBT-2000 deal is worth up to $162 million), could be either a reporting inconsistency or another deal.

Why are we buying more armored vehicles? We have enough of them.

But as usual, army is always not transparent with...pretty much anything.

44?

GB

BSF had anti tank weapon yet they could not beat semi automatic chinese rifles!!!
Something terribly wrong going on in India. You better wake up.

BSF had anti tank weapon yet they could not beat semi automatic chinese rifles!!!
Something terribly wrong going on in India. You better wake up.

Who told you that ?? First do some research before posting. Read all links. 80% Equipment of Indian army and mentioned and 20% are secrets as usual. We have most of the modern equipment to fight any country.

Equipment of the Indian Army

44?

GB

RPG-7s? Yeah good luck with those against MBT-2000s :lol:
Border Security Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*Kidding* :D

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Who told you that ?? First do some research before posting. Read all links. 80% Equipment of Indian army and mentioned and 20% are secrets as usual. We have most of the modern equipment to fight any country.

Equipment of the Indian Army

He was mentioning about BSF, which is a different force from the army.

If Bangladesh doesn't want to be India's puppet. I suggest buffing up the Bangladeshi Military, Jf-17, HQ-9 Air defense, the Al Khalid Tank from both Pakistan and China.

If Bangladesh doesn't want to be India's puppet. I suggest buffing up the Bangladeshi Military, Jf-17, HQ-9 Air defense, the Al Khalid Tank from both Pakistan and China.

Agreed. Bangladesh needs to start a new military modernization plan which will not only add new hardware to the country's arsenal, but also set up training schools that will train a new breed of officers whom are competent and trained for the job that is required off them. For a country of Bangladesh's stature with two hostile and very well armed neighbours, Bangladesh cannot afford to be ill equipped. Its very expensive to arm your country but its even more expensive to loose a war.

Back
Top Bottom