What's new

Battlin For Bangladesh

sir,sukhoi30mki is da india specific export version of su30 with many upgrades....
.it is da best version of the aiscraft(even better dan da wat russians use)........so sukhoi30mki....no.........sukhoi30mk...maybe. But if indo-bangla relation detoriates ,chances for u of getting those will also minimise......thnx

It depends, russians are pushing very hard for their technology sale in BD. If we could offer them better market they will stay as India is moving ahead with other suppliers specially in the west. There is no more bi-polar cold war is going on and its all about money and market.
My sister just told me Russians offered some weapons factory here.. she could not confirm what the heck they going to make here. :undecided:

Huh thats funny.. How china will open a front from BD as they will be trapped here. They have all those open border with India and they will come from North not south.

As BD has only neighbour which is called India, so any defence procurement small or big must be done keeping in mind India. With your suggestion, BD dont really need any army at all....

i was talking about as a naval port use or ally with them in sino-indian war.i am not saying that Bangladesh don't need armed force, but she should not have a prejudice that India is our enemy. BTW you having trouble with Myanmar deal with them instead making a imaginary enemy.

i was talking about as a naval port use or ally with them in sino-indian war.i am not saying that Bangladesh don't need armed force, but she should not have a prejudice that India is our enemy. BTW you having trouble with Myanmar deal with them instead making a imaginary enemy.

Bangladesh will never be a major player,as its size does not allow it,but it can be a key component.Like you mentioned a second "Sino-Indian war".

Yes we have the Burmese who recently have been a pain in the a$$.But India stationing more fighters on the Eastern wing is also worrying for us,although it is meant for China.India probably stationed a Sukhoi squadron on the eastern wing recently.

Yes India is not our enemy but it not our ally either.So we have to be cautious to its moves and play our cards accordingly.

I heard a lot about s-300. How its guidance system works? and how is the cost involved?
SAMs are good if guidance system is based on Satellite not radar. If radar is used then its really useless believe me. Overwhelming air power and jamming will cripple them within 15 mins.

Its probably the best currently,capable of intercepting cruise missiles.
Its expensive though,India bought 6 batteries consisting 48 missiles at $1Bn:cheesy:

Read this article:

Almaz S-300 – China's “Offensive” Air Defense

If the United States wishes to have a credible capability to decisively defeat the PLA's developing SAM force, it will need many more than just 183 F-22A fighters.

International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > Almaz S-300 – China's “Offensive” Air Defense

sir,sukhoi30mki is da india specific export version of su30 with many upgrades....
.it is da best version of the aiscraft(even better dan da wat russians use)........so sukhoi30mki....no.........sukhoi30mk...maybe. But if indo-bangla relation detoriates ,chances for u of getting those will also minimise......thnx

oh my bad tnx for the information

It depends, russians are pushing very hard for their technology sale in BD. If we could offer them better market they will stay as India is moving ahead with other suppliers specially in the west. There is no more bi-polar cold war is going on and its all about money and market.
My sister just told me Russians offered some weapons factory here.. she could not confirm what the heck they going to make here. :undecided:

sir,by saying india moving ahead i assume you meant da mrca deal(dou russian mig35 is also in contention)......but apart from dat india has loads of deals with russia-pak-fa 5th generation fighter,brahmos,gorshkov ac,sukhoi30mki etc.............i assume deals are worth approx 20billion dollars........so russians are and will remain in the near future indian defence's main stay,...........thnx

the Indian Sukhoi Su-30 MKIs have a lot of French and Israeli avionics,mind you.The airframe alone can't do all the stuff.
we need to set up countrywide air defence systems and measures too.

the Indian Sukhoi Su-30 MKIs have a lot of French and Israeli avionics,mind you.The airframe alone can't do all the stuff.
we need to set up countrywide air defence systems and measures too.

you are right sir,but i guess dis sexy beast offered by da russians can carry a vast range of western missiles...........da indian version has advanced israeli avionics,with indian components as well......da supersonic brahmos cruise missile are set to be fit in da new ones.......for more imformation you may visit bharatrakshak.com.....but visit da forums at your own risk(man!! we have some nationalists dere)!!!......thnx

Last edited:
r we ever gonna buy that Sukhoi Su-30MKI???
also before i saw in wikpedia that bd air force are planing to buy 200 of them, is it true

we are on the way dude!! and never believe in those wiki stuffs.... most of its information are B.S. I also doubt about the number....

why the hell do u think India will attack Bangladesh. you buy air crafts as many as you can for god sake spare India with your prejudice. attack on Bangladesh happen in only one case.if you let Chinese open a front from Bangladeshi soil.

US is very likely to set a naval base in Bangladesh.... what u gonna do then?? doesnt it show up as a threat to you guys???

The US is at the present moment is no threat to India.......they are trying to be an ally at the moment,with the developments we see right now..........AND YOU SHOULD NOT TRUST THE US,THEY ARE A GROUP OF SELFISH GIANTS,GREAT IN BACKSTABBING......

Yes its on the card.. But it will not be 200, exeggeration of its extreme.
I really don't understand the logic behind BAFer's thought process of buying SU-30s. What in the world BAF would do with this monstrous air-superiority fighter? Having a small air space and going through the pain of maintaining Mig-29s, why on the earth do they want to pursue the route of 'Fool me twice’? If IND brokers for the deal then it would try to use our money to get something like Mig-29 KUB IMO and some duds like junk Migs would be delivered to us. We need modern, cost effective and fast interceptors. A fighter with Single engine, powerful radar and over mach 2 speed fit that scenario. If it is STOL or VSTOL then it would be icing on the cake, otherwise an interceptor that can take off from short run away could be acquired. I think we should customize an aircraft on the line of FC-1 with the help of Chinese and make it as best as possible with TVC engine along with STOL/VSTOL or short flyaway features, AESA radar and top-notch avionics-electronical systems. We need an air force of 250 of such aircrafts, so a funding a research project for it completely make sense. In that context teaming up with Turkey, Malaysia etc to modify FC-1 can be a great thing, what do you say?

I really don't understand the logic behind BAFer's thought process of buying SU-30s. What in the world BAF would do with this monstrous air-superiority fighter? Having a small air space and going through the pain of maintaining Mig-29s, why on the earth do they want to pursue the route of 'Fool me twice’? If IND brokers for the deal then it would try to use our money to get something like Mig-29 KUB IMO and some duds like junk Migs would be delivered to us. We need modern, cost effective and fast interceptors. A fighter with Single engine, powerful radar and over mach 2 speed fit that scenario. If it is STOL or VSTOL then it would be icing on the cake, otherwise an interceptor that can take off from short run away could be acquired. I think we should customize an aircraft on the line of FC-1 with the help of Chinese and make it as best as possible with TVC engine along with STOL/VSTOL or short flyaway features, AESA radar and top-notch avionics-electronical systems. We need an air force of 250 of such aircrafts, so a funding a research project for it completely make sense. In that context teaming up with Turkey, Malaysia etc to modify FC-1 can be a great thing, what do you say?

small air-space and 250 a/c dosnt jive! and lets also look at the financial cost. a a/c of the FC-1 class with the customization you are recommending will cost around USD30mill/unit. so 30x250 plus all infrastructure costs would spell problems for your country's financial planners.:enjoy:

all previous acquisitions of the BAF have been in the range of 24-32 a/c blocks due to financial constraints. similar issues exist with the BDA.:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom