What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AgNoStiC MuSliM I regularly make a search for keyword "Parsi" just to see if there's anything of interest I can engage on. Unfortunately in the past I pissed someone/s off bad enough to force him/her to create offensive IDs using that same term. All of them are banned, BUT the rub is that they still exist in pink and appear on the right hand column of the browzer in the results. Could you help by removing them permanently please?

Posting a screenshot below that is self explanatory:

View attachment 630800

Do you believe that those profiles were directed against you ? :D

Well, I have used it on two or three occasions. Do you as a woman object to it ? If so why ?

The term Jihad when read in Islamic terms is so special. The west bastardized it. Do we as Muslims really need to help them further ?

Go ahead and call these brave men/women what you may (Just pointed out that it was a defense forum)- I cant speak for all Indians here-I do support "UN held plebiscite for Kashmir"- The whole of Kashmir and not leaving out bits and pieces and also meeting all the standards set forth within the framework, no speculation -blah blah blah- Deal!
The Pakistani position isn't for a plebiscite on 'bits and pieces'. The inclusion of Gilgit-Baltistan is only going shift the balance of votes towards Pakistan, and asking Pakistan to vacate the territory unilaterally is not called for in the UNSC Resolutions, nor is anyone with an iota of common sense going to ask for one warring party to unconditionally vacate a disputed territory.

In any case, this does not fall under the ambit of this thread. We are talking about derogatory words/slurs, not whether the actions of the Indian government and military in Occupied Jammu & Kashmir should be sugar coated to appease Indians.

Dear Members,

After some discussion and review, PDF staff has unanimously decided to ban the use of the following words on the forum:

Porkistan (or derivatives like Porkistani, Porki):

Reason: Derogatory reference to Pakistan & Pakistanis

Gangu and it's derivatives like 'Gangustan':

Reason: A native or inhabitant of Gangetic plains (River Ganges in India).
Often used by Pakistanis as a racial slur. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Madrassa Chaap:

Reason: Derogatory reference for Muslims/Pakistanis.

Pajeet:

Reason: A slang / racial slur for a smelly dirty curry drinking hairy Indian that poos in the loo. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Ghaati:

Reason: A derogatory term used to describe people of the maharashtrian descent or maharashtra region in India. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Jihadi (by non-Muslims):

Reason: The word Jihad in Islam means 'to struggle' whereas Jihadi used as a derogatory reference to Muslims, conflated in contemporary culture with terrorists.

If ANY of our members come across any other words that have a derogatory meaning, please let the forum staff know so we can review. We have members from around the world here, reflecting different cultures, so we need your assistance in identifying, understanding and banning derogatory words.

Thanks

You should add some more words too as Bangu , Bangler , Bangla lala land , Bongoli , ... and some more . They are used as derogatory words against us , and used many times in Bangladesh defence forum . @Homo Sapiens , @Bilal9 , @UKBengali ,@Avicenna , all witnessed such words at past I believe .

Thanks and regards

@AgNoStiC MuSliM

@UKBengali
@Armchair
Or any other Bengali members
Is that correct?
Yes that's correct ! Many people use derogatory words against my nation , as I already stated some !There are few more , just they (haters) love to pervert the name of our language and nationality !
@AgNoStiC MuSliM

Last edited:
No he's not.

They want Indians to come back.
you mean to placate the angry Alexa? even though I have seen a senior mod make the offer to his highness, you could be right.
There is no concerted effort on the staff side to do either.

That was solely something I suggested in the thread because I've enjoyed reading discussions on domestic Indian politics between Indian members. The idea has not gone beyond my posts on that particular thread.

Doorstar - you can always contact me if you have questions or need clarifications on something instead of assuming that a comment of mine suggests forum policy.

Lol dude i get the feeling you're low key roasting them,:lol:
I got the same feeling. He's human.
I have plausible deniability.

The reason can include the definition/explanation of the term. :enjoy:

all derivatives like Chutiya, chutya,chutia, chutiyaa, chut, Chutiyapa, Randi Rona, Endians, Bhen Chod, BC, terroristan, Rapistan, Bandar ( used for Burmese military by Bangladeshis),

all derivatives like Chutiya, chutya,chutia, chutiyaa, chut, Chutiyapa, Randi Rona, Endians, Bhen Chod, BC, terroristan, Rapistan, Bandar ( used for Burmese military by Bangladeshis),
We're really creative as a species when it comes to denigrating those we consider as 'others'.

Kindly also make a thread in announcement where all the members are requested to be civilized and responsible. It is necessary to remind them that it is not merely the responsibility of PDF administration to improve the quality but the most important role here is of the PDF community. An acknowledgement posted in that thread by all members will be welcomed.

Chutya is such a satisfying desi word.

Nothing in English comes close in terms of the transmission of scorn.

Absolute Yes on Porkistan. I am surprised that hasn't come up before.

Westoxified - you'll have to explain.

Libtards, Liberandus ... I was thinking about that earlier (I've used those words as well).
Afghandus ... (another word I'm guilty of having used)

On the political side, we have Youthias & Patwaris - the interesting thing there is that Pakistani liberals, who typically are the first ones to start jumping up and down over some perceived derogatory reference, have played a major role in popularizing the word Youthia as a derogatory reference to PTI supporters.
I think words like youthias or libturds should be allowed because they don't target a whole community, words that target a whole community shouldn't be allowed like randian now someone thats born in India can't change the fact that they're born there so it's derogatory because it wasn't their choice but you can change your political affiliation or your liberal views so these words that target these people shouldn't be banned, we have a right to criticise people on their choices. Hope you understand my point.

Damn I saw 'pajeet' floating around (no pun intended)...never knew what it meant. Lmao

Also someone keeps using 'honkey' and i see 'nigga' being used aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom