What's new

Bangladesh to become $500b economy by 2026: StanChart

You're an atheist, why you care?
Are you sure I am an atheist? Is it because I talk fairness or I don't ridicule Hindus because of their religion? "La kum Diinukum wa liya diin". Why should it hurt me if someone is Hindu? He was born in a Hindu family and it is his personal matter.

By the way, even the Hindus are not atheists. They believe in God/ Bhagawan. So, please give the definition of atheism.

If you hate someone, you give him a reason to hate you. Am I wrong?

The IMF predicted a GDP of $561.9 by 2026 and a per capita of $3200. This was based on April 2021 projections. So before the 2nd wave took place, which had much more of an economic impact than the first.

This projection is perhaps more accurate, given the impact of the 2nd wave. Though it may also be a bit conservative.

It'll be a good achievement within the region. But nothing worth boasting about. It's a lot lower than what Vietnam and the even Philippines are right now today. And by 2026, Vietnam, which is predicted to grow slightly slower than BD, is predicted to have a per capita income of around $5500.

With regards to Pakistan, Imran Khan has made some positive moves. A gradual move away from the consumption-based economic bubble (which famously burst in 2017), and into manufacturing. Less emphasis on politically expedient (to win cheap votes) economic policies and stunts, more emphasis on the long term. It's a welcome change. However, there are a lot of fundamental underlying problems that need to be sorted out. And the solution doesn't have to be expensiive. Because Bangladesh started tackling them decades ago with very little resources.

1) Fix your dreadful education system. I don't care how many posh schools you have in Islamabad and Lahore. The overall picture is not a pretty one. Read ADB's report on your education system. It's pretty shocking.

2) Similar to (1), Pakistan has a shocking gender disparity in basic literacy, let alone education. The youth literacy rate (15-24) is 74%. But it's the gender disparity that's shocking. 80% male, 65% female. In Bangladesh, it's like 94% male and 96% female. This is why Bangladesh could utilize a much higher % of its population in the skilled and semi-skilled labour market. Bangladesh will end up eliminating illiteracy from its working-age population fairly soon. The next focus is education for a highly skilled workforce. Whether BAL mofo's can deliver on their bolshevik-like rhetoric is a separate matter. But at the least, Bangladesh sorted out the basics

3) Fix your urban-to-rural divide. Bangladesh prioritized bridging the urban-to-rural gap, at the expense of glamorizing some of its cities (or urban development in general). The rural-to-urban divide is one of the key barriers to growth, for developing countries

4) Have NGO's like BRAC, and be a lot more creative/innovative about sorting out your human development problem

5) Population control. The most backward village in Bangladesh has a lower fertility rate than metropolitan Islamabad

6) And get rid of the feudalistic system you have in place within your rural regions. Even East Pakistan got rid of feudalism before Bangladesh even existed. The feudal lords of your country literally benefit from the status quo, at the expense of everyone else

You forget there will be “catch up” growth as the lost sales in garments etc will be made up and so translating to higher growth.
600 billion US dollar GDP by 2026 is very realistic.

The IMF predicted a GDP of $561.9 by 2026 and a per capita of $3200. This was based on April 2021 projections. So before the 2nd wave took place, which had much more of an economic impact than the first.

This projection is perhaps more accurate, given the impact of the 2nd wave. Though it may also be a bit conservative.

It'll be a good achievement within the region. But nothing worth boasting about. It's a lot lower than what Vietnam and the even Philippines are right now today. And by 2026, Vietnam, which is predicted to grow slightly slower than BD, is predicted to have a per capita income of around $5500.

With regards to Pakistan, Imran Khan has made some positive moves. A gradual move away from the consumption-based economic bubble (which famously burst in 2017), and into manufacturing. Less emphasis on politically expedient (to win cheap votes) economic policies and stunts, more emphasis on the long term. It's a welcome change. However, there are a lot of fundamental underlying problems that need to be sorted out. And the solution doesn't have to be expensiive. Because Bangladesh started tackling them decades ago with very little resources.

1) Fix your dreadful education system. I don't care how many posh schools you have in Islamabad and Lahore. The overall picture is not a pretty one. Read ADB's report on your education system. It's pretty shocking.

2) Similar to (1), Pakistan has a shocking gender disparity in basic literacy, let alone education. The youth literacy rate (15-24) is 74%. But it's the gender disparity that's shocking. 80% male, 65% female. In Bangladesh, it's like 94% male and 96% female. This is why Bangladesh could utilize a much higher % of its population in the skilled and semi-skilled labour market. Bangladesh will end up eliminating illiteracy from its working-age population fairly soon. The next focus is education for a highly skilled workforce. Whether BAL mofo's can deliver on their bolshevik-like rhetoric is a separate matter. But at the least, Bangladesh sorted out the basics

3) Fix your urban-to-rural divide. Bangladesh prioritized bridging the urban-to-rural gap, at the expense of glamorizing some of its cities (or urban development in general). The rural-to-urban divide is one of the key barriers to growth, for developing countries

4) Have NGO's like BRAC, and be a lot more creative/innovative about sorting out your human development problem

5) Population control. The most backward village in Bangladesh has a lower fertility rate than metropolitan Islamabad

6) And get rid of the feudalistic system you have in place within your rural regions. Even East Pakistan got rid of feudalism before Bangladesh even existed. The feudal lords of your country literally benefit from the status quo, at the expense of everyone else
Pakistan was always surrounded by wars,so stability and peaceful environment was not available for economic growth.But if Taliban succeeded in settling themselves in Afghanistan,we can have peace in our region.India is not going to fight a war with us simply because they can't.

Second thing,our education sector just needs some budget.There is nothing bad with our institutions. We have a number of good universities who can deliver if provided funds for research projects.

University Students Develop Pakistan’s Second Formula Electric Sports Car: propakistani.com

Pakistani students develop AI tool for faster coronavirus diagnosis: express tribune

Pakistani students invent product that can test bowling action: express tribune

Inspired by a Fast and the Furious movie scene, the young Pakistani engineer developed the system to control any car by remote as part of his Final-Year Project (FYP):Propakistani.com

Pakistani scientists bring new hope to dementia patients through virtual reality: Arab News

These are just few examples.Pakistan is quite good in education sector.it just needs some funding for projects.

You guys got so much peace time ( at least 40 years) that's why your economy is better than ours.
I know we should not make lame excuses for not developing economically,but nowadays we are taking good steps to wide our export variety.

Also Just pray that our GIDS find some customer for its Shahpar 2 :D

Are you sure I am an atheist? Is it because I talk fairness or I don't ridicule Hindus because of their religion? "La kum Diinukum wa liya diin". Why should it hurt me if someone is Hindu? He was born in a Hindu family and it is his personal matter.

By the way, even the Hindus are not atheists. They believe in God/ Bhagawan. So, please give the definition of atheism.

If you hate someone, you give him a reason to hate you. Am I wrong?
Are you retarded? Did you read what he said about muslim?

Dumb Old Man, stay away from the internet.

Last edited:
Are you retarded? Did you read what he said about muslim?

Dumb Old Man, stay away from the internet.
Yes, I am a full-time retard and an uneducated old man, So, why should it hurt YOU? Why do you have to misbehave all the time? Do you get anything out of this misbehavior of yours, idiotic fool!!

Learn manners and come back to the forum. A discussion forum is good for polite people.

I meant the ideology they follows. This impact their education grades too. They assume themselves superior than others. The whole day, they blabber "Muslims this, muslims that" like a parrot like others don't even exists or bunch of fools.
Muslims need to divert their minds towards read education.
Lmao thats you who thinks we think we are superior. Moron

Yes, I am a full-time retard and an uneducated old man, So, why should it hurt YOU? Why do you have to misbehave all the time? Do you get anything out of this misbehavior of yours, idiotic fool!!

Learn manners and come back to the forum. A discussion forum is good for polite people.
Lmao tell that to yourself.

Why i misbehave all the time? lol why dont you go and read all your comments in PDF, full of attacks even when they didnt say anything wrong.

Lmao tell that to yourself.

Why i misbehave all the time? lol why dont you go and read all your comments in PDF, full of attacks even when they didnt say anything wrong.
What the Hell you stupid is talking about me making personal attacks on others? Bloody low-breed creature, learn to behave properly and respect other people's religion. You have very heinously attacked a person because he does not share the same religion with you.

Could it be that he is happy with his own religion so that he will not have to live in the same Heaven where a heathen worm like you will be residing with other Talibanic/ Satanic people?

Idiot Taliban, respect other people and do not attack others only because he is not another Taliban like you are.

I’m Curious what Bangladesh’s diversification strategy is, beyond textiles, and into which industries?

Isn’t Bangladesh making great strides in increasing its exports of Pharmaceuticals?

What the Hell you stupid is talking about me making personal attacks on others? Bloody low-breed creature, learn to behave properly and respect other people's religion. You have very heinously attacked a person because he does not share the same religion with you.

Could it be that he is happy with his own religion so that he will not have to live in the same Heaven where a heathen worm like you will be residing with other Talibanic/ Satanic people?

Idiot Taliban, respect other people and do not attack others only because he is not another Taliban like you are.
What a dumb and retarded old man.

You tell me not to make personal attack, yet you do the same LOL. respect people's religion my ***, did you even read his comment.

Theres no point in talking to retard like you. No wonder rest of the Bangladeshi members in PDF hates you.

I’m Curious what Bangladesh’s diversification strategy is, beyond textiles, and into which industries?

Isn’t Bangladesh making great strides in increasing its exports of Pharmaceuticals?

Yes Brother. Pharma export is improving but local demand is leap-frogging from year to year, substituting imports, which is one reason exports are so low (local demand for Pharma is largely met by local production i.e. import substitution). Currently pharma exports are a lot lower than Pakistan (by now I think nearing 200 Million in 2020) but I believe Pakistan's Pharma exports are somewhere around 260 Million plus. In any case, ours pales in comparison to India, which is exporting somewhere around $15 Billion's worth.

Insha-Allah exports will improve in other areas too, e.g. in kitchen electrics, home appliances, durable white goods (TV's, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Aircons, Microwaves) etc. Plus there are other usual exports like Ceramics/Porcelain ware, Leather goods, shoes, ICT services, Shipbuilding, premium bicycles, motorcycles etc.

If you are interested, I can supply details on each sector. However these are all detailed already in the sticky thread for industry and infra. Where I have listed some exported tech items recently.

Last edited:
Yes Brother. Pharma export is improving but local demand is leap-frogging from year to year, substituting imports, which is one reason exports are so low (local demand for Pharma is largely met by local production i.e. import substitution). Currently pharma exports are a lot lower than Pakistan (by now I think nearing 200 Million in 2020) but I believe Pakistan's Pharma exports are somewhere around 260 Million plus. In any case, ours pales in comparison to India, which is exporting somewhere around $15 Billion's worth.

Insha-Allah exports will improve in other areas too, e.g. in kitchen electrics, home appliances, durable white goods (TV's, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Aircons, Microwaves) etc. Plus there are other usual exports like Ceramics/Porcelain ware, Leather goods, shoes, ICT services, Shipbuilding, premium bicycles, motorcycles etc.

If you are interested, I can supply details on each sector. However these are all detailed already in the sticky thread for industry and infra. Where I have listed some exported tech items recently.
I’ll look into that thread, thanks

Pakistan power is in the mountains. Explore them. We have lot of potential and diversified weather along with beautiful sites to improve tourism. Pakistan got more potential than anyone in the region.

But we are corrupt nation. PTI and PML-N are same. One brother in one party second in other.

Back
Top Bottom