What's new

Bangladesh Third Most Religious Nation on Earth

Like all things in India, there are tinges of hypocrisy in the Indian rating.

Young people in India say they really don't care about religion, but they keenly support persecution of minorities (especially Muslims) in large numbers. Some actively partake in it.

Others will actively vote for a man who openly espouses ethno-religious fascism and have kept him in power for years. This is puzzling fascist behavior unbecoming of educated people. It follows then, that their education is largely devoid of ethics and moral principles.

These are the same people who live in places like the Bay area as expats and have no qualms about basking in the financial benefits of living in a non-religious multi-ethnic multicultural society. They see no moral dichotomy between these two existences.

So - no globally accepted rule works for India. Some EU people will name most Indians hypocrites. Can one blame them?

OTOH the much-reviled conservative Islamic regimes (some in the Gulf) will freely accept and employ poor and even Rich Hindus in their midst. They (even being conservative) seem to have possessed an open mind about non-Muslims within their midst until recently. That is slowly changing because of the excesses of Hindutva, thanks to Modi's support of extremists within his party ranks.
Right wing politics is indeed increasing in India on that point I agree but don't you see the same trend most of the places worldwide?
Modi is a love and hate figure in India right now most say we don't have an good alternative which is true to be honest. Middle class and government officials blame modi for privatizing services while some praise him for it as it would increase the efficiency of the service.
I have no sympathy for for Hindus neither Muslim who disturb the peace of the nation.
And keep in mind we are a nation of 1 billion plus people not everyone shares the same mindset.

This is a fundamentally flawed poll - atheist and religious are not mutually exclusive

It means Hindu religion is dying religion

Why dont you show the link and website who produce this table ?

For this religious-social survey, I believe more on Pew Research and indeed Indonesians are considered as among the top religious society as well based on their survey
Hinduism isn't really a relgion though

More of a philosophy

This is a fundamentally flawed poll - atheist and religious are not mutually exclusive
Isn't there a proper term for that?
agnostic? someone who doesn't really believe in a higher power but goes with flow of it and still prays?

Right wing politics is indeed increasing in India on that point I agree but don't you see the same trend most of the places worldwide?
Modi is a love and hate figure in India right now most say we don't have an good alternative which is true to be honest. Middle class and government officials blame modi for privatizing services while some praise him for it as it would increase the efficiency of the service.
I have no sympathy for for Hindus neither Muslim who disturb the peace of the nation.
And keep in mind we are a nation of 1 billion plus people not everyone shares the same mindset.

Points well taken. But what do you say about Bangladesh (which despite Modi Propaganda) is a model of religious harmony.

Maybe harmony is not as good as Malaysia/Indonesia but it certainly is way better than India.

Hindus have quotas for govt. jobs and most Hindu festivals are given special security status from the govt. so untoward things do not happen.

All major Hindu Pujas and Parvanas are National Holidays. Sometimes Muslims will attend the Puja Pandals to meet their Hindu friends.

Last edited:
Points well taken. But what do you say about Bangladesh (which despite Modi Propaganda) is a model of religious harmony.

Maybe harmony is not as good as Malaysia/Indonesia but it certainly is way better than India.

Hindus have quotas for govt. jobs and most Hindu festivals are given special security status from the govt. so untoward things do not happen.

Claiming to be very Islamic society but not tolerant to other religion means they dont understand Islam very well.

Islam and Tolerance is something that cannot be separated.

1656314657750.png

1656314682116.png

--------------------------------------

(16) And that those who will obey us among the Jews, will have help and equality. Neither shall they be oppressed nor will any help be given against them

Isn't there a proper term for that?
agnostic? someone who doesn't really believe in a higher power but goes with flow of it and still prays?
Close. Agnostic can cover two or three variations viz.
- people who believe there is no God or super being
- people who believe it is not possible for us to know whether there is or not
- people who believe in all versions of it

@Sainthood 101 all three above cases, it is possible for a person, and I know such people, who follow the moralistic and behavioral aspects of some religion for such behavior itself to be the end rather than them being a means to reach or realize a God.

Think of it as solving an algebra problem. We introduce an unknown variable X, go through the calculations and at the end the X disappears giving way to a contextual answer such as 18kg or 24 feet or 3 days etc. We can arrive at these answers without an X but it becomes much easier with an assumed variable X.

...... now to top all that of, we can ask ourselves the next question : so in the above , did X exist or not ? That'd lead us to some deep advaita territory so I'll have mercy on you and stop !

So 70 % Hindus in India are religious as per the chart.
My calculation,
15 % are muslims, who are all highly orthodox and religious.
2 % are sikhs who are also religious.
2 % are Christians, but its a progressive community and maybe half are religious . So 1 % are religious.
Rest 2% are Buddhists and jains, who are also moderate, so 1 % religious.
Total- 15, 2, 1,1 = 19 % are religious

19 out of 75 % are other religous communities.
So 56 % of 80 % is 70 %.

Fake survey Pakistan is not more religious than Afghanistan
may be its about people and not govt.

and for Pakistan 1% Atheist are those who are openly claiming it which is 2 % for India.

and people not following the religion are the once who consider their religion as outdated which is mostly for Hindus.

There is no wonder in this findings. In the last 30 years, Madrasa education in Bangladesh proliferated much more quickly than General educational facilities. Bangladesh now has the largest number of Madrasa students in the World surpassing Pakistan. In Bangladesh, maulana-moulovis are the biggest celebrity gauzed by their following in the social medias and amount of crowd they attract on Islamic waz mahfils. Believe it or not, Hijab-Burka is actually more commonly worn by Bangladeshi women than Pakistani women. Ninety percent Muslim women in Bangladesh wear Hijab-Burqa. Some religious parents in Bangladesh imposed on Burqa with face covering(Niqab) even their 3-4 years old girl child which you will not find in any other Muslim country. Bangladesh is currently experiencing nothing sort of revolution in Islamic piety on social level. This level of Islamic fervour is coincided with increasing corruption and other malpraxis. People are becoming Islamic on attires and rituals but they are not necessarily becoming a better human being with social responsibilities and sensitivity of other's need.
How may waz-mahfil one Mullah join in a month do you know? If 7-10 ( maybe they join more waz mahfil and makes 1 lakh or more from per was mahfil!) their income is more than 7-10 lakh taka in a month! Or even more! What's the monthly income of cricketers in Bangladesh?

So yes even in economy sense Mullahs are biggest celebrity too!

However they give a statement about Padma Bridge ! They said that the dawah of Deen will be easier because of the Padma Bridge!

But it's a puzzle to me ! They join in waz mahfil using helicopter! So how Padma Bridge will help them spreading Deen, I'm unable to understand!

Can you or anyone solve this puzzle?

Ps - It's the easiest way to make huge amount of money!

No job, no business,no hard work , just recite some fake Hadith and fiqh , do some fatwabaazi, sell the ticket of jannah , and you are rich!

You can openly take many beautiful young wives or can secretly take beautiful mistress/lover , and no one will even doubt unless you get caught like Allama Mamunul haq!

What an easy and enjoyble life!

I think we should regret that we didn't study in Madrasa and didn't become a Mullah! :undecided:

Last edited:
What's the source of this table ?
Mullahs have celebrity image among common folks! Both illiterate and pseudo literate people nowadays became literally worshippers of Mullahs!

If you visit YouTube and Facebook and go to their pages , even constructive debate against them , you will see the huge public comments in their favor!

However I blame Indian sanghi govt (alongside wahabism) for this problem! As before sanghis come to power and started to mess , people wasn't so fond of Mullahs!

The disturbing nature of BAL govt ( prostration to saghi India ) also made people more bigot!

They are simply try finding shelter under political Islam!

So yes wahabism , sanghi infested India and backboneless behavior of govt towards sanghi infested India are main responsibile of it!

Last edited:
It means Hindu religion is dying religion
Being religious is not a mandate in Indian Philosophy. You can be an atheist or a theist, believe in a creator god or refuse it, and still call yourself a Hindu.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_atheism

There is no verse to be recited or a certificate required. No book to be followed if you don’t want to (or follow a book if you so desire). You are free to ask questions if you think something doesn’t make sense. Similarly, you are free to believe in something totally if you are convinced it is making sense completely.

Please see my comments in post number 14.

Thank you Bilal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom