What's new

Bangladesh Third Most Religious Nation on Earth

So 70 % Hindus in India are religious as per the chart.
My calculation,
15 % are muslims, who are all highly orthodox and religious.
2 % are sikhs who are also religious.
2 % are Christians, but its a progressive community and maybe half are religious . So 1 % are religious.
Rest 2% are Buddhists and jains, who are also moderate, so 1 % religious.
Total- 15, 2, 1,1 = 19 % are religious

19 out of 75 % are other religous communities.
So 56 % of 80 % is 70 %.
cUw9BcZA_400x400.jpg

Claiming to be very Islamic society but not tolerant to other religion means they dont understand Islam very well.

Islam and Tolerance is something that cannot be separated.

View attachment 857142
View attachment 857143

--------------------------------------

(16) And that those who will obey us among the Jews, will have help and equality. Neither shall they be oppressed nor will any help be given against them

Constitution of Medina was true secularism that's why Bangladesh govt won't adopt it !

So yes if we become secular in literal sense , still you can counter sanghi effect!

But I don't think BAL govt ( patron of Hefazat e Islam ) have interest of doing so!

We need few true secular political party , who will not do chetona business and won't bow to indian will like both BAL and BNP do !

Then only can religious business be stopped. It will take few decades though! As Mullahs are effective tools to keep India at bay !

Although our pseudo seculars don't understand it , but this is the reality!

Mullahs are the necessary evils when you are bowing down to India openly!

So from behind use Mullahs to arrange massive public protest on street! No one from common folks will even doubt you!

You see latest case of Nupur Sharma? Govt remain silent by giving statement that it's India's internal matter?

On the other hand Mullahs launcher massive protest on street and most of people on the street was common Bangladeshi who aren't even students of Madrasa!

This is how politics work brother!

Points well taken. But what do you say about Bangladesh (which despite Modi Propaganda) is a model of religious harmony.

Maybe harmony is not as good as Malaysia/Indonesia but it certainly is way better than India.

Hindus have quotas for govt. jobs and most Hindu festivals are given special security status from the govt. so untoward things do not happen.

All major Hindu Pujas and Parvanas are National Holidays. Sometimes Muslims will attend the Puja Pandals to meet their Hindu friends.
I've personally read mixed things about Bangladesh as only the negative points pop up in news as might be the case for you in respect to India. But I've read about the rising economic growth of BD though.
Good to hear about the communal harmony though, In India too we have national holidays for Muslim festivals.

Hinduism isn't really a relgion though

More of a philosophy
It's even not Hinduism! I would say sanatan religious philosophy and that's a great philosophy no doubt!

But as a modern and effective religion it's obsolete !

Perhaps that's the reason Modi is trying to create a new horrible satanic religion named Hindutva!

Last edited:
Close. Agnostic can cover two or three variations viz.
- people who believe there is no God or super being
- people who believe it is not possible for us to know whether there is or not
- people who believe in all versions of it

@Sainthood 101 all three above cases, it is possible for a person, and I know such people, who follow the moralistic and behavioral aspects of some religion for such behavior itself to be the end rather than them being a means to reach or realize a God.

Think of it as solving an algebra problem. We introduce an unknown variable X, go through the calculations and at the end the X disappears giving way to a contextual answer such as 18kg or 24 feet or 3 days etc. We can arrive at these answers without an X but it becomes much easier with an assumed variable X.

...... now to top all that of, we can ask ourselves the next question : so in the above , did X exist or not ? That'd lead us to some deep advaita territory so I'll have mercy on you and stop !
Perfectly summed up

It's even not Hinduism! I would say santan religious philosophy and that's a great philosophy no doubt!

But as a modern and effective religion it's obsolete ! Perhaps that's the reason Modi is trying to create a new horrible satanic religion named Hindutva!
Hindutava is more for Hindu as an identity, political force even culture than actual Hinduism as a relgion or way of life for government to follow as a guide line in terms of what kinda society they aspire to be

Ram rajya is the only time I heard hindutavas offering Hinduism as a way of life and a guideline in terms of governing a state

Not really to be honest it actually depends on the individual.
The religious divide has always been there even now. India is a very multi ethnical country even among a group there are further divisions.
But education and increasing literacy has improved the situation considerably imo but still a long way to go.
Just gotta get rid of right wing politics and those opportunistic politicians(on both sides) who are the cause of the recent disturbances.
I think the upcoming generation should improve the scenario.
A country of 1 billion people with multiple ethnicities so I think someone will always have some issue with the other.

However, I have seen even the highly educated Indians are also right wing nowadays or right leaning, sympathizing with the BJP extremists. I believe being educated doesn't have much to do with being secular. The Germans were a highly educated and civilized nation but we all know what they did. It only takes one retard with great oratory skills and personality (whatever it may be) to change a large population to follow him.

Last edited:
It means Hindu religion is dying religion
Au contraire. You may be surprised to know but Hinduism allows one to be an atheist and yet be a hindu. I personally have absolutely no belief in any supernatural including god but I am still a Hindu in the sense, socially I am a Hindu and I was born in a Hindu family.

Put it simply, there has never been any hard and fast requirement to be Hindu other than being born in Hindu family. Most even after being agnostic and non-religious never choose to active distance themself from Hinduism. Few have done tht because of prosecution based on Caste -- like Ambedkar did, Other have varying degree of faith in various aspects of Hinduism.

Heck thats the reason Hindus in India often also offer prayers at Gurudwara or Mazars. It does not contradict anything in their religion. If islam and christianity do not ask for exclusive belonging to their faith Hinduism also allows people to have "dual faiths" too. Many Hindus follow teachings of Buddhism too and many in process shun regid caste system.

Hinduism is more hereditary than have any particular belief.

However, I have seen even the highly educated Indians are also right wing nowadays or right leaning, sympathizing with the BJP extremists. I believe being educated doesn't have much to do with being secular. The Germans were a highly educated and civilized nation but we all know what they did. It only takes one retard with great oratory skills and personality (whatever it may be) to change a large population to follow him.
There is a simple reason behind it: we are dealing with extremists and fundamentalists as minorities. You cann't be wood and expect to cut iron.

Last edited:
Also one of the most corrupt nation in the universe.

So it's probably a guilty conscious.

Also one of the most corrupt nation in the universe.

So it's probably a guilty conscious.
No problem if we are corrupted! Take bribe , loot money as much as we can. To purify our corrupt soul , we have Mullahs in our country!

Take bribe and with this money make masjid , do hajj, give zakat, donate in masjid and Madrasa !

Sponsor these Mullahs through waz mahfil , in short fill their pockets, they will sell ticket of jannat!

Ihokal porokal dui kaj e Holo! :omghaha:

( At least our corrupt people think like this)

Nowadays it's more like medieval era catholic church ! Sunni Islam seriously needs reformation! It became too much theocratic!

Islam doesn't support clergy system , but now Mullahs became more like catholic clergy, who are supposed to forgive sin on behalf of God himself!

@Arthur

Last edited:
Young people in India say they really don't care about religion, but they keenly support persecution of minorities
Not always. But a violent religious person will be countered with violence.
I'm almost positive we will legislate against religious violence, forced religious conservatism in the near future.

Currently, our decision makers and bureaucrats are from simpler backgrounds, and tolerate way too much of backward village level thinking.
Going into the future, you will see more European style laws based on rationality.

Feeling religious and performing religious obligations are separate things in bangladeshi peoples mind. Ask them if they perform 5 prayers a day, i doubt the number will exceed even 20% (maybe more or less)

Feeling religious and performing religious obligations are separate things in bangladeshi peoples mind. Ask them if they perform 5 prayers a day, i doubt the number will exceed even 20% (maybe more or less)
Well most of our people complete 30 roja in Ramadan month!

Back
Top Bottom