What's new

Bangladesh: Defence budget to rise by 20.34%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arms imports are not part of official defence budget and so we are looking at around 3.5 billion US dollar budget
in total.

BD is NOT a pacifist state by nature but by circumstance. With the much better economy now, expect to see large
numbers of modern ships , SAMS, tanks and aircraft to come online over the next decade.

Typically defense procurement are not part of defense budget of every country.

never give reference of Globalfirepower rankings, has serious creditable issue lol

as far as i remember myanmar had a high defense budget compared to bangladesh. myanmar sustained 4% defense budget to gdp ratio.

about globalfirepower you are right lol

as far as i remember myanmar had a high defense budget compared to bangladesh. myanmar sustained 4% defense budget to gdp ratio.
That was in the past.Last year myanmar budget was 2.4 billion and Bangladesh's 2.36 billion.This year BD will surely overtake Myanmar as Myanmar's defence budget is practically flat for the last five years as they are correcting previous overspending.I think gap between Bangladesh and Myanmar will only increases with times unless they go to the North Korea way.:P

myanmar sustained 4% defense budget to gdp ratio.
Even 4 percent gdp of Myanmar is not enough to compete with BD in defence spending.

Please buy more weapon systems from China !!!

:welcome::welcome::cheers::cheers::cheers::smitten::smitten:
China will always remain the largest weapon supplier to Bangladesh due to strategic reason.:victory:

I found a fun specialty mime where Bangladesh' specialty for leading the world was 'Peacekeeping' and Myanmar's specialty was 'Speaking Burmese'....:D

Bangladesh' peacekeeping role itself should warrant a bigger budget in the future.

3ecEsRx.jpg

so total around $2.84 billion USD. so if Myanmar wants same level of defence budget then she will have increase spendings from 3.7% to 3.84% (of $74.012billion USD GDP).
@Aung Zaya @alaungphaya can you guys do it ? :whistle:

salaries+operation cost+R&D

I did not notice

Congratz...!! BD :D
Our defence budget will remain stable in this 2.5B margin..After our Defence Industry has some agreement with Russia for naval and AD and China for some serious programs..we have strong Defence Industries which can produce around 70% of arms what we used.. So no plan to increase so far.. we will focus on infrastructure development and economy of the country.. We aim to attract just 9B USD FDI for this year...that 9 B USD FDI target was already hit last year though.. and Doubling (may be even triple) our export within 5 years as soon as our SEZs are completed in 2017..

But Dont worry..!! Army wholly owned UMEHL and MEC can add 3 digits millions dollars on defence budget during in serious time... no need to wait approval.. :D

Last edited:
That was in the past.Last year myanmar budget was 2.4 billion and Bangladesh's 2.36 billion.This year BD will surely overtake Myanmar as Myanmar's defence budget is practically flat for the last five years as they are correcting previous overspending.I think gap between Bangladesh and Myanmar will only increases with times unless they go to the North Korea way.

Even 4 percent gdp of Myanmar is not enough to compete with BD in defence spending.

listen dude

As far as I know still myanmar spends more than bangladesh on its military. Their defense equipment is more than bangladesh however bangladesh maintains a big reserve personnel. You're right we all know bangladesh will overtake defense spending of not only myanmar but many countries in the coming years.

Even if bangladesh increases its defense spending, still modernizing and increasing your defense equipment needs time.

Please buy more weapon systems from China !!!

:welcome::welcome::cheers::cheers::cheers::smitten::smitten:

you will always remain the first choice :cheers:

Typically defense procurement are not part of defense budget of every country.
this is actually true, usually salaries+operation cost+R&D expense is around 60% of total Defence expense.
Which means the total expenditure might be around $4.5 billion (which is 2% of GDP) :D
Congratz...!! BD :D
Our defence budget will remain stable in this 2.5B margin..After our Defence Industry has some agreement with Russia for naval and AD and China for some serious programs..we have strong Defence Industries which can produce around 70% of arms what we used.. So no plan to increase so far.. we will focus on infrastructure development and economy of the country.. We aim to attract just 9B USD FDI for this year...that 9 B USD FDI target was already hit last year though.. and Doubling (may be even triple) our export within 5 years as soon as our SEZs are completed in 2017..

But Dont worry..!! Army wholly owned UMEHL and MEC can add 3 digits millions dollars on defence budget during in serious time... no need to wait approval.. :D UMEHL's 2010 revenue is over 500 millions USD.. and that of MEC is close to 800m USD..

this is actually true, usually salaries+operation cost+R&D expense is around 60% of total Defence expense.
Which means the total expenditure might be around $4.5 billion (which is 2% of GDP) :D

maybe,

bangladesh was going to add submarines this year i guess. who paid for it Government or military?

Not sure about that. BD usually buys stuffs on credit. You will see that in our defense budget there are options for loan repayment in 100s of crore. Thats all for procurement

Not sure about that. BD usually buys stuffs on credit. You will see that in our defense budget there are options for loan repayment in 100s of crore. Thats all for procurement
lf you check we are planning to build 2 Durjoy class at home, alone with new Frigate purchase plan. you can't buy with this money lol one Durjoy class unit costs $51million USD means more than Tk400crore cost for one Durjoy class
maybe,

bangladesh was going to add submarines this year i guess. who paid for it Government or military?
Government
These are on long term credit. You pay them in installment.
check my edited post

lf you check we are planning to build 2 Durjoy class at home, alone with new Frigate purchase plan. you can't buy with this money lol one Durjoy class unit costs $51million USD

Government

These are on long term credit. You pay them in installment.

4.5B..? that's good.. :D honestly even our defence budgets never ever beyond 4B limits.. so it's seem high for us..here why BD didn't buy some TOT for ur basic platform...? like small arms or something like this.. Can i know some BD made fire arms..?

Last edited:
4.5B..? that's good.. honestly even our defence budgets never ever beyond 4B limits.. so it's seem high for us..here why BD didn't buy some TOT for ur basic platform...? like small arms or something like this.. Can i know some BD made fire arms..?

More realistic figure is US 3.5 billion dollar a year.

We are buying TOT for basic platforms like Type-056 corvettes. After the first 4 are built in China, the last 4 will be built in BD shipyard.

More realistic figure is US 3.5 billion dollar a year.

We are buying TOT for basic platforms like Type-056 corvettes. After the first 4 are built in China, the last 4 will be built in BD shipyard.

Ohh.. I see.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom