What's new

Bangladesh Army

We got our 2nd C-295W about this time last year and welcomed it with a water cannon salute - looks like Tejgaon old airport...
1691314561655.png

Last edited:
We got our 2nd C-295W about this time last year and welcomed it with a water cannon salute
View attachment 944003
Thank you for the news and the pic. We need more such transport planes for troops movement during war time. Otherwise, the army would have to rely upon the air force for troops movement during war time.

Back in 2015, I came to know that the army was considering to establish a factory to manufacture APC. But since then not much progress has been made in that direction. Has India killed the project?

Back in 2015, I came to know that the army was considering to establish a factory to manufacture APC. But since then not much progress has been made in that direction. Has India killed the project?

Bangladesh army Engineers did convert some old tanks into APCs. I had read about it somewhere it long time ago. But I don't think it was done at a mass scale. We primarily use BTR 80, Otokar Kobra and Maxxpro amongst others.

1000012533.jpg

"The Turkish built MAM-L has been officially adopted by the Bangladesh Army, reports BMR exclusively.

The MAM-L smart micro munitions will allow the Army to hit targets from 15 km including insurgent camps, enemy fortifications and high value tactical targets using Bayraktar TB-2 armed UAVs."

Source: BMR, aka The Bangladesh Defence Analyst (Facebook page) formerly the BD Military Website. These guys keep on changing their names every couple of years!

Bangladesh army Engineers did convert some old tanks into APCs. I had read about it somewhere it long time ago. But I don't think it was done at a mass scale. We primarily use BTR 80, Otokar Kobra and Maxxpro amongst others.
I think Bangladesh army will start negotiation with Turkey/ Russia for technology transfer because we need large number of APCs as the army is in the process of raising mechanised brigades for its infantry divisions. BTR-82A is much better than BTR-80. Bangladesh can also choose DefTech which is a joint venture between Turkey and Malaysia.

Maxxpro is more modern and much more suited to urban warfare than APC's, armor is a bit light but in that scenario you are mainly dealing with small caliber rounds (up to and including HMG) and have to protect against those.

If you get hit with RPG rounds (or similar smart micro munition rounds, unlikely), then APC or Maxxpro both vehicles are toast.

But I'm no armor expert - please correct me if I am wrong.

According to a report by the Department of Armed Forces, 11 types of combat equipment were added to the army between 2018-2023
1. vt5 light tank
2. APC from Turkey
3. GMLRS FROM Turkey
4. AGL from Singapore and South Africa
5. Turkish field artillery(new)
6. Serbian field artillery(new)
7. new c-295 from spain
8. Bayraktar TB2 attack drones from Turkey(new)
9. Chinese radar controlled air defense gun(new)
10. Radar controlled air defense gun from Switzerland
11. new Fm-90s

According to a report by the Department of Armed Forces, 11 types of combat equipment were added to the army between 2018-2023
1. vt5 light tank
2. APC from Turkey
3. GMLRS FROM Turkey
4. AGL from Singapore and South Africa
5. Turkish field artillery(new)
6. Serbian field artillery(new)
7. new c-295 from spain
8. Bayraktar TB2 attack drones from Turkey(new)
9. Chinese radar controlled air defense gun(new)
10. Radar controlled air defense gun from Switzerland
11. new Fm-90s
Your post has made my day. I am on cloud nine:yahoo:

Maxxpro is more modern and much more suited to urban warfare than APC's, armor is a bit light but in that scenario you are mainly dealing with small caliber rounds (up to and including HMG) and have to protect against those.

If you get hit with RPG rounds (or similar smart micro munition rounds, unlikely), then APC or Maxxpro both vehicles are toast.

But I'm no armor expert - please correct me if I am wrong.

Maxxpro and other MRAPs like it have a very specialized purpose. They were introduced to deal better with IEDs and Mines in Iraq, compared to the Humvees which were getting blown apart. The difference is in their very thick V shaped hull which deflected the blast from mines and IEDs.

Their intended use is to protect soldiers from threats below. It does provide protection against small arms fire but RPGs are different ball game. It's not invincible to RPGs. They have to use RPG nets like the picture below to counter the threat of RPG.

1000012576.png

Maxxpro and other MRAPs like it have a very specialized purpose. They were introduced to deal better with IEDs and Mines in Iraq, compared to the Humvees which were getting blown apart. The difference is in their very thick V shaped hull which deflected the blast from mines and IEDs.

Their intended use is to protect soldiers from threats below. It does provide protection against small arms fire but RPGs are different ball game. It's not invincible to RPGs. They have to use RPG nets like the picture below to counter the threat of RPG.

View attachment 956655

Thanks bhai - good to know. :-)

I have seen similar side screens to protect US tanks and APC's.

Back
Top Bottom