What's new

Bangladesh Army likely to buy Russian Tanks

We should keep an eye out for Chinese goods. After America, Europe(except Russia and warsaw block) and possibly Israel, China has the best electronics and optics I think. Russia was left behind during the electronic boom of the 90s. Sure they have the know-how but lack the infrastructure to build hardware.

DU theorically cant go through T90AM ERA. And M1s are known to be heavy, fuel guzzling and support prone beast. During operation desert storm all that M1 killed was old era relics T72s. Wish to see M1 vs T90 real battle!
Though M1 sensors are believed to be superior than T90s. And in real battle First Hit is very crucial. It can take out necessary sensors in one shot!
Check- Syrian T90 vs TOW
https://warisboring.com/what-a-t-90...-hit-by-a-tow-missile-3c1cbeddc65f#.ciymeo2wd
https://www.funker530.com/t-90-mbt-hammered-by-tow-missile-but-did-it-survive/
well yes technically it isnt a good choice... but when in a theoritical battle agaisnt a european tank... thats what i will be choosing...
t-72 of iraq weren't equipped with any kinds of add on armor... just the skeleton to say... cast steel..
although that, there has been reports of multiple ricochet from those tanks, at least the turret.
i don't think m1 will or can win against something formidable like a t-90 or even a t-72 with era and regular protection... because... mobility and numbers wise it is still lacking behind... if not with armor and firepower.. and we have all seen the results of ww2... its the numbers that talk for tanks.

I'd prefer the Army to get either Russian T-90 or Chinese Type-99.Both equal each other in strengths and weaknesses.But after 2020,I'd prefer MBT-3000/VT-4A or if possible,then T-14 Armata.

T-90
View attachment 370442
View attachment 370438

Type-99
View attachment 370443 View attachment 370444

Kira.
for anything after 2020 i wouldnt settle for anything like mbt-3000. because imo t-99 is has much more toys and functions to play with... it even cost more, but i expect that to go down.

they plan to up the game with relikt 1... what do you guys have in your hand to pen that? you guys need to buy new tanks mate

We are upgrading our T80UD's. Then there is AK2 too which would be much advanced and heavier tank.

We however do need more advanced ATGM like HJ12

DU theorically cant go through T90AM ERA. And M1s are known to be heavy, fuel guzzling and support prone beast. During operation desert storm all that M1 killed was old era relics T72s. Wish to see M1 vs T90 real battle!
Though M1 sensors are believed to be superior than T90s. And in real battle First Hit is very crucial. It can take out necessary sensors in one shot!
Check- Syrian T90 vs TOW
https://warisboring.com/what-a-t-90...-hit-by-a-tow-missile-3c1cbeddc65f#.ciymeo2wd
https://www.funker530.com/t-90-mbt-hammered-by-tow-missile-but-did-it-survive/
Why can't a DU or tungsten round penetrate an era ?

well yes technically it isnt a good choice... but when in a theoritical battle agaisnt a european tank... thats what i will be choosing...
t-72 of iraq weren't equipped with any kinds of add on armor... just the skeleton to say... cast steel..
although that, there has been reports of multiple ricochet from those tanks, at least the turret.
i don't think m1 will or can win against something formidable like a t-90 or even a t-72 with era and regular protection... because... mobility and numbers wise it is still lacking behind... if not with armor and firepower.. and we have all seen the results of ww2... its the numbers that talk for tanks.

for anything after 2020 i wouldnt settle for anything like mbt-3000. because imo t-99 is has much more toys and functions to play with... it even cost more, but i expect that to go down.

AK I itself is a beast.

Ukranians could not even deliver Oplot M on time. Their future is very uncertain given the recent oitlook. Their machine is a Top of the class though!
Because it wasn't in production.

Oplot M participated in trials for a new tank ..

Offered some ToT.. PA wants some modifications and will come back in 2017.

Same goes for AK-II .. Which is nearing completion..

Because it wasn't in production.

Oplot M participated in trials for a new tank ..

Offered some ToT.. PA wants some modifications and will come back in 2017.

Same goes for AK-II .. Which is nearing completion..
Great if Oplot M comes with TOT. What happened with MBT 3000 testing and why PK choose T99 over 3000?

Great if Oplot M comes with TOT. What happened with MBT 3000 testing and why PK choose T99 over 3000?

Mbt-3000 and Oplot m and other unknown tanks were tested at the same time.. Oplot m was to be trailer again in 2017 as the company promised PA to costumise it as to their liking etc... No tank has been selected so far or atleast none confirmed officially.

Meanwhile AK-II is on track and nearing completion which will be our top tier... Ukraine however is to upgrade our UDs to Oplot M status Aswell as supply their new 1500hp engine for AK-II

you guys can fire DU rounds with your tanks?
Yes both DU and Tungsten..

Naiza series

362_a394.jpg
20l1o5z.jpg

UDEnwEU.jpg
intv8n.jpg

tungsten is the least i care about but if you guys are making DU's then.... WOW! good job guys! :D
Naiza 2 gives a penetration of 660mm... but they arent marketed for some reason.. i guess POF/NDC learnt their lesson after they were banned from marketing their stuff at a british defence expo for marketin cluster munitions.

Back
Top Bottom