What's new

Bangladesh Army likely to buy Russian Tanks

I think Norinco makes great tank and fulfill most of the battle field requirement. I am not sure about the crew comfort which is in many times gives negative ratings. I am sure BD military will order more tanks from Norinco in the future as our entire tank armament are based on Chinese tanks.

T-90MS is the leading tank in the world with a lots of optional systems which can be incorporated. We dont have to bring dikk measuring contest in everything that comes at our way. T-90MS will be great addition to our inventory.

I'm not sure what is meant by the 'leading tank in the world' considering that the Russians use only a handful of T-90's (various variants) with India being the primary foreign customer. It is not the most produced modern 3rd gen MBT with the highest kill-to-death ratio - Which I believe goes the the M1 Abrams (correct me if I'm wrong though).

But what I can say is that any tank that is based on the T-72 and has an auto-loader will not have crew comfort as a strong point. Both the MBT-2000 and MBT-3000 are based on the T-72 and has that gargantuan auto-loader which takes up much of the interior space. I do have reservations about auto-loaders as opposed to manual ones. The medal for crew comfort should go to the Merkava.

I had seen lots of tries to demean Chinese tanks in this forum. Do you think it's possible that Bangladesh army will agree to buy a tank with cash they never fell satisfied in test and they don't think is capable enough? This kind of rumor only for 3 years old kid to believe.

The 44 units of MBT2000 bought from China for Bangladeshi army is paid cash, not loan.

Even Japanese type 96 armor vehicle lost one its wheel in a showcase. In tank contest held by Russia, T96B finished the race and shots with good scores even lost one of its road wheel. The test is held by Russia, and all the sets and barrier there is for their training concept! China got very good ranks in those competition, you can google it. Next time we will hold tank competition in China, we will show our Ability it's further then. Believe me, if Russian want to win a competition in its home, you must be second no matter how hard you try.The claim of China lost half of the tank battalion in a exercise due to mechanical failure is the most devil slander against Chinese weapon I be ever heard of. :hitwall:
If our tank is so inferior, then we are sitting ducks in front of Indian army. Leave the rumor along, and We have to move on.
Thailand royal army had sighed a contract for buying 50 MBT3000 from Norinco China( beat the Russian T90MS offer), we will see the result in Pakistan soon. Buy me a beer if we win the contract of Pakistan.

VT4 performance clips and other armor vehicle of Norincohttp://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzc1NTQ3NDg4.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2&spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0

VT4 can turn 360 degree fixedly, can T90MS? Just an old chassis of T72 technology.

Latest Video of T99A2 MBT in excercise http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzY2N...5~1~3!4~5~5~A&from=y7.2-1-91.3.4-1.14-1-1-3-0
the rumor or not really started after they cancelled plans to buy around 400 t-80 oplots and go for these instead... maybe they got a good deal? no one knows for sure... one thing for sure is that it's all blame on regime change

I'm not sure what is meant by the 'leading tank in the world' considering that the Russians use only a handful of T-90's (various variants) with India being the primary foreign customer. It is not the most produced modern 3rd gen MBT with the highest kill-to-death ratio - Which I believe goes the the M1 Abrams (correct me if I'm wrong though).

But what I can say is that any tank that is based on the T-72 and has an auto-loader will not have crew comfort as a strong point. Both the MBT-2000 and MBT-3000 are based on the T-72 and has that gargantuan auto-loader which takes up much of the interior space. I do have reservations about auto-loaders as opposed to manual ones. The medal for crew comfort should go to the Merkava.
Actually the best is T99A2, hah hah! Here below is the inner pictures of MBT3000

The lead tanks can be like T-90MS but we should still have ToT to manufacture lighter tanks to field a large number of them. Don't know how long we can keep the modernized T-59's before they are obsolete....................
they're obsolete. just a death coffin in any future conflict we may have.....

speaking of crew comfort... check out our t-54 based t-59s... a dude over 5ft 4 will be having the most dreadful hours of his life...

hightest kill to death ratio might be M1 like you said... but i think challenger 2 can be added to that list too...
also heard about the superiority of british armor and how feared it is... by some sources even better than M1...!? i am not sure. could you confirm?

To be honest, MBT3000 is mainly designed for Middle East customer. Iraq army had ordered hundred. Maybe future Kwait and even Saudi Arab.

they're obsolete. just a death coffin in any future conflict we may have.....
Type 59D

Actually the best is T99A2, hah hah! Here below is the inner pictures of MBT3000

Mmm...I've seen those before.

speaking of crew comfort... check out our t-54 based t-59s... a dude over 5ft 4 will be having the most dreadful hours of his life...

hightest kill to death ratio might be M1 like you said... but i think challenger 2 can be added to that list too...
also heard about the superiority of british armor and how feared it is... by some sources even better than M1...!? i am not sure. could you confirm?

The Soviets never put any emphasis on ease on the crew. They only focused on firepower in large numbers. They did have crew height requirements (pretty short guys). But, this definitely changed with the introduction of the Armata. And I agree, those Type-59's are ancient and have gone beyond their lives. Either scrap them or convert them to recovery vehicles (my opinion).

Challengers have been manufactured in very small numbers. So, they don't count in that metric really. They are only used by the Brits and the Omanis. But yes, they have a very impressive K/D ratio. Better than the M1. As for American armor kills, the Bradly IFV actually scored more kills than the M1 during the first Gulf War.

If you put all of the world's MBT's out there, I'd pick the Challey any day.

Mmm...I've seen those before.

The Soviets never put any emphasis on ease on the crew. They only focused on firepower in large numbers. They did have crew height requirements (pretty short guys). But, this definitely changed with the introduction of the Armata. And I agree, those Type-59's are ancient and have gone beyond their lives. Either scrap them or convert them to recovery vehicles (my opinion).

Challengers have been manufactured in very small numbers. So, they don't count in that metric really. They are only used by the Brits and the Omanis. But yes, they have a very impressive K/D ratio. Better than the M1. As for American armor kills, the Bradly IFV actually scored more kills than the M1 during the first Gulf War.

If you put all of the world's MBT's out there, I'd pick the Challey any day.
i would have to choose m1... because it gives me the guarantee of assured penetration with DU rounds... but other than than a challenger/leopard or a russian t-90 are all in my good books.

i would have to choose m1... because it gives me the guarantee of assured penetration with DU rounds... but other than than a challenger/leopard or a russian t-90 are all in my good books.

Ah...Abrams. Depends really. The Americans don't provide DU armor on their export variants. And they do not give out their best round. Nonetheless, it is still one very formidable foe. Not to mention one of the best target acquisition packages out there.

DU theorically cant go through T90AM ERA. And M1s are known to be heavy, fuel guzzling and support prone beast. During operation desert storm all that M1 killed was old era relics T72s. Wish to see M1 vs T90 real battle!
Though M1 sensors are believed to be superior than T90s. And in real battle First Hit is very crucial. It can take out necessary sensors in one shot!
Check- Syrian T90 vs TOW
https://warisboring.com/what-a-t-90...-hit-by-a-tow-missile-3c1cbeddc65f#.ciymeo2wd
https://www.funker530.com/t-90-mbt-hammered-by-tow-missile-but-did-it-survive/

Last edited:
I'd prefer the Army to get either Russian T-90 or Chinese Type-99.Both equal each other in strengths and weaknesses.But after 2020,I'd prefer MBT-3000/VT-4A or if possible,then T-14 Armata.

T-90
shtora725.jpg

8cfe5caa03655defe1a6cdd9bb5e43c5.jpg

Type-99
f_3867811_1.jpg
61249-ZTZ-99-Chinese_Army-military.jpg

Kira.

Back
Top Bottom