What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Muslim countries should explore the Turkish and Chinese options. Not sure of the Russian option though.
Muslim nations should exclusively purchase Muslim fighter jets. The JF-17 stands as the first Muslim fighter aircraft, confirmed to be 100% halal. Kaan will not qualify as a Muslim fighter jet because Turkey is, after all, a secular country; it is considered a non-Muslim or "kafir" jet.

Muslim nations should exclusively purchase Muslim fighter jets. The JF-17 stands as the first Muslim fighter aircraft, confirmed to be 100% halal. Kaan will not qualify as a Muslim fighter jet because Turkey is, after all, a secular country; it is considered a non-Muslim or "kafir" jet.
Turkey is a secular Muslim country. So, KAAN is a halal aircraft. JF-17 is also a Halal aircraft but not as good as KAAN.

395372135_711315844364233_5101546506654998201_n.jpg
395402330_711316101030874_1174563695156796361_n.jpg
395491304_711315691030915_1065908880752660808_n.jpg
395525042_711315834364234_359184280560554211_n.jpg

First view of Kronos Land 3D AESA mobile radar of Bangladesh Air Force
Range-250-300 km
#DTB

View attachment 966264View attachment 966265View attachment 966266View attachment 966267

First view of Kronos Land 3D AESA mobile radar of Bangladesh Air Force
Range-250-300 km
#DTB

Is this the Italian search Radar installed in Rangpur or Thakurgaon? The picture I saw in some other literature looked a lot bigger.

AESA is good and range is good too. But we need more of these radars across all four sides of our borders.

I believe the Civilian Air Traffic guys also installed another long range radar to track civilian traffic, which is separate.

S.Korea, is reconsidering Indonesia's involvement in the fighter plane project. As per may be recent news on Google. This is a very good opportunity that bdesh my possibly be able to get involved in and help with some funds.

And young aviation academia from the aviation university learn thing and gain skills and knowledge just by observing.

Also have access to technology e.t.c......

Having the ability to gain these A/C at more favourable terms and cost.

S.Korea, is reconsidering Indonesia's involvement in the fighter plane project. As per may be recent news on Google. This is a very good opportunity that bdesh my possibly be able to get involved in and help with some funds.

And young aviation academia from the aviation university learn thing and gain skills and knowledge just by observing.

Also have access to technology e.t.c......

Having the ability to gain these A/C at more favourable terms and cost.
BAF simply does not have enough budget to take part in the South Korean project. Our defense budget is so low and on top of that we lack skilled manpower that is needed to participate in this kind of aviation project.

BAF simply does not have enough budget to take part in the South Korean project. Our defense budget is so low and on top of that we lack skilled manpower that is needed to participate in this kind of aviation project.

The Indonesians side been chipping in around 40 Mill a year. Granted they missed a few payments.

This A/C is expected to cost S. korean A.force around 63 million per a unit.

For bdesh it may 80 mill a unit. That's a stark contrast to other platforms. Add in the turk A/C. For a bit of whipped frosting a few French desaults A/C. Can't forget J-10... this has to come into it.

I think this would be a good combo, and provide deterance from neighbours, when our economy is at the stage that garners to much attention in the near future, from neighbours?

Last edited:
The Indonesians side been chipping in around 40 Mill a year. Granted they missed a few payments.

This A/C is expected to cost S. korean A.force around 63 million per a unit.

For bdesh it may 80 mill a unit. That's a stark contrast to other platforms. Add in the turk A/C. For a bit of whipped frosting a few French desaults A/C. Can't forget J-10... this has to come into it.

I think this would be a good combo, and provide deterance from neighbours, when our economy is at the stage that garners to much attention in the near future, from neighbours?

So you telling bdesh can't spear 5- 10 million a year?

My friend, I thought BAF would need to invest at least a billion dollar to participate in the project.:unsure:

The spilt is 60-20-20 .

S.koreans taking the largest share, Indonesians taking 20 % share and private equity firms taking the latter

The spilt is 60-20-20 .

S.koreans taking the largest share, Indonesians taking 20 % share and private equity firms taking the latter
Total development cost is around 7 billion USD.

Indonesia cost share is 1.3 billion USD.

Indian AMCA development cost estimation is 2 billion USD (according to Indian).

R80 program ( Indonesian 90 seats turboprop plane program) development cost is also around 1.3 billion USD ( total development cost estimation).

Total development cost is around 7 billion USD.

Indonesia cost share is 1.3 billion USD.

Indian AMCA development cost estimation is 2 billion USD (according to Indian).

R80 program ( Indonesian 90 seats turboprop plane program) development cost is also around 1.3 billion USD ( total development cost estimation).

Wait Indians are involved In this, the Indian gov, or private Indian equity firm?

Even if bdesh did not have the expertise to participate in the R&D process, just mere observers. However given the facilty to produce the frame and panels and various other parts whilst the getting the rest from Indonesians- Korean partie. Would have been a boost in internal capacity.

Not to forget gaining access to some of its technologies.

There was talk about UAE picking up some of Indonesians financial obligations For the project?

Wait Indians are involved In this, the Indian gov, or private Indian equity firm?

Even if bdesh did not have the expertise to participate in the R&D process, just mere observers. However given the facilty to produce the frame and panels and various other parts whilst the getting the rest from Indonesians- Korean partie. Would have been a boost in internal capacity.

Not to forget gaining access to some of its technologies.

There was talk about UAE picking up some of Indonesians financial obligations. For the project

Duh, read again my statement.

I try to compare development cost of Korean-Indonesian KF21 program vs Indian AMCA program vs Indonesian R80 program.

I dont think Indonesia will allow UAE to pick our share. Our stance is clear is that we will continue the program as there is already President decision since early 2021 that precede the completion of renegotiation in November 2021

The debate whether Indonesia should leave or stay (after we have some technology restriction during EMD phase by both USA and Korea) had already been completed in 2018. During that time the decision is to continue and start to renegotiate.

Renegotiation is completed in November 2021. We started paying again since 2022 November. This year we double the amount (the payment is in February). For 2024, the payment will be doubled again. I have posted Indonesian media and Indonesian sources in IFX thread.

Korean media who has good knowledge on the program is Yonhap. This is why regarding to KF21 program, my foreign sources are only Yonhap and Jane Defense. Many foreign media, even South Korean media has mislead the fact maybe due to the reporter dont have good knowledge on the program.

Here is Indonesian payment + some information

Development program is started TD phase (2011-2012 December)

Complete Payment. Only ADD Korea and Indonesian Aerospace who participate (some KAI engineers were also inserted there but as institution they are not yet involved)

2013-2018 (internal research in Indonesia) we paid it ourselves, outside the program cost

EMD phase (2016-2026)

2016 : Yep complete payment
2017 : Not being paid, the Mindef said he forget to send the budget to Minister of Finance (administration failure- but I guess maybe some mafia has a hand there). Need to inform you guys that KF21 program will likely wipe out any foreign plane order so many people dont like it due to their private interest (corrupt guy)
2018 : Our engineers show some restriction on several technology like flight control system, sofware development, etc during development (violating previous deal)- The restriction is more due to USA side since the technology are US technology

2018 : Start to negotiate but still part of the program. Our engineers in Korea around 114 (reported by Yonhap based on ADD information) staying until CDR complete (design completion and meet the customers requirement (SK and Indo Air Force)

We dont pay in 2018

2019 : We paid again in full
2020 : We dont pay and all of enginners come back home in 2020 May after CDR completion in September 2019 (single seat design completion)
2020 May forward : Some work package of Indonesian engineers are being done in Indonesia for double seats design and some structural analysist (airframe) and plus some airframe manufacturing in Indonesia (alluminium and metal component only since we havent had the composite manufacturing for CFRP (composite material like F35)
2021 : We dont pay but in August 39 engineers come back (mostly production engineers)
2022: We paid again in November (small amount)
2023 : We paid again, much greater than November 2022 payment
2024 : The budget has been prepared and ready to be disbursed in 2024 (more than double 2023 payment)

----------------

Gov cannot make payment plan until completion since 2024 is final year for Jokowi. Cost share payment is paid gradually until 2026 based on the contract. 2025 payment is made in 2024 August, so I think our gov will try to look on how we can pay in that year much bigger than in 2024. While 2026 payment will be decided and made by new President as the result of 2024 election.

Last edited:
Duh, read again my statement.

I try to compare development cost of Korean-Indonesian KF21 program vs Indian AMCA program vs Indonesian R80 program.

I dont think Indonesia will allow UAE to pick our share. Our stance is clear is that we will continue the program as there is already President decision since early 2021 that precede the completion of renegotiation in November 2021

The debate whether Indonesia should leave or stay (after we have some technology restriction during EMD phase by both USA and Korea) had already been completed in 2018. During that time the decision is to continue and start to renegotiate.

Renegotiation is completed in November 2021. We started paying again since 2022 November. This year we double the amount (the payment is in February). For 2024, the payment will be doubled again. I have posted Indonesian media and Indonesian sources in IFX thread.

Korean media who has good knowledge on the program is Yonhap. This is why regarding to KF21 program, my foreign sources are only Yonhap and Jane Defense. Many foreign media, even South Korean media has mislead the fact maybe due to the reporter dont have good knowledge on the program.

Here is Indonesian payment + some information

Development program is started TD phase (2011-2012 December)

Complete Payment. Only ADD Korea and Indonesian Aerospace who participate (some KAI engineers were also inserted there but as institution they are not yet involved)

2013-2018 (internal research in Indonesia) we paid it ourselves, outside the program cost

EMD phase (2016-2026)

2016 : Yep complete payment
2017 : Not being paid, the Mindef said he forget to send the budget to Minister of Finance (administration failure- but I guess maybe some mafia has a hand there). Need to inform you guys that KF21 program will likely wipe out any foreign plane order so many people dont like it due to their private interest (corrupt guy)
2018 : Our engineers show some restriction on several technology like flight control system, sofware development, etc during development (violating previous deal)- The restriction is more due to USA side since the technology are US technology

2018 : Start to negotiate but still part of the program. Our engineers in Korea around 114 (reported by Yonhap based on ADD information) staying until CDR complete (design completion and meet the customers requirement (SK and Indo Air Force)

We dont pay in 2018

2019 : We paid again in full
2020 : We dont pay and all of enginners come back home in 2020 May after CDR completion in September 2019 (single seat design completion)
2020 May forward : Some work package of Indonesian engineers are being done in Indonesia for double seats design and some structural analysist (airframe) and plus some airframe manufacturing in Indonesia (alluminium and metal component only since we havent had the composite manufacturing for CFRP (composite material like F35)
2021 : We dont pay but in August 39 engineers come back (mostly production engineers)
2022: We paid again in November (small amount)
2023 : We paid again, much greater than November 2022 payment
2024 : The budget has been prepared and ready to be disbursed in 2024 (more than double 2023 payment)

----------------

Gov cannot make payment plan until completion since 2024 is final year for Jokowi. Cost share payment is paid gradually until 2026 based on the contract. 2025 payment is made in 2024 August, so I think our gov will try to look on how we can pay in that year much bigger than in 2024. While 2026 payment will be decided and made by new President as the result of 2024 election.

So big unky can still play god of interference with this kf-x fighter at any point it wishes.

I also heard news that S.Koreans are looking for additional partners, Poland expressed interest. I wish Indonesia would rather have a more friendly more aligned country In involved rather than poles. Something like this may be vet beneficial for bdesh.

Including the fact the Chinese would happy giving us some tots the Turks and this project this would help bdesh internal capacity greatly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom