What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Why BD is ignoring 5th gen option till 2030? If they go for used MLUed F-16s (with AESA radar + new IRST if they want 4++gen fighter) will allow savings for upcoming 5th gen plane.

No American Birds...

Russia isn't going to sell it to us because the same aircraft will be used by the Indians...and a change in government will mean the technology might end up in Paksitan's hands....China isn't gonna sell it to us because it will end up in India's hands...unless you can find a seller who has no stake in our regional politics we aren't getting them.

I think China will as the J-31 is specifically designed for export and won't have the best Chinese technology
like the J-20 will.

If China is not interested, there is also the Turkish and Korean options.

Buying 4th Gen fighters next decade will be a waste as they will soon become obsolete.

Bangladesh Air Force chief leaves for UK

July 10, 2016 12:07 am

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Abu Esrar, BBP, ndc, acsc, left here for UK on Thursday for an official visit to attend the Royal International Air Tattoo -2016, an ISPR release said.
The Bangladesh Air Force chief will also attend Farnborough International Air Show during his visit.
It is expected that the visit of the chief of air staff will play an important role in strengthening the existing friendly relationship between the armed forces of two countries.

http://newagebd.net/239434/bangladesh-air-force-chief-leaves-uk/

I think China will as the J-31 is specifically designed for export and won't have the best Chinese technology
like the J-20 will.

If China is not interested, there is also the Turkish and Korean options.

Buying 4th Gen fighters next decade will be a waste as they will soon become obsolete.

Turkey and Korea's stealth aircrafts will be available for export after 2030....If we wait for then,we will not be able to achieve Forces Goal 2030...

We will probably stop buying 4th Gen birds after 2030,we will buy 10 squadrons ( 160 units ) of 4++ Generation birds before 2030...

Shenyang J-31 Gyrfalcon/Falconhawk is much closer in getting into our 5th Gen inventory than any other such birds...But rest assured,you won't see any 5th Gen birds in BAF before 2030...

@Loki @BDforever @Mohammed Khaled @Bilal9 @masud Make him understand,guys..

Probably China or Russia...but other countries will be against this if we buy them in numbers...
We don't have the money. PERIOD. first buy 8 more migs 29 and complete that mig 29 squadron. Then think about buying 5th gen. lmao. But all in all thinking about the future... if we want new techs... we can't keep shifting boats. Get along with Russia. Stay with Russia. Get along with China. Stay with China. These jumping boats policy is getting Bangladesh nowhere.

Why BD is ignoring 5th gen option till 2030? If they go for used MLUed F-16s (with AESA radar + new IRST if they want 4++gen fighter) will allow savings for upcoming 5th gen plane.
You know the cost for maintenance for us will increase because we will have to train service crew for maintaining those fighters... keep two different trees of parts. Making it much costlier for us.

Bangladesh Air Force chief leaves for UK

July 10, 2016 12:07 am

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Abu Esrar, BBP, ndc, acsc, left here for UK on Thursday for an official visit to attend the Royal International Air Tattoo -2016, an ISPR release said.
The Bangladesh Air Force chief will also attend Farnborough International Air Show during his visit.
It is expected that the visit of the chief of air staff will play an important role in strengthening the existing friendly relationship between the armed forces of two countries.

http://newagebd.net/239434/bangladesh-air-force-chief-leaves-uk/
Possible plane purchase. Ahem. :)

Only difference between 4th gen and 5th gen is the stealth. Maneuverability stays the same. Major changes in6th gen due in development by USA, FRANCE, RUSSIA

We don't have the money. PERIOD. first buy 8 more migs 29 and complete that mig 29 squadron. Then think about buying 5th gen. lmao. But all in all thinking about the future... if we want new techs... we can't keep shifting boats. Get along with Russia. Stay with Russia. Get along with China. Stay with China. These jumping boats policy is getting Bangladesh nowhere.

How about clinging with both of them together at the same time?

Only difference between 4th gen and 5th gen is the stealth. Maneuverability stays the same. Major changes in6th gen due in development by USA, FRANCE, RUSSIA

Don't be mean to them,they barely started with 5th Generation birds ( except USA ) few more decades for 6th Gen...Maybe the 6th generation ones will fire lasers and can teleport.??

Possible plane purchase. Ahem. :)

I will hold a party in my house if such things happen...

Kindly google it.

and F-16 s have much longer airframe and engine life compared to Mig-29 that is on of many reasons why its cheaper to maintain and operate.

@gambit please share you views.
Mig 29 engine life is shorter. Yes. F-16s length gives it no advantage in maintenance cost etc.

How about clinging with both of them together at the same time?

Don't be mean to them,they barely started with 5th Generation birds ( except USA ) few more decades for 6th Gen...Maybe the 6th generation ones will fire lasers and can teleport.??

I will hold a party in my house if such things happen...
If the boat decides to shift direction. We will end up in the water.
No I wasn't mean. They are developing those jets now secretly. There has been talks about this since 2014.
Invite me to the party too :P before I leave Bangladesh.

Mig 29 engine life is shorter. Yes. F-16s length gives it no advantage in maintenance cost etc.

If the boat decides to shift direction. We will end up in the water.
No I wasn't mean. They are developing those jets now secretly. There has been talks about this since 2014.
Invite me to the party too :P before I leave Bangladesh.

Yes, it does just google it.

if you have to change whole engine after 4000 hours in Mig-29, while in F-16 its above 6000 hours then which one is costly in terms of maintenance.

Yes, it does just google it.

if you have to change whole engine after 4000 hours in Mig-29, while in F-16 its above 6000 hours then which one is costly in terms of maintenance.
No offence,but...

That doesn't matter,we ain't gonna buy 'em anyways...Keep your F-16s to yourself...bruh...

BTW,there are other aircrafts in the world beside your "beloved F-16 with MLU"...

No offence,but...

That doesn't matter,we ain't gonna buy 'em anyways...Keep your F-16s to yourself...bruh...

BTW,there are other aircrafts in the world beside your "beloved F-16 with MLU"...

Basically you are Indian ally and India is US ally that is why I proposed cheap solution for high end aircraft which will not have sanction issues to BD due to no hostility (war) is possible with India. Although BD cant afford new J-10 or Tejas forget mew western jets.

Basically you are Indian ally and India is US ally that is why I proposed cheap solution for high end aircraft which will not have sanction issues to BD due to no hostility (war) is possible with India. Although BD cant afford new J-10 or Tejas forget mew western jets.

We are India's ally on the POLITICAL FIELD ONLY...But we are China's ally on the MILITARY FIELD...We even have a defence agreement that states that China will protect us if a non-ally of China attacks us...

BTW,our economy is doing better than yours...And we are gonna order 3 or more squadrons of Su-30/MiG-35 this year or the next one...

We are India's ally on the POLITICAL FIELD ONLY...But we are China's ally on the MILITARY FIELD...We even have a defence agreement that states that China will protect us if a non-ally of China attacks us...

BTW,our economy is doing better than yours...And we are gonna order 3 or more squadrons of Su-30/MiG-35 this year or the next one...

Did China Offer you J-10B/C? Or partnership in 5th gen project like they offer Pakistan? They only sell you J-7 because they know you are a puppet state of India specially when Haseena is ruling.

Please post link where China declare that they will defend BD, dear they consult Pakistan before doing business with BD.

Did China Offer you J-10B/C? Or partnership in 5th gen project like they offer Pakistan? They only sell you J-7 because they know you are a puppet state of India specially when Haseena is ruling.

Please post link where China declare that they will defend BD, dear they consult Pakistan before doing business with BD.

That was during the '80s or the '90s bruh...

BTW,China mostly sells us naval equipment and army equipment...Infact we are the largest importer of Chinese goodies...And they also help us in economic projects...

BTW,we asked USA if we could buy 27 F-16s from them and they rejected...It was back in the '80s though..

That was during the '80s or the '90s bruh...

BTW,China mostly sells us naval equipment and army equipment...Infact we are the largest importer of Chinese goodies...And they also help us in economic projects...

BTW,we asked USA if we could buy 27 F-16s from them and they rejected...It was back in the '80s though..

China only sell 2nd line stuff to BD, reason is BD is under influence of India so China will never offer its top tech to BD. Time have changed India is now US ally and very good friend of BD, I proposed F-16 to BD due to several favoring reasons to BD, and one of them is that F-16 may be make in India soon, also no issue in maintenance and even new one will be cheaper due to low labor cost in India.

Back
Top Bottom