What's new

Bangladesh accuses Economist magazine of smear campaign.

@ BF

Obfuscations and deflections to avoid the truth about the Economist!

I agree it is embarrassing for those who take the Economist as if God has spoken!

I await the comments of those who claim that the Economist is the Gospel!

What's Iraq got to do with Bangladesh? Nothing.

Sure, even though the AL won the elections, that doesn't mean BNP would only gain a mere 40+ seats. It's not like they have no supporters. There was some form of manipulation, that is for certain. The AL had help, they cannot do everything by themselves, let alone the brains.

Sure, even though the AL won the elections, that doesn't mean BNP would only gain a mere 40+ seats. It's not like they have no supporters. There was some form of manipulation, that is for certain. The AL had help, they cannot do everything by themselves, let alone the brains.

If you had followed the thread, you would have realised how Iraq cropped in.

I have nothing to comment on BD politics since it appears that the events there, engineered by both the major parties, causes total wonderment. Indeed, as you had said earlier, illiterates throng the political scene. There is no doubt, the events prove that you are right.

However, the Economist, much reputed as it maybe, is duty bound, even by media ethics, has to indicate authenticity of its claims.

I am sure you have seen the 'statistics' that are given in the media, as having been researched by reputed international agencies, are manipulated to suit the agenda. None gives the parameters used to arrive at such statistics. And observe the way the people gush over these statistics and feel that it is the Gospel truth.

Check the 'Happiness Index' that has been much debated. Happiness is abstract. It fluctuates. But if one 'engineers' the questions asked of the representative cross section asked, it can give the result as is the agenda of the ones taking the survey.

I have nothing to comment on BD politics since it appears that the events there, engineered by both the major parties, causes total wonderment. Indeed, as you had said earlier, illiterates throng the political scene. There is no doubt, the events prove that you are right.

However, the Economist, much reputed as it maybe, is duty bound, even by media ethics, has to indicate authenticity of its claims.

I am sure you have seen the 'statistics' that are given in the media, as having been researched by reputed international agencies, are manipulated to suit the agenda. None gives the parameters used to arrive at such statistics. And observe the way the people gush over these statistics and feel that it is the Gospel truth.

Check the 'Happiness Index' that has been much debated. Happiness is abstract. It fluctuates. But if one 'engineers' the questions asked of the representative cross section asked, it can give the result as is the agenda of the ones taking the survey.

If one were to check the Happiness Index of the posters here, they all seem to be unhappy because they are only concerned about negative news and yet the Happiness Index that has been surveyed by the 'reputed organisation' would totally different since the environment at that moment of survey would have been different!

Whatever it is, please understand that money and military muscle would only be a potential recipe for disaster.

Whatever it is, please understand that money and military muscle would only be a potential recipe for disaster.

I totally agree with you.

You are an educated person and intelligent at that too.

I would not be surprised if foreign money flows in elections. They do, be it Indian, BD, Pakistan or even the US (check the inquiries on).

But to say that one party alone is the beneficiary is bogus.

Are you aware of the Saudi money flowing in all Islamic states?

Do you think that Pakistan's woe is because Pakistanis have got crazy?

It is Saudi money ensuring their way of Islam prevails and yet they are the biggest chamchas of the US. They have today recalled their Ambassador from Syria (possibly under US pressure)!

Back
Top Bottom