What's new

Bangladesh accuses Economist magazine of smear campaign.

aakash_2410

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bangladesh's foreign minister has accused The Economist magazine of running a "smear campaign" against the country.

Dipu Moni was reacting to a report in the magazine which said that India had helped and funded the ruling party's election victory in 2008.

The magazine alleged that "bags of Indian cash and advice" had helped the Awami League to come to power.

Ms Moni told local website bdnews24 that the report was "disgraceful".

In a story titled Embraceable You, The Economist wrote that relations between India and Bangladesh had "blossomed" ever since "2008, when the Awami League, helped by bags of Indian cash and advice, triumphed in general elections in Bangladesh".

Ms Moni said the report had "undermined the friendly relationship between Bangladesh and India".

"People know that the Awami League did not win the election [because] it got money or advice from any country, rather the people elected [it] to form the government," she said.

Ms Moni said the magazine had earlier opposed the International Crimes Tribunal to try those Bangladeshis accused of collaborating with the Pakistani forces and committing atrocities during the nine-month bloody war of independence in 1971.

"If we add up all of this, it seems they are campaigning against Bangladesh and the government," she said.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14398673

Reality is all out for everyone to see..accusing The Econominist for publishing the truth will not help!

India is accused of so many things and so many statistics to cook up how India is in dire straits, that one more accusation does not matter.

Accusations by economist without evidence or proofs....

No one cares

Even the new born kid will agree with the economist. This Awami government is nothing but extension of Delhi. It has done nothing but please Bhart for last couple years. Awami now totally a minority based party and this is the reason why they invite so many Bharti politicians in Dhaka send a signal to Hindu community that Bd-Bharat is one and unbreakable. Well, bummer for Awami is that Bangladesh a majority Muslim country and I can assure that overwhelm Muslim majority just hating Awami at this point. I suspect Awami will be ousted before next election and their Bharti dada's won't be able to save them from the wrath of Muslims.

Even the new born kid will agree with the economist. This Awami government is nothing but extension of Delhi. It has done nothing but please Bhart for last couple years. Awami now totally a minority based party and this is the reason why they invite so many Bharti politicians in Dhaka send a signal to Hindu community that Bd-Bharat is one and unbreakable. Well, bummer for Awami is that Bangladesh a majority Muslim country and I can assure that overwhelm Muslim majority just hating Awami at this point. I suspect Awami will be ousted before next election and their Bharti dada's won't be able to save them from the wrath of Muslims.

Knock knock....... India have more Muslims than Bangladesh.

What if, in next election also India sends bagful of Money & and can you think beyond Hindu and Muslim.

What if, in next election also India sends bagful of Money & and can you think beyond Hindu and Muslim.

I am sure you will be sending money to your slave but Awami Ghaddars aren't coming in to power any more. They will be out of power for another 20 years because Nationalist and Islamic forces are now under one roof to corner Awami into waste land. :tup:

Awami has dug their own grave with their recent activities my friend. You might like them but we hate him to the gut. :angry:

I am sure you will be sending money to your slave but Awami Ghaddars aren't coming in to power any more. They will be out of power for another 20 years because Nationalist and Islamic forces are now under one roof to corner Awami into waste land. :tup:

Awami has dug their own grave with their recent activities my friend. You might like them but we hate him to the guts. :angry:

Not just money other things tooo ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom