What's new

Bangaldesh Hartal

I agree wholeheartedly to that. The country needs "real" leaders. And badly.

They will not come from Mars. We just have to support the parties that Bangladesh centric even if they are little corrupted. It better to have corrupt country instead of a a country that admin by third country. Bd now admin by the willingness of DADA's. :tdown:

That is what happens when a nation is run by crooks!

You have contributed to this crime. If I am not mistaken then you have admitted that you have voted for Awami in last election. What I don't understand is that what made you wanted to see this turtle looking Hasina for five years. How can anyone stand this arrogant uncultured women. I just don't get it. :disagree:

Hartals should never be the first choice but yesterday BNP had no other options. ANd to the indian members : did you know how many hartals awami league called when BNP was in power? unlike yesterday, Hasina called hartal for NO reasons and almost half the year all the businesses were shut. If this was BNP in power, and awami league was carrying the hartal, you'd see a different picture. Remember 2006, when Awami league was carrying out protests during the end of the BNP tenure? Remember how the BNP supporters and Jamaatis were butchered like animals?
Unlike the awami league hartals, yesterday hartal was observed by more neutral people . and does anyone not remember the last hartal? what awami league did to SENIOR bnp leaders?

Holy s#2t !!!!

"Oi Khan**r polare dhor", priceless.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have contributed to this crime. If I am not mistaken then you have admitted that you have voted for Awami in last election. What I don't understand is that what made you wanted to see this turtle looking Hasina for five years. How can anyone stand this arrogant uncultured women. I just don't get it. :disagree:

Yes! It was because of Tariq and Koko. I so sorry! :argh:

Hasina is responsible for all the Hartal issues. She was given a mandate to work for the people. She went around and opened up all kinds of cans or worms. BNP had no issue to take to the people, she handed BNP all the issues, the CTG being the mother of all.

These are dumb moves politically speaking, you don't handover election issues to opposition.

When will the parties understand that hartals weaken the country not their rivals. Futhermore, BNP should realise that they may lose their support from people like taxi/bus drivers, people doing roadside business etc. if they carry out hartal. These people's daily income is very important for them to survive, calling a two day hartal may only bring about resentment among the people against BNP.

1991 - 1996 : 173 days of hartal by BAL

1996 - 2001 : 59 days of Hartal by BNP

2001 - 2007 : 130 days of Hartal by BAL

If BNP stops calling this hartal thing . .. .. you, media , people, BAL will say .... this party is weak, gone case ! BNP is just maintaining a balance between peace and strike !. . . . .

If BNP stops calling this hartal thing . .. .. you, media , people, BAL will say .... this party is weak, gone case ! BNP is just maintaining a balance between peace and strike !. . . . .

Like what he said: আওয়ামী লীগ শক্তের ভক্ত নরমের যম: আজহার

fallstuff
Re: Bangaldesh Hartal

Hasina is responsible for all the Hartal issues. She was given a mandate to work for the people. She went around and opened up all kinds of cans or worms. BNP had no issue to take to the people, she handed BNP all the issues, the CTG being the mother of all.

These are dumb moves politically speaking, you don't handover election issues to opposition.

I agree. Awami league could have been the party of the people. Hasina came to power with the promise of change and people were expecting a change that will change the nation for good. Boy they were wrong. So wrong.

BNP and allies will not rest until the fall of Awami.

Phew that was brutal. What I don't understand is, if AL is so bad how did it manage to win the last elections, that too with pretty big majority. Keeping the allegations of Election rigging, and India bribing BD Army Chief with 6 horses in 2008, there surely are AL supporters out there. Who are these people? And what are they getting out of supporting AL. Also if I remember correctly, there was a pretty severe crackdown on AL people when BNP was in power? So pretty much whoever comes to power, uses the police to beat the shyte out of their opponents?

There were crackdowns but not as bad as this 1's. And no senior awami league leaders were ever attacked in this way. I can show you at least few hundreds of videos of Chatra league cadres and awami goons committing atrocities but most of the things you will hear about BNP are mostly allegations which has never been proven. Now one of the Bangladeshi members just compared Chatra league with Chatra Dal, and I think it that comparison is a bit unfair. During the BNP tenure, Chatra Dal was never OUT of control. Now, having defended BNP, I do not think rigging elections in Bangladesh is really a big deal. BUT, I strongly believe, Awami league would have won this election even if it was free and fair because BNP was literally broken down to pieces.
Even today on my first day visit to Bangladesh, I had to bribe a cop 10 pounds( I didn't have taka, so he settled for pounds) because I was talking on the phone while driving. Thats how bad corruption is prevailing at the moment. Off course, there are bad cops all over the world, but you would be surprised how much this has become the norm that too very recently. Almost everyone I run into has a story how they bribed cops and got away with things. I remember in the old BNP days, how we teenagers had to be very careful when buying booze from warehouses, but this days the kids have cops to get for them. :P

you just blamed me :hitwall:

Chatra leaguer actually come from low class family. I mean, they do not have any Khandani identity. So there is no comparison between Charta dal and bloody low life thugs league.

I guess i was a bit harsh in my comparison but what i really meant was that not any one of the student wings are involved in anything good. One might be comparatively better than the other but in the absolute sense none of them are good.

Back
Top Bottom