What's new

Bangaldesh Hartal

Tiki Tam Tam

<b>MILITARY PROFESSIONALS</b>
Reaction score
BNP pushes for hartal

Staff Correspondent

BNP leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir yesterday urged his party activists to make tomorrow's countrywide hartal a success.

While inaugurating a mourning procession organised to mark the death anniversary of late president Ziaur Rahman, the BNP acting secretary general said, "The government is hatching a conspiracy against the caretaker government system. We will wage a tougher movement across the country soon to realise our demand for a midterm election under a neutral and non-partisan caretaker government."

With banners and portraits of Ziaur Rahman, several thousand leaders, workers and supporters of BNP and its front and associate bodies marched from the party's Naya Paltal office to the National Press Club. They also chanted slogans in support of Sunday's hartal.

Earlier, after a meeting of BNP's divisional and Dhaka city unit leaders at the chairperson's Gulshan office, Mirza Alamgir said they were compelled to announce the hartal as "the government is going to snatch people's right to vote."

He urged the authorities to refrain from repression on opposition men centring the hartal.

BNP and its key ally Jamaat-e-Islami called a countrywide hartal for Sunday in protest at what they claimed was the government's plan to cancel the caretaker government system. A few others like-minded parties have already lent support for the hartal.

The Supreme Court recently in a verdict declared the caretaker system illegal. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said the system should not continue since the apex court declared it unconstitutional.

The prime minister on Thursday said BNP called the hartal against the court verdict.

Meanwhile, at a discussion at the National Press Club, BNP's standing committee member Moudud Ahmed said they called the hartal not against the court but the government's decision to repeal the caretaker government provision.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=188555

Bangladesh is up for chaos once again.

The Battle of the Begums.

Notwithstanding, the caretaker govt system was a good one and possibly should also be adopted by all parliamentary democracies including India.

It is exciting times for Bangladesh.

The hartal will play a pivotal role in the course of Bangladesh's politics and its future.

Will BNP win?

Will AL smash BNP's innards?

Who will win?

Who will add to the chaos?

It is as exciting as the Cassius Clay - Sonny Liston World Heavyweight Championship in Madison Gardens.

What are the odds?

The Bangladeshi posters are playing it safe?

Hedging their bets close to their hearts?

Back when i used to be a kid i used to love these hartals. It meant school holiday for us and we used to play cricket on the streets. *sigh* good times passed very fast. Nowdays hartals are usually a pain in the a$$ for me when i have to go to work

Bangladesh is up for chaos once again.

The Battle of the Begums.

Notwithstanding, the caretaker govt system was a good one and possibly should also be adopted by all parliamentary democracies including India.

Why should we adopt. Our system works perfectly well.
And Independent and assertive Election commissioner is good enough.
Why we will tolerate a non democratic govt for few months in every five year.

I am not an adherent of blind faith.

I agree India is doing well.

But are the so called autonomous organisation beyond political shenanigans when selected or when they operate thereafter?

By having an interim non partisan govt during the elections, the administration cannot be manoeuvred to suit the ruling party!

It is better to be extra cautious.

To use the flavour of the month in India - Ceaser's wife must be beyond suspicion!!

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Back when i used to be a kid i used to love these hartals. It meant school holiday for us and we used to play cricket on the streets. *sigh* good times passed very fast. Nowdays hartals are usually a pain in the a$$ for me when i have to go to work

Play a One day on 5 June, you have Khaleda's sanction!

Who will select caretaker govt. How will you ensure they are above suspicion.
In the end I will trust an elected govt to rule me than an unelected incorruptible nice guys, even for a few days.

Also, they wont be able to take any strong decision, what if something bad happens during that period. Do they have mandate to deal with any disaster?

The checks and balances in India is working fine. The anti incumbency is enough to throw any govt, no matter how much they use their resources.

In smaller countries, this caretaker system is a disaster waiting to happen, how about a bloodless coup and a dictator for life thereafter.

Dont know about other countries, but it is absolutely necessary for Bangladesh that there is a Caretaker Government or there is just no way elections will be remotely fair.

@desioptimist : The head of the caretaker government is the Chief Justice. If there is one person in the country that is trustworthy then it should be that guy, unless it has been chosen by AL ofcourse, lol.

Battle between good and evil. AL got it easy thus far. It has been smooth sailing for them. Iceberg ahead. Let the forces of evil go out with misery.

Who will select caretaker govt. How will you ensure they are above suspicion.
In the end I will trust an elected govt to rule me than an unelected incorruptible nice guys, even for a few days.

Also, they wont be able to take any strong decision, what if something bad happens during that period. Do they have mandate to deal with any disaster?

The checks and balances in India is working fine. The anti incumbency is enough to throw any govt, no matter how much they use their resources.

In smaller countries, this caretaker system is a disaster waiting to happen, how about a bloodless coup and a dictator for life thereafter.

The main reason the caretaker government was declared illegal was because Hasina wants a one-party state like her father tried to do.

Rigging elections is not a big deal in Bangladesh. Even if the matter is taken to the High Court.

And in Bangladesh, anything is possible.

One of the goals of the recent caretaker government was to kick out the two women in charge. They failed.

Hasina's important weakness is that she doesn't have a good relationship with the military. Especially after the Pilkhana tragedy. Inside sources in the military have stated that it was the AL who pulled the strings behind the Pilkhana tragedy.

We'll just have to see.

Battle between good and evil. AL got it easy thus far. It has been smooth sailing for them. Iceberg ahead. Let the forces of evil go out with misery.

How was it easy?

You were not there and that is why?

Some would believe that you are the Force of Evil and not AL.

You only know how to sow discord and hate and that is evil by any standards and any religious belief!

You call all Muanfiq, when in actuality you are the Munafiq!

5 buses set afire in pre-hartal violence in capital
Reported by: UNBconnect
Reported on: June 04, 2011 15:44 PM
Reported in: National
News - 5 buses set afire in pre-hartal violence in capital
Dhaka, June 4 (UNB)-Five passenger buses were burnt in different places in the capital today ahead of tomorrow’s countrywide dawn-to-dusk hartal.

Police and fire brigade said first bus was burnt near RAJUK Bhaban at about 1-45pm while three other buses set ablaze at Mirpur-10, Fakirapul, Palashy and Bangla Motor crossing between 6pm to 7-35pm.

BNP and its allies called the hartal tomorrow to protest government move to scarp the provision of non-party caretaker government.

UNBconnect... - 5 buses set afire in pre-hartal violence in capital

Showdown starts at 0 hrs. I just hope no one dies because if it does happen then
things will get real messy for the next 2.5 yrs.

Showdown starts at 0 hrs. I just hope no one dies because if it does happen then
things will get real messy for the next 2.5 yrs.

I also hope and pray that no one dies. Outcome of this Hartal will control next year or so. If Hartal succeed then BNP and allies will continue with harder movement to oust these Bharti dalals. If BNP and allies failed then they will be crush by Al.

I also hope and pray that no one dies. Outcome of this Hartal will control next year or so. If Hartal succeed then BNP and allies will continue with harder movement to oust these Bharti dalals. If BNP and allies failed then they will be crush by Al.

If BNP wins then it will be a victory of Osama's dalals and the established munafiqs?

More so those who roar from the safety of the foreign lands and have no guts to stand up for what they think is right in their own homeland they have forsaken.

How can one make any mess, messier?

You call all Muanfiq, when in actuality you are the Munafiq!

Mun&#257;fiq (n., in Arabic: &#1605;&#1606;&#1575;&#1601;&#1602;, plural mun&#257;fiq&#363;n) is an Islamic Arabic term used to describe a religious hypocrite, who outwardly practices Islam, while inwardly concealing his disbelief (kafir), perhaps even unknowingly.

I have been true to my believe and never deviated to defend Islam in the strongest manner. Hence, definition of Munafiq doesn't apply to my character.

One the flip side, those I accuse goes by the identity of Muslim yet does all most everything against Islam. Hence, it's clear who are the munafiqs.

Back
Top Bottom