What's new

Azerbaijan Issues Warning Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was Turkish. No Kurd existed back then.
Saladin used Turkish flags.

Why would anyone want to steal your history?
Kid dont waste my time by telling me that ayubids were Turks. Stealing history is an ugly habit which indeed should be stopped by some jalous politicians in your country.

Saladin was Kurdish...(Iranic)
Scythians were eastern-Iranic peoples.

Blame your system for rewriting history. I've to doe de my time educating and cleaning minds of your countrymen.

Come on with your expert kid. He'll be no expert like the giant linguïst professor Harmatta.
The major experts lean towards Iranic explanation of issyk inscription.
Further it's known that scythians are Iranic, there's NO debate about that. I'm only debating the issyk inscription.
i heard donald Trump is also Iranian

Saladin was NOT Kurdish.
And I don't care for Scythians.
I hope Azerbaijan destroys Iran, so I never have to hear about the Scythians ever again lol
Azerbayjan lost against Armenia, how to destroy Iran. Wahaha Joke of 2017 till now.

i heard donald Trump is also Iranian
Would not surprise me if a turk wrote such nonsense.. changing peoples identity.

Kid dont waste my time by telling me that ayubids were Turks. Stealing history is an ugly habit which indeed should be stopped by some jalous politicians in your country.
The Crescent Moon is mainly a Turkic symbol, not Iranic. Saladin was a Turk.
Saladins army was mainly Turks..why? Because he only trusted real men. :)
Why would anyone be jealous of your history?

Azerbayjan lost against Armenia, how to destroy Iran. Wahaha Joke of 2017 till now.

Would not surprise me if a turk wrote such nonsense.. changing peoples identity.
You might be right about the Scythians.
The Scythians lost to the Huns, and being losers, they decided to join the Huns. :frown::lol::wave:

The Crescent Moon is mainly a Turkic symbol, not Iranic. Saladin was a Turk.
Saladins army was mainly Turks..why? Because he only trusted real men. :)
Why would anyone be jealous of your history?
His Army had many Turks, and also Kurdish fightera, but was not a turk. He was kurdish. Well people with less history would become jalous..
Crescent moon goes back to sumerian/babylonian era, nothing to do with Turks. Open few books for God sake.

Last edited:
His Army had many Turks, and also Kurdish richters, but was not a turk. He was kurdish. Well people with less history would become jalous..
Crescent moon goes back to sumerian/babylonian era, nothing to do with Turks. Open few books for God sake.
Sumerian/Babylonians had a Crescent Moon flag?
Show it to me....:lol:
There were NO KURDS in his army at all. JUST TURKS. BECAUSE HE WAS A TURK.
Saladins MASTER WAS A TURK. HE SERVED UNDER TURKS.
Why you want to steal our history?

Sumerian/Babylonians had a Crescent Moon flag?
Show it to me....:lol:
There were NO KURDS in his army at all. JUST TURKS. BECAUSE HE WAS A TURK.
Saladins MASTER WAS A TURK. HE SERVED UNDER TURKS.
Why you want to steal our history?
Salahudin was a Kurd. (Our cousins...closest ethnic group to us Baloch)
His family was in the service of Turkish Atabegs Zangi,Emad Al-Deen and Noor Al-Deen....
his family was from Arbil but he was born in Tikrit.

One of his later wife Shagrat al-Durr was Turk.

His family was in the service of Turkish Atabegs Zangi,Emad Al-Deen and Noor Al-Deen....

"Saladin the Turk" , not Kurd.

Actually Saladin belonged to the Rawadid dynasty/tribe which is Arab in origin. Later some of its branches, including the one Saladin belonged to became Kurdified and others Arabized (returning to their origin).

"Saladin was born in Tikrit in modern-day Iraq. His personal name was "Yusuf"; "Salah ad-Din" is a laqab, an honorific epithet, meaning "Righteousness of the Faith."[12] His family was of Kurdish ancestry,[4] and had originated from the city of Dvin in medieval Armenia.[13][14] The Rawadid tribe he hailed from had been partially assimilated into the Arabic-speaking world by this time.[15]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin

Tikrit and Arbil are ancient Semitic lands too. Many Kurds are originally of Arab/Assyrian origin who became Kurdified. Kurds are not a homogenous people.

"According to Minorsky and Bosworth, the Rawadids were originally of Arabic ancestry, and arrived in the region in the mid eighth century,[6][7] but they had become Kurdicized by the early 10th century and began to use Kurdish forms like Mamlan for Muhammad and Ahmadil for Ahmad as their names[8][9]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawadid_dynasty

Minorsky was the foremost expert on Kurdish history of his time and Bosworth was (he died in 2015) one of the leading experts on Kurdish history.

So most likely he had both Kurdish and Arab ancestry as Arab-Kurdish intermarriages in that region of the Middle East, even back then, were fairly common.

"Sultan Saladin spoke both Arabic and Kurdish, and likely Turkish as well.[93][94] According to Yasser Tabbaa, an anthropologist specializing in medieval Islamic culture,[95] the Ayyubid rulers who reigned in the late 12th-century were far removed from their Kurdish origins, and unlike their Seljuq predecessors and their Mamluk successors, they were firmly "Arabized." Arabic culture and language[96] Arabic culture and language[96] formed the main component of their identity instead of their Kurdish heritage.[97] Arabic surnames were much more prevalent among the Ayyubids, a tribe that had already been partially assimilated into the Arabic-speaking world before its members came to power, than non-Arabic names. Some exceptions included the non-Arabic surname Turan-Shah. Most of the Ayyubid rulers spoke fluent Arabic and a number of them, such as az-Zahir Ghazi, al-Mu'azzam Isa and the minor emirs of Hama, composed Arabic poetry.[98]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayyubid_dynasty

Another thing, his descendants continue to live in the Arab world and are now Arabs and consider themselves Arabs. Descendants of the Ayyubid dynasty live in Jordan, Sham and KSA today. None in majority Kurdish lands. They are know as Al-Ayyubi/Ayoubi and one of my childhood friends belonged to this family...

Last edited:
Seljuks were Turkic. Safavid fathers Line were kurds (Iranic).
Naah. But, you are free to think what you want.

@Attila the Hun , what did you do? :D
I had many sources of Saladin being a Turk, but lost them all. People are free to think what they want. That part of time, only Turks ruled over others. Hard to think Kurds got power back then.
But, like I said, everyone is free to think what they want.

Actually Saladin belonged to the Rawadid dynasty/tribe which is Arab in origin. Later some of its branches, including the one Saladin belonged to became Kurdified and others Arabized (returning to their origin).

"Saladin was born in Tikrit in modern-day Iraq. His personal name was "Yusuf"; "Salah ad-Din" is a laqab, an honorific epithet, meaning "Righteousness of the Faith."[12] His family was of Kurdish ancestry,[4] and had originated from the city of Dvin in medieval Armenia.[13][14] The Rawadid tribe he hailed from had been partially assimilated into the Arabic-speaking world by this time.[15]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin

Tikrit and Arbil are ancient Semitic lands too. Many Kurds are originally of Arab/Assyrian origin who became Kurdified. Kurds are not a homogenous people.

"According to Minorsky and Bosworth, the Rawadids were originally of Arabic ancestry, and arrived in the region in the mid eighth century,[6][7] but they had become Kurdicized by the early 10th century and began to use Kurdish forms like Mamlan for Muhammad and Ahmadil for Ahmad as their names[8][9]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawadid_dynasty

Minorsky was the foremost expert on Kurdish history of his time and Bosworth was (he died in 2015) one of the leading experts on Kurdish history.

So most likely he had both Kurdish and Arab ancestry as Arab-Kurdish intermarriages in that region of the Middle East, even back then, were fairly common.

"Sultan Saladin spoke both Arabic and Kurdish, and likely Turkish as well.[93][94] According to Yasser Tabbaa, an anthropologist specializing in medieval Islamic culture,[95] the Ayyubid rulers who reigned in the late 12th-century were far removed from their Kurdish origins, and unlike their Seljuq predecessors and their Mamluk successors, they were firmly "Arabized." Arabic culture and language[96] Arabic culture and language[96] formed the main component of their identity instead of their Kurdish heritage.[97] Arabic surnames were much more prevalent among the Ayyubids, a tribe that had already been partially assimilated into the Arabic-speaking world before its members came to power, than non-Arabic names. Some exceptions included the non-Arabic surname Turan-Shah. Most of the Ayyubid rulers spoke fluent Arabic and a number of them, such as az-Zahir Ghazi, al-Mu'azzam Isa and the minor emirs of Hama, composed Arabic poetry.[98]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayyubid_dynasty

Another thing, his descendants continue to live in the Arab world and are now Arabs and consider themselves Arabs. Descendants of the Ayyubid dynasty live in Jordan, Sham and KSA today. None in majority Kurdish lands. They are know as Al-Ayyubi/Ayoubi and one of my childhood friends belonged to this family...
This should be added, the arab part of Saladin is not proven, only a theory.

The earliest form of the name is written "Rewend" in the Sharafnama. According to Vladimir Minorsky, this could have been a corruption of the Arabic name "Rawadiya". Minorsky thus leaves space for a possible Arabic influence on the tribe, although they are generally considered to be Kurdish. Furthermore, Minorsky states that the rulers of the tribe could have given their name to it. In other words, it is possible that the Rewend/Rawadiya rulers were of Arab origin,[4] and arrived in the Dvin region in 758 CE from the Arbela (modern Arbil) region. Further it should be considered that Vladimir Minorsky's research was based upon subjective writings of Kurdish medieval historian Ibn Athir.[6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom