What's new

Ayatollah Khamenei:Insulting Sunni Dignitaries Unlawful

Nishan

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei recently issued a religious decree condemning any insult to Sunni dignitaries.
The leader’s fatwa, issued on Oct. 3, was highly welcomed by the Muslim world and drew the attention of the most prestigious religious centers, including Alzahra University in Egypt.
“Desecrating the religious dignitaries of Sunni brothers, including accusations to the wife of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), is haram (unlawful),” Ayatollah Khamenei was quoted as saying by Taghrib News Agency (TNA).
The remarks made by Iran’s leader came in response to a question posed by Saudi clerics regarding a fatwa released by Kuwaiti Shiite cleric, Sheikh Yasser Al-Habib, considered offensive to Ayesha.
In a disciplinary measure, the Kuwaiti Cabinet announced its opposition to the sacrilege and annulled Habib’s citizenship.

Praise From Egypt, Lebanon
The chancellor of Al-Azhar University of Islamic Sciences has welcomed the leader’s fatwa prohibiting any insult to the companions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his wives.
Ahmad Al-Tayyib said in a statement issued on Sunday that the fatwa issued by Ayatollah Khamenei was prudent and timely, and would help prevent any attempt to sow discord among Muslims.
“I received the blessed fatwa with appreciation. Such insults have always been a source of controversy and disputes between Shiite and Sunni Muslims, and prevented them from forging a dynamic unity against common enemies,” Tayyib said.
The western media have not given the fatwa wide coverage, but the Egyptian people and the North African country’s media outlets have welcomed the brave move by Iran’s leader.
Ayatollah Khamenei recently said western powers are trying to widen differences between Sunnis and Shiites to divert attention from the crisis in Palestine.
“The enemies of Islam want to create discord among Muslims. So, unity is the most important need of the Islamic world in the 21st century,” he said.
Lebanon Sunni scholars also praised Ayatollah Khamenei’s fatwa.
TNA said Ayatollah Khamenei’s fatwa can help forge unity among Muslims.
Lebanon religious Scholar Malek Alshoara welcomed the fatwa and said, “Muslims have to maintain unity and endeavor to resolve all differences among themselves.”
Beit-ul-Moqaddas prayer leader, Sheikh Maher Hamoud, called the fatwa an opportunity for enhancing unity among Muslims.
Resistant Workers Party in Lebanon also appreciated the fatwa and said “this fatwa has illustrated the fathomless relations among all Islamic sects”.
The party also emphasized the necessity of publicizing this fatwa among Muslims.

Kuwaiti Website
Kuwait’s Al-Siyasa website referred to the fatwa as “a good progress for Muslims”.
The website wrote, “Issuing the fatwa was a good progress for which we have been waiting for a long time. It obviously reflects the high regard for Ayatollah Khamenei as a major symbol not only in Iran, but also the entire Islamic world.”
Pointing to some groups’ attempts for causing division among Muslims, the website said, “Since a majority of Iranians are Shiites, this will serve as a guide for ameliorating tension.”
The website noted that the fatwa issued by Ayatollah Khamenei to denounce the use of abusive language against the wives of Holy Prophet (PBUH) is a step in the right direction.
“The statement of Ayatollah Khamenei represents the true position of Islam. It is in line with previous fatwas issued by Muslim scholars decades ago to avert a crisis instigated by some stupid people,” it said.
“We hope all Shiite leaders will adopt this position, while their Sunni counterparts will prevent verbal attacks against other sects.”
The website stressed that the family and companions of Prophet (PBUH) belong to all Muslims, so any attack on them is an attack on Muslims.

source: Irandaily | No. 3793 | Society | Page 7

I always had respect for the prudence of Iran's supreme religious leaders. But unfortunately, we do not see such prudence in the monarchs and despots of the Middle East.

The main source of Iranian revolution is Khomeini and his books and they are full of hatred for the Companions and the wives of Prophet. Lets see when he says that it was a mistake by Khomeini. I will call it taqiyya at best.

we need more such moves to eliminate all problems and factors of divisions among muslims, soon we all will be fighting for our lives when the dogs of this world decides to wage an all out war against us

The main source of Iranian revolution is Khomeini and his books and they are full of hatred for the Companions and the wives of Prophet. Lets see when he says that it was a mistake by Khomeini. I will call it taqiyya at best.

Unfortunately this is what I expect too

Having read Khomeini's works, I have found no such thing. Khomeini has on the other hand stressed unity aruging that the disunity has allowed other elements to further divide and manipulate the Muslim people.

I ask you to provide references and quotes to verify your claim which I find outrageous at best.

Good move by Khamenei indeed, hopefully this improves the image of Iran in the Islamic world.

what book is it ?

Iranian already have good peoples...............its just western media they are trying to put bad name on them with their all nuts and bolts...........

It is a shame really but you are true about Khomeini...
:frown:

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei recently issued a religious decree condemning any insult to Sunni dignitaries.
assalam alaikum
The Fatwa made me laugh prophet's wives r sunni dignitaries? , while Allah called them mother of almomeneen may be he has a different religion. Any how yasser alhabib bases all of his claims according to his books and he says shia ppl dont need to do tuqiah anymore. If Ali khomini is serIous he should not publish those hatred books that curse the companions of the prophet and his wives. Any how the latest development in this topic , yesterday on friday there was a mubahalah between yasser and a sunni shiekh live on tv watched by millions. yasser alhabib opened the eyes of millions of norther african arabs who didnot know anything about shias. i also have a link ( arabic ) from azhar that asks khamini , if want good relations with muslims tear down the mazar of killer of the second khalifah Umer Alfarooq ( ameer almomeneen ) radhwan Allah 3laih.
and latest development came from ikhwan almuslmeen of jordan they also expressed their anger.

TARIQ

It is a shame really but you are true about Khomeini...
:frown:
As said Pasban above, if you are sure about such statement pls provide the source

You know ... as shias there is the problem between Ali and Aisha
This makes a difference between us
But should we make it a fight? Shouldn't we respect the other opinion?
We muslims should be united, not to insult or kill each other.
I guess that was the message from Khamenei.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom