What's new

Attack Helicopter Match-Ups: India vs. Pakistan

1. longbows
2. super cobras.

battle proven.
and beasts.
all others.. bullshit.. these russian helis are just crap to be honest.
they need agility and techs.
russian products are always.. get in,start it and spam fire the enemy.
tanks,airplanes,helis,missiles.

for pakistan... wait for t-129?
the specs of t-129 looks better then latest longbows.
and its model design is based on a129 which also have some proven hours and battles(correct if battle is wrong).
then its a bye bye for apaches...

these mi-helis and hind helis are good helis.. produced and used ALOT. but are they that good? or do you need to outnumber the opponent to be good?
if you look apache.. its a fat heli but aigan.. easier to hit.
cobra.. super cobra.. i would put this heli on 1.

which one will get pak army?AH-1W or AH-1Z?

We have AH-1Fs... Usman shabir of pak def reported tht P.A had order more than a dozen vipers tht will be delivered till 2013........ Now accordint to P.M we will get T-129 with co production(i heard him on PTV during his visit to Turkiye).... And Super cobras r assured by US after 2014.

We have AH-1Fs... Usman shabir of pak def reported tht P.A had order more than a dozen vipers tht will be delivered till 2013........ Now accordint to P.M we will get T-129 with co production(i heard him on PTV during his visit to Turkiye).... And Super cobras r assured by US after 2014.

Super Cobras do not have a delivery date and US has to meet the demand of the USMC (United States Marine Corps) before exporting any birds like the Super Cobras. Super Cobras may not be available until 2015-2017. Pakistan should look for alternatives for the short and medium term woth TOT and local assembly and production.

With the current bs going on with US & Pakistan wit davis issue & all who knows if we will get the super cobras !

Try to research...and stick to what you say first apache and super cobra are beasts rest crap, now you take t-129 better than longbow? whatup brotha?

notice:(plz ignore my spell ,as my browser don't support spellcheck).

i dont know why the hell cobra has only 2 roter blades where basic physics tells that more the blades,more the lift ,less the noise(my theory),may be super cobra has 4roter blades?.
long time ago i got my hands into a book titled "the bear trap"(jung publications) by "Usuf akdin"former director of ISI(hope i spelled him rightly), where he told about the fear of hind choppers in the mind of afgan mujahids as in the start of its introduction in afganistan it was almost invinsible to ground fire by rebels due to its heavely armored belly ,but situation turned dramatically after arrival of american stinger SAM's that forced soviet helos to fly out of range of stinger as much as possible & also forced soviet designer to further do some modification to hind's exaust's to reduce heat signature.
It is also stated in that book that Pakistan sucessfully got 1 hind (I dont exectly rember if it was a hind or some mig ) by getting a afgan pilot to ditch there soviet handler & land it into pakistan ,later it was transfered to U.S to analyze that beast.
that book was fun to read & get an over view of afgan war,american involvement,ISI's role,Soviet counter measures etc.......

you are completely right, hind was messenger of death for Talibans before they got Stingers. I would like to mention one thing, " Russian helped Vietnam against USA, and USA took the revenge in Afghanistan...

USA still have the Hind (and German MiG29) in there inventory, they use to train their forces using this deadly machines...

Try to research...and stick to what you say first apache and super cobra are beasts rest crap, now you take t-129 better than longbow? whatup brotha?

im saying on paper t-129 looks the best heli.
when its done and flying it will proof it.

No attack heli will match Mi-35 Hind in the indian armoury. This one is a flying tank with deadly weapons and payload.

No attack heli will match Mi-35 Hind in the indian armoury. This one is a flying tank with deadly weapons and payload.

thats where the russian and russian tech are based on..
firepower.. everything around it they dont have it

We have around 54-56+ cobras and more than 2-3 dozen fennec assault helicopters.

You had 39 cobras originally out of which around 32 are currently servicable, some of which are of 1970 vintage, and no Fennec "Assault Helos". Please check this information on any medium and get your information right.

this beast,once in service will surely have a profound effect....
lch+142-723140.jpg
[/IMG]
AERO%2BINDIA%2B2011-%2BDAY%2B3%2B-%2BLOT%2BV%2B%25288%2529-797859.jpg

Looks nice, I have kind of lost track of the discussion to the point that it seems everything Pak has or will have are no. 1 ! Is it possible to have decent discussion on strength/capabilities please?

You had 39 cobras originally out of which around 32 are currently servicable, some of which are of 1970 vintage, and no Fennec "Assault Helos". Please check this information on any medium and get your information right.

Wiki :tdown:
39 were in service 14 more were delivered in 2010... Pakistan had S models upgraded to F status.

A few pics of fennecs in service ....According to world airforces 50 fennecs (im correcting myself)are in service=

1506078.jpg

AS550FennecC3.jpg

Armament

BGM-71 TOW -TOW-2 n maybe Baktar shikan
7 x 2.75in Forges de Zeebrugge or 12 x 68 mm Thales Brandt rockets
20 mm Giat M621 cannon 20 mm cannon
Fabrique Nationale de Herstal twin 7.62 mm or 12.7 mm machine gun pods
..Various types of torpedoes.

Im not sorry to burst ur bubble..... Get ur info correct............Thank u for ranting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom