What's new

ASIA CUP 2018 - ODI

I have heard of fakhar zaman in news, never saw him batting.
Looking forward to watch him for the first time in asia cup may be.

Hope to see a good contest. It will be a surprise if it will be a final of anything else than india vs pakistan.
You must have missed the Pakistan vs India Champions Trophy Final then :P

Its just over a month to go now, 33 days to be exact. The 14th edition of Asia Cup ODI tournament starts in UAE from September 15, 2018 when Bangladesh takes on Sri Lanka in tournament opener. This year’s tournament will feature defending champions India (who won the 2016 T20 edition), Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and a sixth team which will come from winning the qualifiers to be held in Malaysia from August 29 to September 06 and featuring 6 teams.

The teams are to be divided into two groups with arch rivals Pakistan and India being joined with the team from qualifiers in group A. Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan will make up group B. Top two teams from each group are to progress to what will be round of Super Four (different than traditional semi-final). Each team will play every other team once on round robin basis with top two teams (point based) to compete for the trophy in Final on September 28, 2018 in Dubai International Cricket Stadium.

The tournament will be a major litmus test being a multinational tournament coming before next year’s world cup.

We will try to follow the matches, games and team discussion here in this thread. Let us all try to keep it civil and not violate forum rules in our hyper excited state of mind (at times). May the best team win (I mean Pakistan :lol: :pakistan:).

Indians are favorites for this time again... lets see..
So far Indians held this title 6 times, Srilankans 4 times and Pakistanis only 2 times.

Indians are favorites for this time again... lets see..
So far Indians held this title 6 times, Srilankans 4 times and Pakistanis only 2 times.
True. But this time our batting seem to be in fine form and on UAE pitches, we can do well. I think it will be an even contest.

Honestly...for me badminton is a new craze for me than cricket......Cricket need more teams and countries 2 play well.....Otherwise....it is another India Pakistan match where others r just participants..

ban cricket..... look at the train wreck it has done to Pakistan's sports overall.

True. But this time our batting seem to be in fine form and on UAE pitches, we can do well. I think it will be an even contest.
Pakistan has advantage. In form batsmen, familiar UAE pitches, India past the peak form.

I really hope
Imam Ul Haq
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Hassan Ali
Muhammad Aamir

Performs against India

Asia-Cup-schedule-2018.jpg

Indian pacers are really making a mark in England. The might lack brutal pace but are more than making up for it with control and swing in suitable English conditions. How effective they will be on dry UAE pitches remains to be seen but again, it promises to be an interesting contest.

India rest Kohli for Asia Cup
NEW DELHI - India's selectors Saturday rested prolific skipper Virat Kohli for the upcoming Asia Cup one-day cricket tournament in the UAE where arch-rivals Pakistan are also competing.

Batsman Rohit Sharma will lead the 16-member squad in Kohli's absence during the regional six-team competition to be held from September 15-28. "Considering the workload, we have given him (Kohli) rest," chairman of selectors M.S.K. Prasad told reporters in Mumbai.

"He has been playing continuously for quite some time. He's on the road since the IPL (Indian Premier League)... we need to preserve some of the precious players, who are playing in all three formats." Kohli, 29, is currently leading the Indian side in a five-Test series in England where he has scored 486 runs so far including two centuries.

The England series ends on September 11, four days before the start of the Asia Cup. And in less than a week after the Asia Cup final, India are set to play against the West Indies in a home Test series.

Before the England series, Kohli was forced to miss out on a stint with Surrey due to a neck injury and in the Lord's Test he suffered a lower-back strain. The selectors also picked 20-year-old uncapped left-arm seamer Khaleel Ahmed who has impressed in the shorter formats of the game.

Middle-order batsmen Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey and Kedar Jadhav were brought back after missing India's ODI series against England. Pacemen Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar were also included with the duo having recovered from their injuries.

Among those who missed out were batsman Suresh Raina and bowler Umesh Yadav. Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are the other teams in the fray in the 50-over contest. The sixth team will be decided through a qualifier being held in Malaysia.

SQUAD: Rohit Sharma (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, K.L. Rahul, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, M.S. Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur.

https://nation.com.pk/02-Sep-2018/india-rest-kohli-for-asia-cup

i think they will bring him because india will loose other wise in last test we seen it without him playing indian baters hesitae to score runs self confidence goes to nill doubt in mind do i play or hit because no one plays anchor role in team india other than kholi

Back
Top Bottom