What's new

Article 370 : A debate

Should Article 370 be scrapped

• Yes

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
I voted yes, You know what my stand is,There should be no special privileges to any such state of India.
Art370 is a joke played on us by Nehru,who bungled with Kashmir fiasco, i have a strong feeling he was trying to run or get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize Award, because no other leader will shoot his nation in the foot, like Nehru or Gandhi Family did.

At current state with article 370, IoK is somewhat acceptable for Pakistanis. Otherwise Indians will have to pay heavy price if they decide to remove art 370 on their own.
We are ready bro? But are you ready?

Well the best solution will be to hold some kind of referendum and ask the Kashmirs directly. With out their approval any action would be disastrous.

The validity or rather intensity of article 370 has been gradually corroded since its inception. The article's assurance for an autonomy for the state of Jammu and Kashmir had been frequently disregarded by passing recurrent presidential orders contributing more and more power to the union legislature from the hands of states legislature without any constitutional amendments. So, 'scrap' or 'keep' article 370 does not move a thing on ground.

3 The removal of Article 370 will lead to greater development of the region. The investments will be able to flow smmothly in the region and people will setup business there. This will increase the economic prosperity of the region
This is the crux. Investments are unable to flow into Kashmir because of Article 370. No investments means no industries/infrastructure development. This means no jobs. No jobs means frustration of youth leading them to join anti India groups like the lame duck Hurriyat and the HuM (Which needless to say is on its last legs).

Is this a conspiracy by some vested interests in Kashmir egged on by their foreign handlers to continue the militancy which is on the wane, by feeding on the frustration of the youth to fill the ranks of the militants?

G-B is not part of Kashmir but status is similar.
Means they too have a parliament,president and prime minister?
Kashmir_map.svg_.png

what about Gilgit,Baltistan? what its status legally?
they have their own assembly to make laws, but they dont have any representation in the National Assembly of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and it is a self governing state, AJK tried to make it part of itself, but the Supreme Court of Pakistan stopped it

No wrong ...we kept it like that expecting u to withdraw your army from your part of gilgit,balistan,kashmir for plebscite ,but you never withdrew your troops
Gave a part to china
Changed demography of gilgit baltistan and kashmir
Using proxies(terrorists) attacked kashmiri pandiths
But all these time our part of j&K is still kept isolated through article 370
But now after all these developments there is no relevance for article 370 ..so we gonna scrap it..
ok

I think we should go patiently (but in time bound manner) over a period of 10 yrs. Let the old man pass, tame others. Invest in state but More in Jammu and Ladakh. Though i still have a feeling that few groups in our country dont crave for economic prosperity Over dream of an alternate reality :-)

People of kashmir have a right to enjoy a prosperous life which can be easily achieved from economic growth else where in country. As of now the economy depends heavily on Tourism and that is sad state of affairs considering there is a huge potential for Pharma, food processing and IT industry. This unfortunately won't happen till archaic articles like 370 exist. A common youth from Kashmir has to migrate to earn a good paying job, why shouldn't he/she get a job in his home state. Also this will in course of time allow other working people to move to the state leading to a much better integration of society, a move that will pay off in a decade or two.
But considering the article as a political Hot Potato, it is unlikely to be gone soon.

I voted yes, You know what my stand is,There should be no special privileges to any such state of India.
Art370 is a joke played on us by Nehru,who bungled with Kashmir fiasco, i have a strong feeling he was trying to run or get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize Award, because no other leader will shoot his nation in the foot, like Nehru or Gandhi Family did.

Dude,

Once upon a time I was a proponent of scrapping of Article 370 and reducing muslims to minority in J&K, but after giving it a serious thought, I am ambivalent about it.

Let's be clear about one thing here, only reason we want removal of Article370 is to reduce muslim population of J&K to minority. On paper it would look to be a great idea; but if you look at it much more depth, you will realise that it is very difficult to be achieve, even after removal of Art370.

See, Muslim population of J&K is close to 6.8 million, while Hindu population is close to 3 million; Sikh population is 206000, and Buddhist population is 138,000. That is 6.8 million muslims against 3.34 million Kuffars.

In valley, Muslim population is 5.3 million, Hindu population is 101,000 ,Sikh population is 48,000. In valley it is 5.3 million vs 150,000. Apart from this close to 300,000 Pandits have been displaced making it 5.3 million vs 150,000.

For reducing muslims to a minority in valley, we have to settle 4million Kuffars in valley in very short period of time. This could not be done without GoI actively encouraging immigration by providing jobs and housing. For this it has to expel muslims from their properties (pretty much like Israel).

My point is that if goverment ,in order to ensure that Art 370 to be effective, has to become a ruthless Hindu government; Why do it in a half-arsed manner? Either do not disturb status-quo, or go full Isabella ferdinand on muslim's arse. Either GoI should go whole hog and convert Kashmir at Gunpoint or expel muslims to Pakistan, or simply shut up and enjoy status-quo, while silently chipping away at Art 370. Muzzies do not have any leader after Geelani, who would die in few months.I do not think that benefits of removing Art 370 justify the trouble we would have to court.

@SarthakGanguly what are your views on this matter.

@Soumitra

Dude,

Once upon a time I was a proponent of scrapping of Article 370 and reducing muslims to minority in J&K, but after giving it a serious thought, I am ambivalent about it.

Let's be clear about one thing here, only reason we want removal of Article370 is to reduce muslim population of J&K to minority. On paper it would look to be a great idea; but if you look at it much more depth, you will realise that it is very difficult to be achieve, even after removal of Art370.

See, Muslim population of J&K is close to 6.8 million, while Hindu population is close to 3 million; Sikh population is 206000, and Buddhist population is 138,000. That is 6.8 million muslims against 3.34 million Kuffars.

In valley, Muslim population is 5.3 million, Hindu population is 101,000 ,Sikh population is 48,000. In valley it is 5.3 million vs 150,000. Apart from this close to 300,000 Pandits have been displaced making it 5.3 million vs 150,000.

For reducing muslims to a minority in valley, we have to settle 4million Kuffars in valley in very short period of time. This could not be done without GoI actively encouraging immigration by providing jobs and housing. For this it has to expel muslims from their properties (pretty much like Israel).

My point is that if goverment ,in order to ensure that Art 370 to be effective, has to become a ruthless Hindu government; Why do it in a half-arsed manner? Either do not disturb status-quo, or go full Isabella ferdinand on muslim's arse. Either GoI should go whole hog and convert Kashmir at Gunpoint or expel muslims to Pakistan, or simply shut up and enjoy status-quo, while silently chipping away at Art 370. Muzzies do not have any leader after Geelani, who would die in few months.I do not think that benefits of removing Art 370 justify the trouble we would have to court.

@SarthakGanguly what are your views on this matter.

@Soumitra

It is ridiculously easy for a state to change the demographics of a region. Overnight.

Ask Pakistan in GB.

Ask China in Tibet.

India is trying to prove a point, has been trying to do so. But I'm afraid after Col. Rai's death, the Army's patience is fast running out.

The Kashmiri muslim is living on borrowed time now. He will either need to shape up. Or he will be washed away in a storm from mainland India.

Back
Top Bottom