What's new

Army warns against further attempt to vandalise security installations

Time for warnings and threats is long passed and only you are responsible for it. Nobody else. You removed your own respect from our hearts, nobody did that for you. Pakistanis loved you and you took that love for granted. YOu have been involved in activities beyond your jurisdiction and have been doing so since Pakistan's inception. You lost half the country because of that involvement in matters you neither had any understanding of nor the mandate to interfere. Today what you see is your own doing and Pakistanis are now fully awake and understand who has been behind Pakistan's misery all these years.
But it seems you have not learned your lesson and you are still hell-bent on turning Pakistan into another Syria or Lybia. Your tone isn't reconciliatory, instead, you are again threatening the very same people who make the foundation of Pakistan, because of whom you exist in the first place.
Do not warn us, do not threaten us, do not interfere in matters that the constitution does not allow you to. If not i am afraid this was merely a trailer and next time would be even more disastrous God forbid.

Suddenly these pajeets are now army supporters. :lol:
Current situation/state of affairs notwithstanding, we always were.

not "supporters" per se

but we've known for a while where the real power lies

now with the facade fallen, its best we just move fwd like nothing happened and try make some real progress.

This is my point, they are coming into every thread and posting "Pak Fauj Jindabad" and other associated nonsense. In the words of one famous Indian:
I don't write that . I prefer not write any degrading sarcastic or mean stuff if I can help it
This is literally the first page on dawn the first news and it's all over twitter
This thread is on that news the news on dawn is only 1 hr ago

In short I don't troll

I don't know much about Pakistan politics and I have no stake in the infighting

Last edited:
Every political camp in Pakistan has skeletons in its closet.

Protesting outside state institutions is understandable.
But assaulting state institutions?

PML(N) supporters assaulted Supreme Court.
PTI supporters assaulted GHQ and military infrastructure.

What's next?
Which military infrastructure did they assault?

all this mess predates current COAS then why he is responsible for every thing based on only smear campaign of IK. IK Govt was toppled due to infighting of IK and His Papa (Bajwa) and Murshid (Faiz) which resulted in their sworn enemy (PDM) in power. what i am missing here. does IK want current COAS to bring him in power by force or martial law he is beyond any logic.
Abay tum support kis ko kartay ho?

He should resign and hope for mercy. Right now he is setting himself for court martial.
Napak general has set the whole country ablaze, he should be tried for treason.
Instead of becoming Pakistan's maama while sitting abroad, why don't you try to become good general's sala or susar. I am sure your request will then have a better chance. After all, most of Imr****es follow that approach.

487251_5892131_updates.jpg

• “Military won’t tolerate further attempt of violating installations’ security.”
  • COAS sensitised the officers about the information warfare challenges.
  • Gen Munir visited the Corps Headquarters Peshawar: ISPR.

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir has vowed to bring to justice all the planners, abettors, instigators and executors of vandalism on the ‘Black Day’ of May 9 — when the country witnessed violent protests following the arrest of former prime minister Imran Khan.

"The armed forces will not tolerate any further attempt of violating the sanctity and security of its installations or vandalism and resolved to bring to justice all the planners, abettors, instigators and “executors of vandalism on the Black Day of 9th May," the army chief said.

COAS Gen Munir's comments came as he visited the Corps Headquarters Peshawar, according to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) released Saturday.

COAS General Syed Asim Munir (top left) addresses army officers at the Corps Headquarters Peshawar, on May 13, 2023. — ISPR
COAS General Syed Asim Munir (top left) addresses army officers at the Corps Headquarters Peshawar, on May 13, 2023. — ISPR
The PTI chief's arrest on May 9 in the Al-Qadir Trust case triggered violent protests from the party workers who damaged public properties and attacked military installations, including the Lahore Corps Commander House and the General Headquarters (GHQ).

During the days-long violent protests, at least 10 people were killed and dozens of others sustained injuries with the internet services remaining suspended for over 72 hours.

Following the protests, the armed forces said that May 9, 2023, would go down in history as a "dark chapter".

In a statement, the ISPR had said after the PTI chief’s arrest from the Islamabad High Court on National Accountability Bureau’s orders, a “well-thought-out plan” was witnessed in which the army was targeted.

The ISPR called the PTI leaders “hypocrites” for inciting their workers against the armed forces on the one hand, and other, they were praising the military — in a bid to overshadow their criticism.

In today’s engagement with military men, the COAS addressed the officers of the corps and emphasised the evolving threats to national security.

“We shall continue with our endeavours of peace and stability and there will be no room for spoilers of the process,” the COAS was quoted as saying.

The ISPR said the army chief also sensitised the officers about the challenges of information warfare and efforts to create misperceptions.

He highlighted that a concerted effort is being made maliciously by inimical elements to target the armed forces.

He pledged that such nefarious attempts will be foiled with the support of the people of Pakistan.

During the visit, Gen Munir was also given a detailed briefing on the prevailing security situation and ongoing counter-terrorism efforts.

He appreciated the professional competence, performance and achievements of law enforcement agencies in the ongoing fight against terrorism.

Rs200,000 bounty announced for aiding in arrest of Lahore Corps Commander House attackers

The Government of Punjab Saturday announced handing out Rs200,000 to people who help authorities in arresting the suspects who vandalised Lahore Corps Commander House (or Jinnah House).

The province's home department also shared the photos of the vandals and asked the public to help law enforcers track them down, noting that the identity of the informants would be kept confidential.

Violent protests took place following Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan’s arrest, in which nearly a dozen people were killed and several injured.

Khan criticised the military and his supporters raised the stakes by attacking military targets — torching the residence of the corps commander in Lahore and attacking the entrance to the army’s headquarters in Rawalpindi.

Lahore Corps Commander House (or Jinnah House), which was set afire by supporters of former prime minister Imran Khan during a protest against his arrest, in Lahore, on May 9, 2023. — Reuters
Lahore Corps Commander House (or Jinnah House), which was set afire by supporters of former prime minister Imran Khan during a protest against his arrest, in Lahore, on May 9, 2023. — Reuters
After the supporters attacked army installations, the ISPR said that May 9, 2023 — the day when chaos gripped the nation following Khan's arrest — would go down in history as a "dark chapter".

The ISPR called the PTI leaders “hypocrites” for inciting their workers against the armed forces on the one hand, and praising the military — in a bid to overshadow their criticism — on the other.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif earlier today directed the Punjab government to move swiftly and arrest the vandals within 72 hours.

"I have given law enforcement apparatus a target of 72 hours to arrest all those involved in facilitating, abetting and perpetrating the disgraceful incidents of arson, ransacking, sabotage & damaging public & private properties,” the PM said after chairing a meeting at the Punjab Safe City Authority Headquarters in Lahore.

He said that all available resources including technological aid and intelligence are being deployed to chase down these elements.

"Bringing these people to justice is a test case for the government. Their cases will be tried by the anti-terrorism courts," he said, adding that such kind of terrorism is unacceptable.

Oh ohhh looks like more than 70% of Pakistan is in trouble now….

Back
Top Bottom