What's new

Army declines troops for election duty

Jokes on us if we still think they are nokar.
yup...
I think the president should then ask UN for help.. I mean we are begging for money, why not beg UN troops for security? and peaceful elections!

Murad saeed was yelling from his lungs to tighten the security but no one listened. Then we sent our troops fro FIFA. But now, we cannot do it here.

We always think we can manage the menace. Following the US, we burnt our own home unnecessarily, thinking we can manage later.

PMLN won't be happy but Bhai ya tu huga atleast you will get Punjab.

PPPP south Punjab and Sindh and parts of KP

Maulana to keep PPP in check via KP seats
PML N in Punjab

KP is interesting still debate going on what to do..my opinion is that thedebates is wether to give govt to mualana or PTI.

Ultimately it will mualana (ANP+PPPP+Mualana) in KP but weak govt to keep PTI happy.. problem is the minimum they need to keep PTI in check is KP govt

No EVMS or monitoring. This election will be fixed. Its going to be Bilawal isn't it. Another lost decade. This is getting ridiculous.
So many lost decades, so much precious time lost where we could have fruitful development and reforms.

It's sad and pathetic.

Youthiyas are literally so paranoid.
I want martial law lowkey, not like these rètarded politicians will do anything special during their tenure and I want to live through a marshal Law at least for a while

So many lost decades, so much precious time lost where we could have fruitful development and reforms.

It's sad and pathetic.

I want martial law lowkey, not like these rètarded politicians will do anything special during their tenure and I want to live through a marshal Law at least for a while

Whilst Martial Law can get things done, it will simply eradicate the already-endangered value of the Constitution entirely.
The rule of law and everything on its level will be gone, and there will be no hope of its retrieval, ever. Pakistan will truly be history

Also, can it be guaranteed that the Martial Law Administrator is actually competent?

I do not feel that Martial Law is a good idea, especially at the moment.

Don't u guys have para military forces? In India during election, Election commission takes over every 1. Police & paramilitary is used heavily in troubled areas, or on check points to search vehicles for money, liquor etc.

Don't u guys have para military forces? In India during election, Election commission takes over every 1. Police & paramilitary is used heavily in troubled areas, or on check points to search vehicles for money, liquor etc.

Mainly just the Frontier Constabulary and Rangers, which is only limited to KPK, Sindh and Balochistan.
This means that they can't properly be used, since the most populous region is Punjab

@Olympus81 I Was reading that lol

Mainly just the Frontier Constabulary and Rangers, which is only limited to KPK, Sindh and Balochistan.
This means that they can't properly be used, since the most populous region is Punjab

@Olympus81 I Was reading that lol
Punjab has rangers. But manpower might be a concern

No public dept can/has ever declined a lawful executive order except the army. Isn't it kinda blackmailing the state ?
At the cost of being the devils advocate, the Army did give their own rationale which makes sense if one looks past the fog of anti-Army sentiments. The Army has stated they are heavily committed in anti-terror ops with a resurgent TTP (that is true), the will be committed in the upcoming census (that is true again). They have however agreed to provide tier 3 response forces (tier 1 being police on the actual ballot stations, tier 2 being the paramilitary and 3 being the Army itself). Also, even if presumably the Army agreed to pull the majority of their weight during the elections like it has done numerous times the losing party would have accused it of rigging the entire process. For the longest time I can remember people accused it of doing the same because they were at the polling stations and said they shouldn’t be anywhere near them for a free and fair election, now that they have agreed to that demand they are claiming that they are refusing the government. It’s a lose lose situation for them.

No institution , no department can deny the orders of election commission to facilitating the elections , if they do they will be directly booked under article 220 for abrogating the constitution , fawad chahudery makes clear to every one

Article 220. Executive authorities to assist Commission, etc.-It shall be the duty of all executive authorities in the Federation and in the provinces to assist the Commissioner and the Election Commission in the discharge of his or their functions.

At the cost of being the devils advocate, the Army did give their own rationale which makes sense if one looks past the fog of anti-Army sentiments. The Army has stated they are heavily committed in anti-terror ops with a resurgent TTP (that is true), the will be committed in the upcoming census (that is true again). They have however agreed to provide tier 3 response forces (tier 1 being police on the actual ballot stations, tier 2 being the paramilitary and 3 being the Army itself). Also, even if presumably the Army agreed to pull the majority of their weight during the elections like it has done numerous times the losing party would have accused it of rigging the entire process. For the longest time I can remember people accused it of doing the same because they were at the polling stations and said they shouldn’t be anywhere near them for a free and fair election, now that they have agreed to that demand they are claiming that they are refusing the government. It’s a lose lose situation for them.
Yes. I don't think they are refusing for the same reason as the police (at the behest of PDM to delay elections). It's a genuine concern, this time.

They should sit this one out. Elections are going to be rigged anyway. They shouldn't get involved.

It's sad and pathetic.

Martial law under compromised gernails… really….

Back
Top Bottom