What's new

Argentina Rejects American, Russian & Indian Jets Selects JF-17

Skoda makes some quality cars tho recently in European market their value vs kit included in package is very good.
He missed my point which was in reply to someone putting soda down and instead went to a long post on fighter aircraft. I have no idea why?

UK has a squadron of Eurofighters at Mount Pleasant airbase in Falkland Islands. They constructed this airfield after 1982 war.

Argentina lost a war close to its shores. It had already captured the Islands. It was not able to hold on its own territory in face of an expeditionary force shows how bad their training is.

UK does not seem pleased with this development but Argentina doesnt possess a capable military force. I will still say UK has upper hand.

Argentina have full right to build up their Airforce the issue between England-Argentina is past , happened long time ago

UK operates tremendously large number of birds , I don't think they should feel intimidated by few planes Argentina is buying for their minimum needs

• Pakistan-Argentina deal , done :pakistan: :china:

• Pakistan - Venezuela deal , should have been done

• Pakistan - Iran deal , we missed out on it could have sold 100 Jets

• Pakistan - Libya deal , we missed out on it could have sold 200-300 Jets

• Pakistan - Syria deal , could be done for 100 Jets , since Israel has supplied India with Awacs

Pakistan being a polite country , has not made many business deals which could have happened

Last edited:
UK has a squadron of Eurofighters at Mount Pleasant airbase in Falkland Islands. They constructed this airfield after 1982 war.

Argentina lost a war close to its shores. It had already captured the Islands. It was not able to hold on its own territory in face of an expeditionary force shows how bad their training is.

UK does not seem pleased with this development but Argentina doesnt possess a capable military force. I will still say UK has upper hand.

It's only 4 Eurofighters. But there is a Airdefence unit there. I have read some excellent books about it and the defence force only has to hold out 24-48 hours. By that time the fast reaction units will arrive (Full squadron of Typhoons) and UK quick reaction units (Via C17)

The Argentines at this point wouldn't even have the means to successfully land troops quickly (they would have to use civilian ships) and have no navy to speak of.

This isn't even mentioned in UK media so its not even considered that much of a threat yet.

Argentina has no plans to even try and threaten the UK. You don’t do that with 12 aircraft When your enemy has 2 carriers with F35s and EF typhoons on the ground.
These are just to fill Argentina’s own defense needs as they have basically no fighters available at the moment.

So UK can sell every weapon of war to India fir being used against Pakistan, but Pakistan shouldn't sell JF-17 to Argentina.
😅😅

F-17s are short ranged fighters, they can't carry a combat payload to the Falklands. They have less range than the A-4 Skyhawks and Mirage IIIs that the Argies used in the Falklands war.

What JF-17s accomplish, however, is fix Argentina's problem that its two largest land neighbours have significantly more advanced air forces than Argentina has.

F-17s are short ranged fighters, they can't carry a combat payload to the Falklands. They have less range than the A-4 Skyhawks and Mirage IIIs that the Argies used in the Falklands war.

What JF-17s accomplish, however, is fix Argentina's problem that its two largest land neighbours have significantly more advanced air forces than Argentina has.
This is correct, even if they could reach the Falklands, it’d be suicide To send them there without any supporting elements like AWACS, EW, SAM coverage from ships etc.

The JF-17s and Argentina's other recent purchases like their corvettes from France are simply to cover its own basic defense needs, since it has absolutely nothing operational right now.

Argentina MoD Denies Selecting Chinese-Pakistani J-F 17 Fighter Jet
This is false, they have not denied it, I already see Indians jumping up and down everywhere without reading what they said.

The Argentinian MoD clarified that they had not yet purchased ANY aircraft of ANY origin because at the moment the only thing they have done is requested Their government to include 664 million USD in 2022s budget for fighter aircraft. They needed to clarify this because Argentinian and other media was reporting that the AAF had already ordered JF-17. Which is false.

It is already shown and confirmed that they want JF-17. But this doesn’t mean that they will get them.
That is only possible IF their government clears the budget. if the government gives them less money, they will look for an alternative, like a trainer, if they don’t get any money at all, they don’t buy anything.

This is why I was asking the Pakistanis to wait as well, instead of celebrating prematurely, just because they’ve said they want the JF, doesn’t mean we’ve made a sale, it has many hurdles to jump through. And given AAF has literally no other option for a fighter (the US F-16s are not the ideal option imo, given it will piss off UK immensely, US’ closest ally), I believe they will get JF, but if they don’t get the money or the clearance from their government, the only realistic option for them is a trainer aircraft like JL-10 or maybe F-16s IF The UK is okay with US selling them.

Argentina have full right to build up their Airforce the issue between England-Argentina is past , happened long time ago

UK operates tremendously large number of birds , I don't think they should feel intimidated by few planes Argentina is buying for their minimum needs

• Pakistan-Argentina deal , done :pakistan: :china:

• Pakistan - Venezuela deal , should have been done

• Pakistan - Iran deal , we missed out on it could have sold 100 Jets

• Pakistan - Libya deal , we missed out on it could have sold 200-300 Jets

• Pakistan - Syria deal , could be done for 100 Jets , since Israel has supplied India with Awacs

Pakistan being a polite country , has not made many business deals which could have happened
And of course why stop there :D
Ultimately USA 1000 jets...

s.
Nope thats not true. plus they have stand off weapons
This is false, they have not denied it, I already see Indians jumping up and down everywhere without reading what they said.

The Argentinian MoD clarified that they had not yet purchased ANY aircraft of ANY origin because at the moment the only thing they have done is requested Their government to include 664 million USD in 2022s budget for fighter aircraft. They needed to clarify this because Argentinian and other media was reporting that the AAF had already ordered JF-17. Which is false.

It is already shown and confirmed that they want JF-17. But this doesn’t mean that they will get them.
That is only possible IF their government clears the budget. if the government gives them less money, they will look for an alternative, like a trainer, if they don’t get any money at all, they don’t buy anything.

This is why I was asking the Pakistanis to wait as well, instead of celebrating prematurely, just because they’ve said they want the JF, doesn’t mean we’ve made a sale, it has many hurdles to jump through. And given AAF has literally no other option for a fighter (the US F-16s are not the ideal option imo, given it will piss off UK immensely, US’ closest ally), I believe they will get JF, but if they don’t get the money or the clearance from their government, the only realistic option for them is a trainer aircraft like JL-10 or maybe F-16s IF The UK is okay with US selling them.
Lockheed have been shilling hard for the F16 for a while. I know a lot of people think they won't want to offend the UK but the US has always had ties with Argentina. IIRC they were not happy with the airframes they were offered last time. I still think the F16 will appear at a very good price for Argentina. This will be the US countering the Chinese influence. But time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom