What's new

Argentina negotiates JF-17 fighters without anti-ship missiles

• 50 % of money from the deal
  • Pakistani pilots will train Argentina airforce for JF17 its tactics and mission capabilities ( that depends on the deal)
  • As Argentina is not buying aircraft in major numbers so i dont think there will be any major TOT deal

50% of the profit would make sense

The state of the Argentinian economy is really bad. I don't think they can afford or want first world fighters for cost reasons. This is a great boon for economical yet competent suppliers like Pakistan. But quality has to be high and after sales support has to be good. Otherwise reputation will take a hit.

Witness the sale of the Indian ALH helis to the Ecuadorian Air Force. Four out of seven supplied has already crashed and now the EAF grounded the entire fleet. HAL also had to underprice the ALH by INR 520 million to win the EAF tender and thereby (I believe) take a loss.

Parrikar defends Dhruv helo after Ecuador crash - IHS Jane's 360

The hope was to gain new sales ground even at the cost of profit . The result was total financial loss and then a bad reputation and negative publicity to boot.

Granted there was probably conspiracy by the first world aerospace majors. Or Indian spares were sub-par.

Whatever the reason the lesson is clear. Approach these new product areas carefully. Especially where you are treading upon existing markets of first world manufacturers. You step on their tail - they will recoil and bite you like a rattlesnake.

And attacking Malvinas is a pipe-dream. You need money to wage a war. Argentina doesn't have any.

One last note - don't ship products on credit to a bankrupt country. :laugh:

Hi
Pakistan itself buying it in soft loans i think..
Onus will be on China, if they can finance the sale, at a term that Argentina can manage..
Clearly China has said, anti naval competent will be excluded to not to antagonize UK, however it may added on any time.

soft loans to a serial defaulter ... hope china had succeed where the Western powers failed

Back
Top Bottom