What's new

Argentina chooses second hand Kfir over JF-17, Gripen.

What could be the cost of second hand Kfir as compared to a brand new JF-17 ?

I dont know how reliable this is but as per wiki the unit cost for a kfir is $4-5 million. This is probably without upgrades.

Can anyone clarify whether Elta Systems EL/M-2032 is an AESA or a Pulse Doppler Radar? Last time I checked it was a Pulse Doppler radar. Has this changed?

Poor Argentina. Why not just save your little money for your economy? You were never a match for us. Falkland is going nowhere. Except we decide miraculously to give it to you out of pity/goodwill. So argentina ought to be pleading us/negotiate for a joint ownership/resource exploitation, not trying to act tough, since that will lead her nowhere.:D
JF 17 or even J10A were never a match for our typhoons anyway, so better argentina saves its money.:pop:

List of 6 British Ships Sunk During the Falklands War
By Argentinan Esocet missile & Airforce.

1- HMS Sheffield By Argentinan Exocet missile killed 20 crewmen (On May 4,1982).

2- HMS Ardent A Type 21 Frigate By Nine Bombs dropped by the Argentine Air Force (May 21, 1982).

3- HMS Antelope A Type 21 Frigate by Argentine Skyhawks on May 23. A 1000 pound bomb.

4- HMS Coventry A Type 42 Destroyer On May 25, attack by Skyhawks. sank north of the Pebble Island.
5- SS Atlantic Conveyor container ship On May 25, she was struck by two Exocet missiles launched by Super Etendard fighter. killing 12 crewmen. Of one Lynx, six Wessex and five Chinook helicopters on board, only one Chinook survived.

6- RFA Sir Galahad the Round Table class LSL ship it was attacked by Argentine Skyhawks. killing 48 crewmen and soldiers.

List of 6 British Ships Sunk During the Falklands War
By Argentinan Esocet missile & Airforce.

1- HMS Sheffield By Argentinan Exocet missile killed 20 crewmen (On May 4,1982).

2- HMS Ardent A Type 21 Frigate By Nine Bombs dropped by the Argentine Air Force (May 21, 1982).

3- HMS Antelope A Type 21 Frigate by Argentine Skyhawks on May 23. A 1000 pound bomb.

4- HMS Coventry A Type 42 Destroyer On May 25, attack by Skyhawks. sank north of the Pebble Island.
5- SS Atlantic Conveyor container ship On May 25, she was struck by two Exocet missiles launched by Super Etendard fighter. killing 12 crewmen. Of one Lynx, six Wessex and five Chinook helicopters on board, only one Chinook survived.

6- RFA Sir Galahad the Round Table class LSL ship it was attacked by Argentine Skyhawks. killing 48 crewmen and soldiers.

Ahahaha....and so? You want me to post Argentina's casualties ?lol

Moreover you do know that we were fighting tens of thousands miles away from our home soil/neighbourhood by the other side of the ocean right? How many countries even today have the capabilities to fight a war the other side of the sea miles away from their neighbourhood and emerge victorious? I can count them on my finger tips i.e only Great Britain, U.S, France and Russia(4 of the P5 Powers) have so far proven they can fight a war far away from their neighbourhood.

So chill, falklands isn't going anywhere unless we decide to give them to argentina out of pity. If they are tough let them dare invade it again and let's see what happens(maybe this time around our challenger tanks might end up in Buenos Aires.lol), never mind that we will be fighting them in their own neighbourhood/shores.:D Lool

Last edited:
i think the kfir is a stop gap. Argentina is also buying p18 ships. Argentina will not annoy china by not buying its products. the Argentinian pm was A*S licking the Chinese president just for investment. Argentina will get the jf17 eventually. if not they can wave goodbye to some Chinese investment. you need to give to get
also the kfir is based on the mirage 5 which Argentina already has so maintenance on the kfir will not be an issue as they can cannibalise some parts for maintenance. so the kfir is a good decision, but the jf17 will sure complement it very well.
China, Argentina set for defence collaboration, Malvinas-class OPV deal - IHS Jane's 360
JF17 is much better fighter jet and can challenge 4.5 gen fighter jets if it is in hands of an expert fighter pilot. The few issues making it look lesser capable are speed,Irst and AESA which when addressed in Block -III at least in defensive role it shall effectively counter even Typhoons if chosen by Arg.

JF17 is much better fighter jet and can challenge 4.5 gen fighter jets if it is in hands of an expert fighter pilot. The few issues making it look lesser capable are speed,Irst and AESA which when addressed in Block -III at least in defensive role it shall effectively counter even Typhoons if chosen by Arg.

Ahahahaha........ Jf17 shall effectively counter Typhoons?:rofl: Good joke dude. :partay:

Ahahaha....and so? You want me to post Argentina's casualties ?lol

Moreover you do know that we were fighting tens of thousands miles away from our home soil/neighbourhood by the other side of the ocean right? How many countries even today have the capabilities to fight a war the other side of the sea miles away from their neighbourhood and emerge victorious? I can count them on my finger tips i.e only Great Britain, U.S, France and Russia(4 of the P5 Powers) have so far proven they can fight a war far away from their neighbourhood.

So chill, falklands isn't going anywhere unless we decide to give them to argentina out of pity. If they are tough let them dare invade it again and let's see what happens(maybe this time around our challenger tanks might end up in Buenos Aires.lol), never mind that we will be fighting them in their own neighbourhood/shores.:D Lool
Attack on The ARAGeneral Belgrano was War Crime ???
Sunk in 1982 by HMS Conqueror the loss of 323 lives. Losses from General Belgrano ...:D

JF17 is much better fighter jet and can challenge 4.5 gen fighter jets if it is in hands of an expert fighter pilot.

Let me complete the sentence for you, "and only Pakistan has that type of expert pilots in the whole world and thats why only Pakistan has JF-17".

Argentina despite having one of the strongest and lucrative agricultural sector in the world has declared bankruptcy 7 times
it's largely due to poor management
their military is virtually non existent and has made poor choices time and again

Let me complete the sentence for you, "and only Pakistan has that type of expert pilots in the whole world and thats why only Pakistan has JF-17".
yes because the first operator is PAF and JFT is made according to PAF desire design and first of all PAF are replacing its old fleet with JFT and PAC is working for enhancing its production for export.

Please keep in mind that this comes at a time when the UK and China are signing deals with each other and are on generally-good terms. This turn of events has more to do with politics than technical capability/feasibility.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom