What's new

Are these Indian personalities as well know in Iran as this article claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i just came back from Morocco. Over there, I saw people there too in love with Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan. I met few people who were actually learning Hindi!

Some movies of India are quite popular. I have many turkish frends they liked some of the Indian movies after i asked them to watch. However some disliked saying "They suddenly start dancing in Indian movies!!!!"

But tendency is more girls like Indian movies than boys. I dont know why.

Yoga is not a hindu thing. Anybody can do it, many muslims do it too. Most yoga centers here are run by christians (obviously).
Just like kung fu is not exactly buddism.

About movies, I will prefer Iranian over Indian if watching alone, but for fun/casual viewing bollywood is good.

Yoga is not a hindu thing. Anybody can do it, many muslims do it too. Most yoga centers here are run by christians (obviously).
Just like kung fu is not exactly buddism.

About movies, I will prefer Iranian over Indian if watching alone, but for fun/casual viewing bollywood is good.

In fact Iranians are brilliant in movies. Won so many awards.

Just like kung fu is not exactly buddism......

Yoga is definitely a HINDU thing.....but not restricted to Hinduism....

As you said, "anybody can do it".......but to reap the benefit of YOGA fully and to do it correctly one needs to learn and understand some HINDU concepts.....
So anybody with less prejudices can delve into it.....but practicing YOGA won't make someone HINDU ofcourse....

Actually i just came back from Morocco. Over there, I saw people there too in love with Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan. I met few people who were actually learning Hindi!

Sharukh khan... really !!

Unlike Pakistan most Islamic nations are not that delusional to think that Yoga is something which is haram or Hindus pray to stones.For a better understanding of what Hinduism is one should watch these videos:.

The thread is about Iran, but these Indians can't stop bringing Pakistanis into each n every thread. Who told u that Pakistanhi consider Yoga as haram? My Mom performs Yoga almost everyday. R u that stupid that u come here just to stereotype all Pakistanis.

Yes Yoga is quite popular amongst the middle/upper class women in Iran. Even some men.
Yoga is famous world over dude and there is a reason for that.. Btw, your name Pahelvan is similar to how wrestlers are called in India "Pehelwan"

And I was also pleasantly surprised to know that some of the Iranian cities ends with Pore and some Iranians have "pore" in their middle or last names.. Just so that you know pore is similar to "pur" which in sanskrit means city..

Many cities in India are named like Rampur, Kanpur, Nagpur, Udaipur etc.. I didn't knew anyone at least in Iran would be using the word..

Yoga is famous world over dude and there is a reason for that.. Btw, your name Pahelvan is similar to how wrestlers are called in India "Pehelwan"

Thats because Pahlevan is an Iranian word and sport. It even spread to India.

And I was also pleasantly surprised to know that some of the Iranian cities ends with Pore and some Iranians have "pore" in their middle or last names.. Just so that you know pore is similar to "pur" which in sanskrit means city..

You mean ''pour''? In Iranian it means 'born of'. Just like Johansson means the 'son of Johan'.

yoga as i know it, or the yoga i have been exposed to....is just a set of exercises, whats the problem with that?
Vatican's chief exorcist thinks it is satanic because it may lead to believe in hinduism. :)

Vatican's chief exorcist thinks it is satanic because it may lead to believe in hinduism. :)
Now drag Christians into it...:flame:
any link??
keep RSS propaganda to yourself...

Iran's fastest-growing faith seems to be Hinduism of the New-Age guru variety. (Buddhism comes a close second). Sathya Sai Baba, Rajneesh, Mahesh Yogi and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar are familiar figures in middle class drawing rooms. For many in the elite, Yoga is far more important than Haj.

Funny stuff! :rofl:

Actually anything indian is popular in pakistan especially among its female population...be its culture, films,clothes,cosmetics, etc pakistani's here can't deny that...

Yoga is definitely a HINDU thing.....but not restricted to Hinduism....

As you said, "anybody can do it".......but to reap the benefit of YOGA fully and to do it correctly one needs to learn and understand some HINDU concepts.....
So anybody with less prejudices can delve into it.....but practicing YOGA won't make someone HINDU ofcourse....

yoga is not only a hindu thing....it is Hinduism,Buddhism,Sikhism and Jainism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom