What's new

Are India's Railway engines indigenous?

@gslv mk3

Why don't we replace the foreign traction motors with the ones produced by BHEL then?

@jarver I'm sorry brother. xTra is the buffoon. I apologize sincerely :)

WAP 5 was imported in 1995.

So?Not much happened in this field ( conventional rail ) in these years.An

Why don't we replace the foreign traction motors with the ones produced by BHEL then?

They are getting in this field,would have to work their way into developing 1000HP + traction motors.BHEL,Kirloskar & CLW are already manufacturing ones of Hitachi/ABB design.

Great find @glsv mk3 you always come to rescue.Are you satisfied now??? @@TimeToScoot

Not really. Specifications would matter. We have a microprocessor as well but that it's processing speed is only 100 MHz.

They are getting in this field,would have to work their way into developing 1000HP + traction motors.BHEL,Kirloskar & CLW are already manufacturing ones of Hitachi/ABB design.

In progress.

Looks like @he-man created a new account .

I don't know who this is. I usually browse this forum for defense news. I saw a post on the AIT and had much to say on the topic so created an account today.

I can bet even if he knows the meaning of traction motors. :lol::lol:

If you're referring to me, no, I don't know what exactly a traction motor is. It's quite irrelevant though.

If you're referring to me, no, I don't know what exactly a traction motor is. It's quite irrelevant though.
Nah i was reffering to that Chini troll.

Anyway these are the things required for making a railway locomotive.

Electric Locomotive Glossary

Now out of these things just Using Mistubishi's traction motor(manufactured in India) which will be replaced by indigenous one wont make the engine foreign.

Some more Indian companies......

Traction Motors For Railways Manufacturers, Traction Motors For Railways Exporters, India

@kurup @gslv mk3 @chak de INDIA

Now out of these things just Using Mistubishi's traction motor(manufactured in India) which will be replaced by indigenous one wont make the engine foreign.

I read in one of the links you shared that traction motors is the most critical technology in a locomotive. If this is still in development we should refrain from labeling our engines as indigenous. I didn't by any means imply that we don't have technology. We do and our capabilities are gradually increasing. But other nations like China and South Korea are moving at a much faster pace. We ought to catch up.

I read in one of the links you shared that traction motors is the most critical technology in a locomotive. If this is still in development we should refrain from labeling our engines as indigenous. I didn't by any means imply that we don't have technology. We do and our capabilities are gradually increasing. But other nations like China and South Korea are moving at a much faster pace. We ought to catch up.
Completely agreed with you,By the way China also uses other's traction motors.

Create a thread in Member's introduction and introduce yourself. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom