What's new

Arabs slam Pak stand on Yemen and Call on Pakistani Parliament to Fall in Line

Hi,
but havent the contingent arrived already ?? Plus you have everything yoiu need.

Top notch equipments, willing people to fight. We will be always with you in spirit and if god forbids anything happens, i can promise you the first you will get will be from us. Its about time that the arabian leopard shows its claws
its just sending a political message. as he said if pakistan send 1000 men and 2 or 3 ships and 10 jets it wont destroy pakistan or harm it in any way. plus im sure gulf countries will cover the cost.

Sensible post.
I am ashamed to see fellow Pakistanis exaggerating Gwadar--especially against Dubai. How deluded.
And, yes, Pakistan currently does have better relations with GCC but I don't think relations with Iran are all that bad either: Partly because of American sanctions and partly because of commercial interests Pakistan downplays its relations with Iran. But the fact is that the nonsense of Cha Bahar vs Gwadar or Pushtuns vs non Pashtuns in Afghanistan are non-sense. Pakistan and Iran are natural allies. Neighborhood is very important.

Good decision by Pak and Turkey to try to stay neutral and try to defuse the situation. Perhaps, because of their neutrality, they can better convince Iran and KSA to pull back from a disaster.

As to the UAE minister--well, we can't take one junior minister's statement too seriously at this point.

People are too emotional. This news is not even confirmed. It could be Twitter ramblings too. Even if true then this person is not a decision maker. UAE are not run by idiots. They actually have one of the best leaders in the Muslim world and believe when I say that most Muslim states would like to have such visionary leaders with such big ambitions.

Fact is that KSA (GCC) and Pakistan enjoy a special relationship that will endure. This is not going to harm anything. I am sure that it will be sorted out and talked about very closely.

KSA, GCC and the Arab world never objected to Pakistan having relations with Iran. Believe it or not but the Arab world and Iran have relations too, including GCC. So whatever benefits Pakistan vis-a-vis Iran you should do. It's the same when we do business with India. It's not to harm Pakistan but just how states act in the 21st century.

Um. No you're not. Not even close. Turkey is...by a huge margin.
Debatable. Highly debatable. They're economically stronger and Turkey's conventional forces are slightly larger, but they don't have Nukes. Not so huge of a margin.
Any way, there's no point in this 'strongest Muslim country' title, it doesn't mean anything if countries don't take initiative.

plus im sure gulf countries will cover the cost[/QUOTE]
Hi,
the very typical bedouin attitude, You can buy anything right?

then go and by yourself new army, you dont need us, coz yiu can buy army!
oh wait i forgot you cant buy any army now can ya US has left you for good in this Shia-sunni shit war

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) protect us from devil, Ameen.

Not really, there is not harm between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, where have you been in last 12 years when Pakistan was in war on terrorism??

We know Arab can handle easily on Yemen, no worry. We just focus on our home first and try to improve the situations, can you help us?
saudi was always backing you up we never ever left pakistan alone. in some years pakistan was the number one country saudi is financing. specially in the years of war and fighting terror.

The question is here for those who oppose sending for instance 1000 Pakistan troops to Yemen because "Arabs never helped Pakistan" (which is a giant lie and total nonsense and disrespectful), has Pakistan ever asked for Arab soldiers to be deployed in Pakistan?

Can it have something to do with Pakistan having a 8-9 times bigger population than KSA, being at war for 70 straight years and thus being more experienced and battle-hardened, having very good mountain troops etc.? Similar to how KSA is superior economically and thus helps Pakistan on this front? Have people ever wondered about this?

So no it's not about "not being able to". It's all about political signals. Anyway let us see.

But Pakistan is supposed to stand behind KSA given the history and close relations. Sending 1000 troops would not hurt a country of 200 million people! It's about political signals. This is no joke. The region is on fire and the Houthi's have openly proclaimed that they want to conquer Makkah and Madinah. They are a dangerous terror cult.

I think what people keep on missing is that the resolution isn't a 'one-liner' but a 12 point resolution where points 5, 7 and 8 talk about resolving this conflict peacefully as it may plunge the entire region into turmoil and to that end, to facilitate and mediate a peaceful resolution, we'd like to be neutral.

But the point that people ignore is point 10 which reads: (Pakistan) Expresses unequivocal support for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and affirms that in case of any violation of its territorial integrity or any threat to Haramain Sharifain, Pakistan will stand shoulder to shoulder with Saudi Arabia and its people.

Source: Parliament decides to remain neutral in Saudi-led Yemen war - The Express Tribune

So its not just neutrality....its a bit more than that.

Yes, it's all about political will and geopolitics. This is not about KSA, Ali Abdullah Saleh and Houthi's anymore. Most powers are involved now. Regional and non-regional.

But Pakistan is supposed to stand behind KSA given the history and close relations. Sending 1000 troops would not hurt a country of 200 million people! It's about political signals. This is no joke. The region is on fire and the Houthi's have openly proclaimed that they want to conquer Makkah and Madinah. They are a dangerous terror cult.
Besides the scare mongering do you have any proof that they stated such a thing?

Fact is that KSA (GCC) and Pakistan enjoy a special relationship that will endure. This is not going to harm anything. I am sure that it will be sorted out and talked about very closely.
You are right, the Arab and Pakistani leaderships aren't so emotional as to throw away that much co-operation over this disagreement.

plus im sure gulf countries will cover the cost
Hi,

oh wait i forgot you cant buy any army now can ya US has left you for good in this Shia-sunni shit war[/QUOTE]
have you got mental problems or are you an idiot ?! its not a secret that saudi is helping pakistan economically. whats wrong in that ?! moving armies isnt cheep!! so why is this an insult to you when i say gulf countries will cover the cost ?!

The question is here for those who oppose sending for instance 1000 Pakistan troops to Yemen because "Arabs never helped Pakistan" (which is a giant lie and total nonsense and disrespectful), has Pakistan ever asked for Arab soldiers to be deployed in Pakistan?

Can it have something to do with Pakistan having a 8-9 times bigger population than KSA, being at war for 70 straight years and thus being more experienced and battle-hardened, having very good mountain troops etc.? Similar to how KSA is superior economically and thus helps Pakistan on this front? Have people ever wondered about this?

So no it's not about "not being able to". It's all about political signals. Anyway let us see.
Hi,

Like i said we will not let any country threaten sovereign your territorial integrity
Hi,

oh wait i forgot you cant buy any army now can ya US has left you for good in this Shia-sunni shit war
have you got mental problems or are you an idiot ?! its not a secret that saudi is helping pakistan economically. whats wrong in that ?! moving armies isnt cheep!! so why is this an insult to you when i say gulf countries will cover the cost ?![/QUOTE]
Hi,
please lower done your tone and show some respect, \

DONT GET PERSONAL !

Hi,

Like i said we will not let any country threaten sovereign your territorial integrity, But we cannot take part in invading any country

I think what people keep on missing is that the resolution isn't a 'one-liner' but a 12 point resolution where points 5, 7 and 8 talk about resolving this conflict peacefully as it may plunge the entire region into turmoil and to that end, to facilitate and mediate a peaceful resolution, we'd like to be neutral.

But the point that people ignore is point 10 which reads: (Pakistan) Expresses unequivocal support for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and affirms that in case of any violation of its territorial integrity or any threat to Haramain Sharifain, Pakistan will stand shoulder to shoulder with Saudi Arabia and its people.

Source: Parliament decides to remain neutral in Saudi-led Yemen war - The Express Tribune

So its not just neutrality....its a bit more than that.

I think that what KSA and the coalition wanted in a ideal world was to have Pakistan "on board" in the sense that your government and army would be willing to assist a longterm ally by sending 1000 mountain troops for instance. Given the size of your army, resources and experience. I don't think that anyone ever expected Pakistan to send 20.000 troops and do everything on its own. A coalition, mainly between Arab state, was created due to the political signals such an coalition would send (it succeeded) and due to the need of pan-Arab cooperation in terms of security hence the Arab League's decision to create a 40.000 big joint Arab force that will be deployed whenever an Arab government asks for it and whenever there is a consensus among all Arab League states. To tackle terrorism, unrest etc.

What you are saying is something that I wrote in the beginning of the thread hence I don't understood all the emotional outbursts.:)

In my opinion Pakistan should have sent about a div strength force in KSA as a gesture of solidarity but kept her out of the Yemani theater. We must commit ourselves for the protection of the Harmain but at the same time not to intervene in Yemen. Our Saudi friends need to understand that Iran is our next door neighbor and while I hold Iran responsible for Houthi uprising in Yemen, such uprisings are not created out of thin air. KSA (and other Arab countries) supported Yemeni president has not delivered and people of Yemen are angry, and in the anger willing to accept the support of the Iranians. KSA has to address the core issue that is not Iran but Salleh and his cahoots. By waging a war against Yemeni rebels KSA and allies will only bring them closer to Iran or any other state(s) supporting them with arms and money. Had KSA helped the Palestinian cause as it supposed to be, Iran would have never been able to infiltrate in Lebanon and Gaza. Has KSA learnt nothing?

The region is on fire
Do you believe that Pakistan getting involved in it would improve anything for the region? We might be able to help destroy the Houthis but as long as the Yemeni government doesn't get its act together, another rebellion will form eventually. And the regional situation is highly influenced by Syria and Iraq, and Iran's role into this - Pakistan getting involved military or taking sides will only worsen the situation.

It is actually better for Saudi interests if they support Pakistan's stance and give them an opportunity to mediate and attempt to resolve some of the conflicts, especially the one with Iran. Obviously, I don't expect it to work or the Iranians to comply, but at the very least it will reduce the intensity of the situation.

Your strategies in Syria have failed and so have the strategies for dealing with Iran and Israel - stop using them.

You are right, the Arab and Pakistani leaderships aren't so emotional as to throw away that much co-operation over this disagreement.

Let us hope so as Pakistan's position is sane, understandable and noble. A war would not have been necessary had the Houthi's been willing to negotiate but they rejected all attempts of finding a peaceful solution. The real culprit is Ali Abdullah Saleh.

Back
Top Bottom