What's new

Arabs See Pakistan as Future Superpower

People say Muslims are emotional, and they are right.
with economic growth at 2 % and GDP at 0.2 trillion how can Pakistan become a super power?

Let's look at the 64 year history of economic growth, not just a a couple of years worth of data.

Pakistani economy grew at a fairly impressive rate of 6 percent per year through the first four decades of the nation's existence. In spite of rapid population growth during this period, per capita incomes doubled, inflation remained low and poverty declined from 46% down to 18% by late 1980s, according to eminent Pakistani economist Dr. Ishrat Husain. This healthy economic performance was maintained through several wars and successive civilian and military governments in 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s until the decade of 1990s, now appropriately remembered as the lost decade.

Even after the slowdown in 1990s and stagnation since 2008, Pakistan's avg growth since 1947 has been 5% per annum.

Haq's Musings: A Brief History of Pakistani Economy 1947-2010

Let's look at the 64 year history of economic growth, not just a a couple of years worth of data.

Pakistani economy grew at a fairly impressive rate of 6 percent per year through the first four decades of the nation's existence. In spite of rapid population growth during this period, per capita incomes doubled, inflation remained low and poverty declined from 46% down to 18% by late 1980s, according to eminent Pakistani economist Dr. Ishrat Husain. This healthy economic performance was maintained through several wars and successive civilian and military governments in 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s until the decade of 1990s, now appropriately remembered as the lost decade.

Even after the slowdown in 1990s and stagnation since 2008, Pakistan's avg growth since 1947 has been 5% per annum.

Actually, an interesting observation is that Pakistan had an open economy since almost the beginning, whereas India opened up its economy only in 1990's.. Despite that from 1960 to 2010 (last 50 years), the CAGR for GDP of the 2 countries is almost same. Which means Pakistan threw away all the advantage it gained in terms of economical growth over India from 1960-2000 in the 10 year period from 2000 to 2010.

The same is reflected if you see the currency chart of PKR and INR from 2000 to 2010
USD/PKR Currency Conversion Chart - Yahoo! Finance

USD/INR Currency Conversion Chart - Yahoo! Finance

Anyone who's lived in the middle east knows that 'potential superpower' is the absolute last thing Arabs think of when it comes to South Asia. Wake up and smell the coffee already.

I don't understand why you are playing '20 questions'. If you want to say something about the poll, just say it.

I have been all along Mr. Think Tank, And here is the puzzling Question again: Why in the polls the countries they lived was not Included? Is that simple of an question to be answered. Infact I want you personally to answer, since you offered me a great Sinckers bar!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

mistaken there..only 7% voted in favour of Pakistan.China took the crown in that field,with 23%

And this is the most interesting aspect of China being in the poll!!! And here is my two cent on this poll of China being in the Muslim community. There (China's) biggest sellers is economic prosperity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Economic prosperity coming from an communist regime........... What a joke!!!!!!!!!! When History has proven through USSR that it has failed in every aspect, towards a free economic country, and likewise the polls of Muslims countries shows that communism is the way to prosperity...........

And this is the most interesting aspect of China being in the poll!!! And here is my two cent on this poll of China being in the Muslim community. There (China's) biggest sellers is economic prosperity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Economic prosperity coming from an communist regime........... What a joke!!!!!!!!!! When History has proven through USSR that it has failed in every aspect, towards a free economic country, and likewise the polls of Muslims countries shows that communism is the way to prosperity...........

Not necessarily. The survey does not display any correlation toward Arab's like/dislike of Communism. In fact, history has shown that Communism is not very popular over there. And generally speaking, not very popular in the Muslim world.

Also, China is not a pure Communist state. It has a free market economy. Only the government is Communist.

Man mark my words if you continue trolling and derail thread you will be banned sooner than you think.

u Chinese and pak have nothing common . China and pak are so called friends because of your " hatred towards India" , and no relation which have build on the basement of hatred will last, its nature's law.

seriously what do u two have in common?

we Indians and Pakistanis have many things in common. at least we can understand what we speak?

you are only a technical partner with Pakistan against India, but we have our lost relatives on each side of the border.

so shut up.. and i know what i am saying and don't try to scare me with ban, this is not china ,here we are free to express our views and make children as much we can....

That's why i say Arab's are the dumbest people on face of earth and are still living in 15th Century :rofl:

Not necessarily. The survey does not display any correlation toward Arab's like/dislike of Communism. In fact, history has shown that Communism is not very popular over there. And generally speaking, not very popular in the Muslim world.

Really,, the teachings of Quran are based on redistribution of wealth are they not!!!!!!!! isn't this one part of communism!!!!!!

Also, China is not a pure Communist state. It has a free market economy. Only the government is Communist.

Being half pregnant does not mean that you are not pregnant!!!!!!

a country which is being drawn into another stone age and which presents a figure of the ruins of moen jo daro, how can even people expect it to be some sort of worthy let alone being super power, as i said in the very beginning, with current set up only god can save pakistan now, its a miracle to put this country to the right path and 50 years is just the minimum limit for a divided and corrupt country like Pak, other countries are progressing, but the only country in asia and the world which is dragging into stone age

there can be no bigger face palm on country's matter then the fact that military and govt are highly corrupt and both are fighting each other for power and they dont give a squat even some foreign force comes and bombs its own people

china got independence in 1948 and with basics rght, they needed atleast 50 years to eliminate corruption and to correct other systems, while pakistan is still struggling to get its basics right

those people who dream pakistan will achieve that milestone in couple of years are dreaming, even if we get the right leadership, it will take a long time to reform

other example is iran, who had to wait 20-30 years to finally to emerge as some power

it will take a long long time just to educate pakistanis and get the leadership right

I will have to disagree to certain points there.

There is a difference between the communist China and the communist USSR.

USSR was more about totalitarian control.Since the raising of the iron curtain,USSR had been no less than a police state,with the politburo closely observing the people with its vast network of spies.The resources came from all over the place but the benefits went mainly to Moscow. The other members of the Warsaw had their grievances.
Then came the problem with economy.The Soviet economy simply crumbled under its own pressure,there was no limit to spendings and there was no competition in the market,because every thing was state-owned.Lack of competition gives rise to lack of quality and recklessness.

China is different in this respect.They kept on doing economic reforms and kept pace with the World,unlike USSR which showed lack of flexibility.

I will have to disagree to certain points there.

There is a difference between the communist China and the communist USSR.

Yes there is difference, but only through economic terms,

This is really not the thread to talk about it, if you want to go into specifics, open your own thread!!!!!!

But atleast, let me give you a hint..... Chinese (communist run) companies had to be bailed out in so many ways as wells as communisty banks run by the Chinese Gov't..

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

a country which is being drawn into another stone age and which presents a figure of the ruins of moen jo daro, how can even people expect it to be some sort of worthy let alone being super power, as i said in the very beginning, with current set up only god can save pakistan now, its a miracle to put this country to the right path and 50 years is just the minimum limit for a divided and corrupt country like Pak, other countries are progressing, but the only country in asia and the world which is dragging into stone age

there can be no bigger face palm on country's matter then the fact that military and govt are highly corrupt and both are fighting each other for power and they dont give a squat even some foreign force comes and bombs its own people

china got independence in 1948 and with basics rght, they needed atleast 50 years to eliminate corruption and to correct other systems, while pakistan is still struggling to get its basics right

those people who dream pakistan will achieve that milestone in couple of years are dreaming, even if we get the right leadership, it will take a long time to reform

other example is iran, who had to wait 20-30 years to finally to emerge as some power

it will take a long long time just to educate pakistanis and get the leadership right

You my sir is just rambling which I clearly do not understand...........

Thanks.........

Ignorant, Haq's musing only can provide this kinda articles.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom