What's new

Apple just did something unprecedented: its market value passed $900 billion

u cannot pay 1180 euros for a phone that is good as 600 euros phone, but have a front camera that allows u to unlock your ohone with your face.

You cannot pay? Dude, the pre-orders for iPhone X are off the charts! So someone can pay, it just may not be you. Buy the iPhone 8 or even the iPhone 7 if you want to pay less. Then just use your finger to unlock it.

And tell me if apple can invest in new tech, why we don't see these tech on smartphones. for example the rear double camera trend begun with Huawai P9 not with apple.

Apple is rarely the first to deploy new-fangled technology. They wait until they think it makes sense to do so. Were they the first to have fingerprint recognition or face recognition? Of course not. But they did it better than anyone else. That's what matters.

It is the same philosophy when it comes to computers. They integrate technology into an overall user experience, not just strapping on a new gimmick for marketing purposes. Huawei or Samsung can never create a operating system like iOS, or create development tools, or an online store for apps like Apple. So they can never compete on the software side. Translation: They will lose this game, because software is more important than hardware, and good integration of software and hardware is more important than anything else.

It's like India crashing a spacecraft on the Moon. They did it before so many other countries. But will they make any money off it? No. Mere bragging rights mean nothing to Apple. Being the first publicly traded trillion-dollar company means a lot.

If only people who bought Apple products were not so naive and had some technical knowledge, Apple would be selling their new phones at half the price as today.

If only people who bought Apple products were not so naive and had some technical knowledge, Apple would be selling their new phones at half the price as today.

If only people who do not buy Apple products weren't so naïve, they would see that Apple products are much cheaper in the long run.

Mehnga ro-ay aik baar, sasta ro-ay baar baar.

If I tried to used non-Apple technology, I probably would not be able to do what I do, and it would cost me twice as much. Not to mention the time it would waste, which is worth far more to me.

If only people who do not buy Apple products weren't so naïve, they would see that Apple products are much cheaper in the long run.

Mehnga ro-ay aik baar, sasta ro-ay baar baar.

If I tried to used non-Apple technology, I probably would not be able to do what I do, and it would cost me twice as much. Not to mention the time it would waste, which is worth far more to me.
Stop being a brand ambassador and tell me what you do and how it will cost you twice as much with other solutions than we can talk. I respect companies like Microsoft and Nokia which are committed to bringing technology to masses for cheap, not like Apple which is robbing their everyone that decides to walk into their store.

Stop being a brand ambassador and tell me what you do and how it will cost you twice as much with other solutions than we can talk. I respect companies like Microsoft and Nokia which are committed to bringing technology to masses for cheap, not like Apple which is robbing their everyone that decides to walk into their store.

I am in the biomedical field. But people far smarter than you and I put together say so. Your mileage may vary.

IBM says it is 3X more expensive to manage PCs than Macs

I thought we were talking about individual consumers nevertheless, do you know the next competitor to windows in PCs is an older version of windows itself.

For individuals, the major difference in cost comes from the fact that hardware last 5-6 years rather than 3-4. OS updates are free. Very little need for security precautions or software. More time spent being productive, etc.

What difference does it make if whether Windows competes with itself? Does not make it cheaper, more productive, or a better OS.

You cannot pay? Dude, the pre-orders for iPhone X are off the charts! So someone can pay, it just may not be you. Buy the iPhone 8 or even the iPhone 7 if you want to pay less. Then just use your finger to unlock it.

Apple is rarely the first to deploy new-fangled technology. They wait until they think it makes sense to do so. Were they the first to have fingerprint recognition or face recognition? Of course not. But they did it better than anyone else. That's what matters.

It is the same philosophy when it comes to computers. They integrate technology into an overall user experience, not just strapping on a new gimmick for marketing purposes. Huawei or Samsung can never create a operating system like iOS, or create development tools, or an online store for apps like Apple. So they can never compete on the software side. Translation: They will lose this game, because software is more important than hardware, and good integration of software and hardware is more important than anything else.

It's like India crashing a spacecraft on the Moon. They did it before so many other countries. But will they make any money off it? No. Mere bragging rights mean nothing to Apple. Being the first publicly traded trillion-dollar company means a lot.

As WeChat in China is far ahead any similar social mobile application which the US, or all the world have, I do not see why Huawei or Samsung cannot create an operating system that beat iOS.

For individuals, the major difference in cost comes from the fact that hardware last 5-6 years rather than 3-4. OS updates are free. Very little need for security precautions or software. More time spent being productive, etc.

What difference does it make if whether Windows competes with itself? Does not make it cheaper, more productive, or a better OS.
It lasts longer but still doesn't justify the hefty cost. There are far better customizable solutions out there which can outperform i-machine of the same class in half the price. That brings us to my original post that people are either lazy or so naive that they let companies like Apple and Mcafee rob them in daylight.

It lasts longer but still doesn't justify the hefty cost. There are far better customizable solutions out there which can outperform i-machine of the same class in half the price. That brings us to my original post that people are either lazy or so naive that they let companies like Apple and Mcafee rob them in daylight.

Reasonable people would disagree with you. Just the first few of the many links you can Google for:

Mac vs PC: A Price Comparison
Mac vs. PC cost analysis: How does it all add up?
Surprise: Macs Aren’t Necessarily More Expensive Than Windows PCs

All I can conclude is that you have never done the comparison yourself. Thinking other people are dumb is never a smart strategy. The comparisons above are hardware only. The advantages of a system that saves you time, does not have security issues, where the software works better, and is integrated with the hardware better are difficult to cost out, but are not trivial.

So once again:

1. Hardware cost is similar.
2. Better build quality.
3. Lasts twice as long.
4. Better productivity.

You do the math.

As WeChat in China is far ahead any similar social mobile application which the US, or all the world have, I do not see why Huawei or Samsung cannot create an operating system that beat iOS.

So what is stopping them? What is stopping Microsoft? What is stopping Google or Facebook? They all have money, software engineers, and time. Why haven't they done it?

Reasonable people would disagree with you. Just the first few of the many links you can Google for:

Mac vs PC: A Price Comparison
Mac vs. PC cost analysis: How does it all add up?
Surprise: Macs Aren’t Necessarily More Expensive Than Windows PCs

All I can conclude is that you have never done the comparison yourself. Thinking other people are dumb is never a smart strategy. The comparisons above are hardware only. The advantages of a system that saves you time, does not have security issues, where the software works better, and is integrated with the hardware better are difficult to cost out, but are not trivial.

So once again:
For some reason computing industry have established industry standards to resolve integrity issues and some things are better left to companies specializing in their particular domains, no company can alone take up the challenge to build each and every component that goes into a computing devices and worse thing is to have a complete monopoly over a finished product just for marketing it.
Not by a long shot, a tech giant can manage to plant few articles here and there praising their products.
2. Better build quality.
Forgot the bent gate?
3. Lasts twice as long.
Are you kidding me, don't tell me you believe that they somehow put some out of the world technology in thier machine that nobody else in the world has achieved?
4. Better productivity.
You should have written, better connectivity with other Apple logo products.
You do the math.
In the end, technology should reach masses quickly and in a cost-effective manner, I believe companies like Apple are a hurdle to that and with ever-rising profits, they lure other greedy companies to follow their footsteps and set industry standards for looting and monopolizing.

I am sorry but **** apple. assholes who abuse workers for profit. smh

For some reason computing industry have established industry standards to resolve integrity issues and some things are better left to companies specializing in their particular domains, no company can alone take up the challenge to build each and every component that goes into a computing devices and worse thing is to have a complete monopoly over a finished product just for marketing it.
Not by a long shot, a tech giant can manage to plant few articles here and there praising their products.
2. Better build quality.
Forgot the bent gate?
3. Lasts twice as long.
Are you kidding me, don't tell me you believe that they somehow put some out of the world technology in thier machine that nobody else in the world has achieved?
4. Better productivity.
You should have written, better connectivity with other Apple logo products.
You do the math.
In the end, technology should reach masses quickly and in a cost-effective manner, I believe companies like Apple are a hurdle to that and with ever-rising profits, they lure other greedy companies to follow their footsteps and set industry standards for looting and monopolizing.

I am not sure what I find more amusing. The fact that you can't do a simple Google search before posting your opinions, or the fact that you believe that a company can become the most valuable in the world by screwing its customers.

Regarding your responses above:

1. If you think Apple planted those opinions in ComputerWorld and howtogeek.com, then please find your own cost comparisons and post here. Simply yelling "Fake News!" makes you look worse than Trump.

2. Yes, I remember "Bendgate". Here is a comparison of Samsung, LG, HTC, and Apple phones done by Consumer Reports:

Consumer Reports test results find iPhone 6 and 6 Plus not as bendy as believed

3. Here is another article that might help you understand build quality. It is about choosing hardware and software that work well together.

4. I think I posted links showing why IBM has switched to Macs, citing better productivity.

You end your rant by calling Apple a monopoly! You have to be seriously deluded to think that a company that only accounts for 10% of the market is a monopoly. Don't you know that Microsoft is a convicted monopolist?

United States v. Microsoft Corp.

If you wish to continue this argument, please come up with verifiable facts. Otherwise you look like a fool. Your arguments about Apple's "ever-rising profits" and "industry standards for looting" simply indicate that you have no idea how market economies work. The only reason Apple can charge a premium for its products is because customers want its products. And they want them for the reasons I listed above.

If you wish to use a PC, by all means do so. No one is stopping you. But please don't spew falsehoods to justify your decisions.

I am sorry but **** apple. assholes who abuse workers for profit. smh

Care to post a link?

Back
Top Bottom