What's new

Apple Gets $1 Billion From Samsung

My point is that touch screen smart phone like HTC's existed way before the creation of Iphone, but why does people need Apple to teach them to appreciate it? I can only say that Apple has a better PR department than the rest.

Maybe HTC will sue Apple now! :P

Apple did change the way we use phones, and they deserved to be compensated for that. But that already happened for years, Apple now has over 60 billion in cash and is the biggest company in the world.

The original intent of the patent system was to shield SMALL inventors who have brilliant ideas but don't have the resources to turn their idea into reality at a scale large enough that they can make a decent profit without someone else stealing their idea first.

It's not meant to shield corporations so that they can make 100 billions rather than 60 billions.
Another bizzard thing here is that by winning this lawsuit, Apple is saying that there was damage done because Samsung's phone looks like Iphone. So I wonder how many people went into the store that had the intention of buying an Iphone end up buying a Samsung instead because they somehow have mistaken Samsung's phone for Iphone since they look alike. It seems to me that Apple thinks that those people who likes Iphone are even more stupid than they already are.

Apple doesn't have the guts to hit Google directly.That's why they are going after OEM's.Google would get their patents invalidated.How can you patent rectangle with rounded corners?Anyway this doesn't effect new Samsung Phones.This is for old phones.Google removed lots of thing in 4.x to get rid of patent lawsuits that's why Apple has not targeted S3.I think jury was biased towards Apple due to nationalism (Apple is American where as Samsung is South Korean). This sort of case should be handled in a European court which is neutral.

Never liked Samsung anyways, too plasticy! Apple products do have quality, must give credit where it's due.
Although Samsung uses a lot of plastics, but those plastics are top notch high quality plastics. My old Samsung Galaxy S I909 survived many falls and intentional throwing during the heat of something, and it still works prefectly with just some mirror scretch on the side. My new Samsung Galaxy SIII I939 feels even more classy in the hand than one of my girlfreind's Iphone[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbL7ciKmT7g[/video]

Although Samsung uses a lot of plastics, but those plastics are top notch high quality plastics. My old Samsung Galaxy S I909 survived many falls and intentional throwing during the heat of something, and it still works prefectly with just some mirror scretch on the side. My new Samsung Galaxy SIII I939 feels even more classy in the hand than one of my girlfreind's Iphone
How can a fone the size of my foot look "classy" :lol: Did I mention oil slick problems with galaxy tab 10.1? Anyways, people buy products that suit their needs, but I lay more emphasis on quality and for me Samsung is a no go.

How can a fone the size of my foot look "classy" :lol: Did I mention oil slick problems with galaxy tab 10.1? Anyways, people buy products that suit their needs, but I lay more emphasis on quality and for me Samsung is a no go.
I guess you just don't enjoy your phone with a bigger screen, I have a lot of friends who are using Galaxy note, and never heard of any complain about its 5.3 inch size. The reason Apple sticks Iphone's size to 3.5 inch size is because in order to retain its IPS screen to be called retina screen which is just another fancy way to say its screen has PPI(Pixels per inch) over 300. Samsung and LG already had 4.7 inch screen phones with PPI of 320 with their own HD screens with PIxel resolution 1280 X720 awhile ago.

I guess you just don't enjoy your phone with a bigger screen, I have a lot of friends who are using Galaxy note, and never heard of any complain about its 5.3 inch size. The reason Apple sticks Iphone's size to 3.5 inch size is because in order to retain its IPS screen to be called retina screen which is just another fancy way to say its screen has PPI(Pixels per inch) over 300. Samsung and LG already had 4.7 inch screen phones with PPI of 320 with their own HD screens with PIxel resolution 1280 X720 awhile ago.
Well Galaxy Note is concerned, you are quite right. Samsung is making its on spot in mobile arena. I hate my Droid....:cry:

Another bizzard thing here is that by winning this lawsuit, Apple is saying that there was damage done because Samsung's phone looks like Iphone. So I wonder how many people went into the store that had the intention of buying an Iphone end up buying a Samsung instead because they somehow have mistaken Samsung's phone for Iphone since they look alike. It seems to me that Apple thinks that those people who likes Iphone are even more stupid than they already are.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:...Yeah you are right....:D

Oops...I went to buy Iphone...damn man...:hitwall: :D

Well Galaxy Note is concerned, you are quite right. Samsung is making its on spot in mobile arena. I hate my Droid....:cry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:...Yeah you are right....:D

Oops...I went to buy Iphone...damn man...:hitwall: :D

Actually now Samsung Galaxy SIII is stealing the spot light right now. Many my friends who used Iphone through first Iphone to IPhone 4s all switched to SIII now, and Note 2 is coming out end of this month.

Actually now Samsung Galaxy SIII is stealing the spot light right now. Many my friends who used Iphone through first Iphone to IPhone 4s all switched to SIII now, and Note 2 is coming out end of this month.
Yup buddy, SIII has already beat Iphone especially the new users of smartphones, most of the buyers of Iphone are loyal customers of Apple.

Samsung's strategy has worked great.

Didn't know about Note 2.

What's your take on tablets ?

Dell and Sony didn't make such a impact, but Samsung has emerged as worthy competitor of IPad.

Fuсking hate Apple! all that buzz for a company that only assemble, they even use Samsungs processors that is absurd!
How Apple know that Samsung copied from them and not from Sony?

Huawei P1S is a really cool phone, check it out.
Chauism is right. Chinese phones have market for lower income customers who want smart phones. Only thing in favor of Chinese phones is their cost. But people are skeptical about it.

Yup buddy, SIII has already beat Iphone especially the new users of smartphones, most of the buyers of Iphone are loyal customers of Apple.

Samsung's strategy has worked great.

Didn't know about Note 2.

What's your take on tablets ?

Dell and Sony didn't make such a impact, but Samsung has emerged as worthy competitor of IPad.

I am never a fan any tablets because its functionalities are fulfilled by my smartphone already since its screen is big enough for me for any web browsing and laptop as it can do more things than tablets.

I am never a fun any tablets because its functionalities are fulfilled by my smartphone already since its screen is big enough for me for any web browsing and laptop as it can do more things than tablets.

It depends on context. Where I work a lot of peoples use them due to the mobility. They are also used a lot in the medical field.

Back
Top Bottom