What's new

Apple Gets $1 Billion From Samsung

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Apple Gets $1 Billion From Samsung—Nothing Changes
By Paul Barrett on August 24, 2012

Apple got the best of Samsung in the first of their many patent trials to go to a U.S. jury. A nine-person panel came back to the federal courtroom in San Jose, Calif., Friday afternoon, after only three days of deliberation, and announced that the Korean electronics giant had infringed six of the seven patents for Apple mobile devices that were at issue in the trial. The verdict came with a $1.05 billion price tag, less than half of what Apple was looking for, but not too shabby, all the same.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-08-24/apple-gets-1-billion-from-samsung-***-and-nothing-changes

When blackberry came out every phone started looking like one. There was no lawsuit then.

Anyway I really cannot think of another way to make a touchscreen product that does not end up looking like a square or rectangle. And Android is a google product. Samsung is not responsible for any IOS similarities.

Apple is going wild with lawsuits, there was a story about them suing an australian grocery chain.

Apple Sues Australian Grocery Store Over Logo

woolworthsapple_DV_20091005111957.jpg

Does that look like apples logo????
They trademarked the apple fruit??

^

Samsung copies other things to design of hardware parts and user interface of softwares...

**** Apple man. I hate everything they make. The worst thing that could have ever happened to the computer industry was Apple. I'm all for new and innovative products, but they've gone overboard. They have more money than most countries, but they're trying to take over the whole industry because of greed. If apple is successful, we will never again see anymore Microsofts, Apples etc... They're destroying the bridges that got them to where they are. This isn't just in the macro environment. You can clearly see it in their products too. You get an iPod and you're stuck with iTunes and all its limitations. Forget backing up your songs. Forget copying your songs properly on your harddrive. Forget drag and dropping. Forget etc...

When I think of Apple, I think of limitations.

Apple submitted some documents which shows some of Apple's initial mock ups are lot older than Sony's design.
Apple came up with different stories at a time to consolidate its case, Apples version of story here lacks substantial grounds, just like the one in which it claimed that Apple was so incredibly inspired by Sony that Apples designers were asked to think like Sony designers there fore they created a design with Sony logo.:cheesy:

Apple came up with different stories at a time to consolidate its case, Apples version of story here lacks substantial grounds, just like the one in which it claimed that Apple was so incredibly inspired by Sony that Apples designers were asked to think like Sony designers there fore they created a design with Sony logo.:cheesy:

Apples showed a prototype dating back to 2005, older than Sony design.

Apples showed a prototype dating back to 2005, older than Sony design.
Funny, when at the same time Apple also claimed that the Sony design in question was also created by Apple with Sony logo :woot:

Back
Top Bottom