What's new

Any egyptians here? Best hotel near Pyramides`?

Reaction score
Country
Italy
My girl wants visit the pyramides and we want do a 3 day trip in december.

I googled a bit and there seem to be some great hotels near the Pyramides. Like the Meridian.

How far is it from airport? Is it easy to go there? How far is the egyptian museum?

We want visit 3 things. The Pyramides. Saqqara and the egyptian museum.

Google is your best..Egyptian in PDF are not Egyptian. and the one who are do not know their country for lack of travel...Beside most the up end hotel and touristic sites are closed to Egyptians...

Google is your best..Egyptian in PDF are not Egyptian. and the one who are do not know their country for lack of travel...Beside most the up end hotel and touristic sites are closed to Egyptians...
wtf are you talking about

I googled a bit and there seem to be some great hotels near the Pyramides. Like the Meridian.

How far is it from airport? Is it easy to go there? How far is the egyptian museum?

there are great hotels i heard only good things about mena house
the egyptian museum is in tahrir square
the route from the pyramids to cairo airport can take less than 1 hour if there is not a lot of traffic
my advice is to use uber to move around cairo and giza a lot easier

wtf are you talking about

there are great hotels i heard only good things about mena house
the egyptian museum is in tahrir square
the route from the pyramids to cairo airport can take less than 1 hour if there is not a lot of traffic
my advice is to use uber to move around cairo and giza a lot easier

Thank you. Yes i saw that Mena Hotel on the booking website. The price is also good. As far as i know the hotel takes you to airport and also bring you from there. You think pyramides + saqqara + museum is manageable in 3 days?

@Mahmoud_EGY - Is right about using Uber in your case and someone who knows the roads and especially traffic and how to get around to those destinations. But if you want to see just those 3 things, your best bet might be just to stay at either the Ramses Hilton in Cairo or one of the many hotels which are right on the Nile and relatively close to the Cairo Museum which is in the famous Tahrir Square. It would be a relatively easy walking distance but a taxi ride would also be pretty cheap.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cai...7!4f13.1;tbs:lf_hd:-1,lrf:!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:7

You don't need to stay near the Pyramids since that would only be near the pyramids and not close to either the museum or Saqqara. You're best bet is somewhere along the Nile right near Cairo and all those other destinations would be better with cab rides.

Too bad you're only staying there for 3 days because you need at least a month just to absorb a sampling of what Egypt has to offer, and if you're a big fan of the beach and fishing and the sun, there are endless Red Sea resorts to visit which are nothing short of the best in the world. Snorkeling, scuba and fishing just to name a few. But 3 days and the museum and pyramids, you're better off staying right in Cairo on the Nile, then you can also visit Khan El Khalili in the afternoon and enjoy a good sampling of the fruit of Egyptian culture.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...d=0ahUKEwikkICo64vWAhVFRCYKHe82C7oQoioIkgEwDg

Thank you. Yes i saw that Mena Hotel on the booking website. The price is also good. As far as i know the hotel takes you to airport and also bring you from there. You think pyramides + saqqara + museum is manageable in 3 days?
it is but if you can make it 4 days it would be better have a nice stay

Are you guys crazy? Don't use Uber in a country like Egypt. You don't know the language, you're Italian and Uber is probably illegal. It's simply dangerous.

Are you guys crazy? Don't use Uber in a country like Egypt. You don't know the language, you're Italian and Uber is probably illegal. It's simply dangerous.

As far as i know the hotel offers a car service. I think thats a good option.

Oh stop with the fear-mongering. Both Uber and Careem are legal and are extensively used AND safe in Egypt. So much so the cabbies complained and the Egyptian government ruled against them. Now both of those services are used extensively.

Also, there are many people that speak English and communicate very well. Egypt is a large tourist destination and all these services are most commonly practiced by Egyptians who speak English rather well, so the idea that language is an issue in a highly touristic destination is frankly way off base.

As far as i know the hotel offers a car service. I think thats a good option.

Dude, you have so many choices it's ridiculous. The hotel can offer you more than just a car service. They run shuttle services that they cooperate with and they have certain cab services they work with so they're reputable and safe. You can even check with the Egyptian consulate in Rome and get any info you need to make all these things easier for you. Many tourist apps for best rates and services etc. You'll be more than fine and have a great trip.

If you care about the Hotel condition, I'd recommend you to stay at Sofitel Hotel because it's right on an island inside the Nile river, with a great view of the whole city and 10Min walk away from the Museum, you can then later go to Pyramids from there by Uber or Careem, but never use a Taxi. when you use Uber or Careem the driver will just take a known and fair amount of money and much safer than Taxi for a foreigner although Egypt now is pretty safe, I'd say safer than Turkey.

Here's Sofitel, check it outon Booking

http://www.booking.com/Share-rwXPWv

A second choice would be Four Seasons Hotel

Oh stop with the fear-mongering. Both Uber and Careem are legal and are extensively used AND safe in Egypt. So much so the cabbies complained and the Egyptian government ruled against them. Now both of those services are used extensively.

Also, there are many people that speak English and communicate very well. Egypt is a large tourist destination and all these services are most commonly practiced by Egyptians who speak English rather well, so the idea that language is an issue in a highly touristic destination is frankly way off base.

Dude, you have so many choices it's ridiculous. The hotel can offer you more than just a car service. They run shuttle services that they cooperate with and they have certain cab services they work with so they're reputable and safe. You can even check with the Egyptian consulate in Rome and get any info you need to make all these things easier for you. Many tourist apps for best rates and services etc. You'll be more than fine and have a great trip.

Short question, i looked up the pyramides and saw you can book tours where you go inside. Is it possible to visit all three? I think the Khufu pyramide is the biggest one and most spectacular?

In Saqqara is the Djoser pyramide. How long does one tour in each pyramide take? Less than an hour?

Short question, i looked up the pyramides and saw you can book tours where you go inside. Is it possible to visit all three? I think the Khufu pyramide is the biggest one and most spectacular?

In Saqqara is the Djoser pyramide. How long does one tour in each pyramide take? Less than an hour?

Yep, you can tour the inside of Khufu but it does take a while. There are a lot of steps and depending on how crowded it is when you're there, there might be a waiting time as they only allow so many people into the pyramid at once. And honestly, once you've been in that one, you really don't need to go into the others since you'll have already seen what it's like in the more spectacular one - very eerie and fascinating. It'll probably take at least a couple of hours. You'll enjoy it very much. Every single person that visits these wonders never forgets this one in a lifetime experience. The other 2 are usually more off-limits IIRC.

After that, take the lovely girlfriend and go on a camel ride instead of another pyramid. That experience will be as memorable.

871026784_Giza_Camel_Ride3-800x600.jpg

nicole-camel-pyramids.jpg

Camel-Riding,-Alexandria-Port-Trips1.jpg

You'll spend the whole day there because there's more than the pyramids to see. This fella, of course.

Sphinx.jpg

And be sure to go visit the solar boat museum right in the pyramid grounds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu_ship

Gizeh_Sonnenbarke_BW_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom