What's new

Antony to induct LCA into Air Force on Dec 20

Infra red A-A missile, does it use radar..?
I mean radar integration successful ?

What was the last deadline for Tejas to achieve IOC-2 in such case ? To me , it still appears that some of the criterion have been relaxed to pave way for its early induction , because of the pressure on HAL due to its constant delays and failure to meet the deadlines . Sure , there's no stopping it from induction but trust me , it will be ceremonial and a formality fulfilled with the operational status not coming until long , though the same tests were/are being performed even when its not inducted into AF .

Your Famed JF-17 was inducted the same damn way before it achived FOC
So yeah this is how this is gonna happen :victory:

Everyone knows its not fully done. You know even the JF17 is not fully not done although it was inducted 6 years ago. I will repeat again, the significance of this ceremony is that Tejas is cleared for production now and now HAL will start manufacturing SP1 (Actually they have already started.)

how many of LCA Tejas have been produced till now?? What is the rate of production?? Any info??

This per unit aircraft cost is very high since it took 30 years to be fit for induction that too half heartedly

how many of LCA Tejas have been produced till now?? What is the rate of product

zero LCA have been produced till now. SP1 will be out anytime from march 2014 to end of 2014. Intial rate of production will be around 8 aircraft per annum but it will be increased later. 6 Squadrons of LCA are to be inducted by 2022-23

I didn't like the part I quoted in Green. It means they are not fully done. Atleast they must use better English. If it were me, I'd say, "We are working on the induction of more powerful version, any additional changes need by the IAF will also be taken up by DRDO/HAL"

The Blue part scares the not so perfect engineer in me. My code never works the first time. ;)

But a great great news for the loooooooong delayed program and for India!

technology is a work in progress....even for best of the best..

I didn't like the part I quoted in Green. It means they are not fully done. Atleast they must use better English. If it were me, I'd say, "We are working on the induction of more powerful version, any additional changes need by the IAF will also be taken up by DRDO/HAL"

The Blue part scares the not so perfect engineer in me. My code never works the first time. ;)

But a great great news for the loooooooong delayed program and for India!

Yaar tum Kya karahe ho
Dari ki bottle kolne ka Walt hai yeh :enjoy: :nana:

In a serious note
The Americans did theysame thing with the F-16
They inducted it first & then slowly improved upon it

Congress has all of a sudden woken up to the concerns of the Armed Forces. Irrespective of the capability Mk 1 gives to the IAF, i am happy for the Scientist and the workers who were involved in the project. Yes they may not have done it professionally but nonetheless its India's first ever fighter jet.

Surely it would lift up the spirits of our industry and i hope the lessons learnt from this project translate into much more efficient and successful projects for the future.

And i am happy for the pilots who had no option but to fly the Mig-21. With LCA in picture now i hope there would be no news of our precious pilots loosing their lives.

That is not the point. The point is it will enter production.

This is exactly what jealous people say. Induction on dec 20 is synonymous to IOC-2 and the aircraft will be cleared for production post this ceremony.

Even after its induction into the IAF, the aircraft will undergo several tests in the force and will have to attain the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) for getting ready for full operational deployment.

that is phenomenal for IAF to approve production (mass?) before FOC!
and how long before the FOC is attained?
more than 3 decades have passed since first inception, this is no more than a desperate attempt for antony to release some of the heat burning on the project and his arse!

Without IOC-2 even , really ? Is he just trying to complete the formality ?

Unfortunately similar to the half baked Vikrant

That's not an aircraft carrier for god sake's.

Congi's are pathetic.

Your jealousy is evident. please cry somewhere else. I don't like pigs quoting me.

reported for personal attack!

1INS_Vikrant_PTI_zpsd74d7c84.jpg

I have never seen anything cheerleading like this in the world's naval history
Phenonmenal!

Your Famed JF-17 was inducted the same damn way before it achived FOC
So yeah this is how this is gonna happen :victory:

Keep it related to LCA . No one knows properly how JF 17 was inducted , if I were to ask for a source , you would be able to produce none , so lets stick to the topic , shall we ? Because , I never said that it is a wrong thing , just that a formality is being fulfilled .

Your Famed JF-17 was inducted the same damn way before it achived FOCSo yeah this is how this is gonna happen :victory:

the case is different
tejas is all on indians own
J-17 is a partnership, no further negotiations for technical support

that is phenomenal for IAF to approve production (mass?) before FOC!
and how long before the FOC is attained?
more than 3 decades have passed since first inception, this is no more than a desperate attempt for antony to release some of the heat burning on the project and his arse!
Isn't FOC always done after induction?
Why would this be any desperate attempt? All IOC tests (well I & II) are done. So induction and hence production is natural. Yes... before FOC. Is the procedure in your air force different?

Back
Top Bottom