What's new

Anglophile Owner of Cafe Cannoli in Islamabad Harass Manager for "Poor English Accent".

These oldies look like they have a lot of mileage on them.

Anyways their accent is obviously desi as well. And their English proficiency is below average at best.

I went to Islamabad last January and happened to get a cup of coffee at sattar baksh cafe. There were other patrons and the Islooites although trying very hard to sound American still sounded off.

I speak English better than even white Americans having lived a long time in the US. I can also speak Ebonics without an accent as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 709168

let’s order some takeaways :D

I’ve done my part.
1611291660667.png

1611291746405.png

People should boycott this cafe.

Definitely - does not look that great a place to hang out anyways. :-)

The guy should have quit. But in these Covid times. possibly not an option.

These ladies have a desperate need to feel better than someone, and they picked an easy target.

Pretty mean.

I think they just tried to get loose fame by this stunt. For better or worse, they probably got what they wanted. Now every one is talking about them.

Sad.

The manager has been retained for nine years since he is good at his leadership / management job. His not being fluent in English should not be a problem.

And those women... such a wannabe-American accent.

Those two lines puts you in a brotherhood with the Hindutvadis in India who also don't like "LibTurds" other than the variety of other "anti-nationals" they don't like. I am a leftist, not a liberal, but what do you have against liberals ? But before that, I must ask you the basic question : Who do you understand as being a liberal ?

While I strongly agree that English is not mandatory to succeed in life or to prove one's capabilities... I was literally shocked to know that after attending 3 batches of 6 months' each... i.e., 1 year and 6 months this guy failed to introduce himself PROPERLY... accent was there but...

Secondly, he could have panicked... did happen?
Definitely - does not look that great a place to hang out anyways. :-)

The guy should have quit. But in these Covid times. possibly not an option.

These ladies have a desperate need to feel better than someone, and they picked an easy target.

Pretty mean.

He is working there from 9 years... was there since they have started... that proves both, his capabilities and faith of owner... on his capabilities...

They might want him to improve his speaking skills as he has spent 1.5 years on ENGLISH CLASSES...

Last edited:
This fakeass anglophile Uzma the owner of Cafe Canoli in Islamabad and her friend Diya (who probably should hit a gym) mocked and abused their male manager for not speaking English in their fake wannabe accent, and videoed it for laughs.

Stop going there.

kallay sastay inferior quality keh Pakistani angrez!
Inferiority complex at its peak......period
The Neoliberal aka LibTurds who read Dawn News and curse Islam and pakistan love to treat other working class Pakistani as their slaves.

End Liberal Extremism and end Liberal corruption!!!

LibTurds
People should boycott this cafe.

Coconuts. White inside. Brown outside.

~Some British Lord

1611295841440.png

Heard that they closed their comment section. Good to know it's open again. :enjoy:
They might want him to improve his speaking skills as he has spent 1.5 years on ENGLISH CLASSES...

Doesn't matter. 99% of the folks visiting the Cafe would rather speak in Urdu than English.

Also, the coconuts had very bad English.....so much brown accent that I f..king cringed.

Bro you'd be surprised how condescending desi goras can be towards their own people. Especially desi goris whose parents gave them free reign and they became sl*ts.

İ mean their own kith and kin. Can you imagine. So many latinos and Arabs where İ live they never abandon their language. But desi goras absolutely hate their own roots.

This behavior displayed by the two ladies, is indicative of how important it is for Pakistanis (and Muslims around the world) to turn toward Islam, approach the Noble Qur'an with sincerity and establish Imaan. No race, no nationality, no language can equip a Muslim to deal with life and challenges of this world, other than the Noble Qur'an. We must, as Muslims wage the struggle, the unrelenting effort to establish our Imaan with the Noble Qur'an and by following our beloved Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam.

While I strongly agree that English is not mandatory to succeed in life or to prove one's capabilities... I was literally shocked to know that after attending 3 batches of 6 months' each... i.e., 1 year and 6 months this guy failed to introduce himself PROPERLY... accent was there but...

He is working there from 9 years... was there since they have started... that proves both, his capabilities and faith of owner... on his capabilities...

I think being put on the spot to prove something usually doesn't bring the best in people. Seeing him talk English in day-to-day affairs is a better gauge.

But his customers are desi. So why does he need English?

hey, hire me, i can speak english and can cater their angraizi speaking clients, my expected salary is 500k for a 12 hour shift along with accommodation and health insurance.

If she wants to get a proper person to cater her target audience than she should hire proper educated staff and pay them well instead of making fun of poor less unfortunate people, disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom