What's new

Featured Anatolian Eagle 2021 - JF-17 To Pitch Against Rafale and Vipers

This will be important as if JF-17 does good against the Mig and other participants, the chances of the sale will go up exponentially. Very good idea for Azeris to bring in their premier fighter to gauge the strengths and weaknesses of Thunder

Azerbaijian MIGs are handmedowns from Ukraine that still use twist-cassegrain radar and does not have glass cockpit. It shouldn’t take much for JF-17 to outperform it in BVR.

This is called the Turk Devlet Akl!!! Now, folks might understand why Katar went out for a shopping spree - Rafales, F-15s, Typhoons etc.!!!

It's an opportunity to fine tune the Turkish indigenous AESA radars, EW/EA systems (EHPOD, HAVA-SOJ, KORAL etc.), BVR/WVR missiles, AD systems etc. and tactics to take on the Rafales....

TurAF is getting on the learning curve to tackle the Greek Rafales in this AE exercise in Konya, the Dergah of Hazret-i Mevlana....

What'll PAF learn and implement?!?!

Our JF is a sitting duck in the air when compared to modern & high end fighters like Rafale from 4+ Gen! It takes quite some time & slow seconds to climb up to the altitude & start manoeuvring, but yet again as soon as it starts its 1st maneuverer, it starts to loose altitude. I believe pilot did not use much after burner during the climb, why? I don't know! Airframe and design I believe has potential, engine is its weak point. If another engine can offer boost in power without affecting fuel consumption and weight then our JF would be able to kick some behind! Till then it would be silly to pitch it against any high end modern fighter specially in within visual range fight. Its maybe a great replacement for mirages 3/5, F7s, but can't match F16s & Gripens etc as of now. So far its also not much future proof either, it barely buys us some time. Plus considering the state our economy, we don't seem to be in a position to have proper air superiority fighter in good numbers. 70 odd F16s can't help us much in a full scale war, but will be good enough for skirmishes like 27th Feb. We need 150+ air superiority fighters. 250+ JFs.

its not even the same class of jets so don’t expect jft to outmaneuver those jets or anything

JF-17 in Turkey for Anatolian Eagle exercise. I am sure more images will start following soon as the exersice commences.

1623911357336.png

1623911385043.png

1623911441839.png

get ready for injuns to make excuses about why the JF17 was able to hold its own against the Qatari rafales including but not limited to "Qatari pilots are no good" and "Qatari rafales are inferior to injun rafales" and when all else fails then "Qataris sold out to the PAF and purposefully failed in exchange for hobara busturds and lucrative lng contracts". :lol:
Lets dua for the best and pray to Almighty Allah for the success.. btw never underestimate your enemies and never forget to ask for the "Fazal of Allah" in any mission

Would be nice to see how JF17 Does vs the Rafale Jets, having it also go against the F16 Turkish birds , very interesting match up

Too bad a handful of F-15 were not available from Saudia to be mix
I think both pak and Turkey will learn a lot from this exercise. PAF officers in the Qatari airforce know very well the strengths and weaknesses of the Rafaels. India doesn't know anything about jf17. Their mantra is its Chinese with pak ensign on it. So it's rubbish. I hope this continues till you get an sd10 up their Rafael as5

Good Lord, they outta reduce the size of the Serial Number on the tail. An astronaut could probably spot it from space.

The Serial Number is bigger than the insignia, itself.

Speaking of which..., have they ditched the other 'Panther' insignia which they introduced early last year?

JF-17 Tail.jpg

Clipart for that one is all over the .net used by High Schools in the US as a mascot for their Athletics Dept.

Panther.png

There is no confidence being exhibited here. They need to assess foreign pilot's capabilities and their training on those machines. Its for assessment & training purposes only. JF is not going to do any wonders there specially against Rafales. Most probably it would keep up with F16s, get *** handed down by Rafales and based on this knowledge they will think what aircraft to buy next/ what weapon to integrate/ or what targets to achieve in block 4 (if there's any)
Apparently according to the French journalist, embedded with Charles de Gaulle , even PAF Mirages held on to their *** when they had the opportunity to exercise with French naval Rafales as far back as in 2006. So don't just write off JF-17 just yet.

Our JF is a sitting duck in the air when compared to modern & high end fighters like Rafale from 4+ Gen! It takes quite some time & slow seconds to climb up to the altitude & start manoeuvring, but yet again as soon as it starts its 1st maneuverer, it starts to loose altitude. I believe pilot did not use much after burner during the climb, why? I don't know! Airframe and design I believe has potential, engine is its weak point. If another engine can offer boost in power without affecting fuel consumption and weight then our JF would be able to kick some behind! Till then it would be silly to pitch it against any high end modern fighter specially in within visual range fight. Its maybe a great replacement for mirages 3/5, F7s, but can't match F16s & Gripens etc as of now. So far its also not much future proof either, it barely buys us some time. Plus considering the state our economy, we don't seem to be in a position to have proper air superiority fighter in good numbers. 70 odd F16s can't help us much in a full scale war, but will be good enough for skirmishes like 27th Feb. We need 150+ air superiority fighters. 250+ JFs.

I don’t think you understand even the basic concept of the Jf-17, like so so many others who start laying out their dreams and wishes without understanding why the JF-17 is a good aircraft.

The JF-17 is not meant to be the best aircraft in any metric, if Pakistan wanted it could make something as good as the Rafale with China, very very easily. But then we would have an aircraft that costs 140 million USD per unit and we can only get like 30 of them, while our requirement is of over 200 aircraft to replace older types. The JF-17 was literally designed to be as cheap as bloody possible, while also being a potent modern platform, it quite literally offers 80% of an F-16s capability at 1/4th the cost, what more do you want out of the thing?! You can’t expect a dual-engine air superiority fighter for 25 mil. Please be realistic.

a single JF-17 isn’t better than a bigger aircraft like an EF or a Rafale, but you get 5 JFs for the cost of one Rafale, now tell me which is the better option for the PAF which also has to manage funds so meticulously.
The PAF needs a decently capable aircraft in large numbers, which is what the JF-17 is. For harder tasks we have our F-16s and another more potent platform on the way. The PAF brass know what they’re doing, let them handle it.

Moreover your platform doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to use it correctly. A JF-17 in the PAFs hands is already better than half the IAFs fleet apart from their SU30s (wonder how that fared on the 27th…) and Rafales.

and lastly, please don’t judge an aircrafts performance based off an air-show video. It’s just not going to tell you the full story.

No air refuelling pods?
Air-refueling pods can be attached or removed as needed on any aircraft, if a mission doesn’t demand them they aren’t equipped to keep weight and drag down. The exercise is in Turkey which only operates F-16s, the air-refueling system used for those is incompatible with the JF-17 (and any other aircraft that use probe refueling), which means air-refueling won’t be part of the exercise, at least for the JFs, as Turkish tankers cannot refuel them. Hence no need to equip it.

Lets dua for the best and pray to Almighty Allah for the success.. btw never underestimate your enemies and never forget to ask for the "Fazal of Allah" in any mission
Ameen sum Ameen
No air refuelling pods?
They are removable, not permanent and are not required for air exercises since they won't be on long drawn out CAPs and long range missions requiring refueling.

Back
Top Bottom