What's new

An Artist in Exile Tests India’s Democratic Ideals

I was not asking for your name.

Are you so dense that you can't figure out who I was referring to?

If you cannot show that much capability than why am I waste my time debating with you? Clearly you have the IQ of a gnat.

Perhaps so.. But my points about you are still valid and unless you realize that you are being unreasonable, this will be other's impression on you.. For God's sake, this is a forum to discuss and not a propoganda centre or free advertising agency for your articles and assumptions.:disagree:

I did in post #218 which states basically your comment made no sense since I was originally responding to Goodperson. It was for this reason I questioned the level of your IQ since your comprehension and ability to follow the track of arguments in threads appears to be severely lacking.

Leave the personal attacks out of this.

Continuously accusing someone of 'hating XYZ' is of no use, and reduces the level of the discussion. Argue against the flaws in someones argument or don't respond.

Secondly, nothing irritates me more than members telling other members to 'ignore so and so' - that decision is for each member to make on his/he own, so please don't waste forum bandwidth handing out such 'sage' advice.

All right everyone.

This tirade and name calling between MBI Munshi and the Indians has gone on far too long.

Understand that the two sides will probably never agree on many things, but that does not mean resorting to name calling and flaming comments like "XYZ hater, razakar, etc", or insulting other members intellect.

If you think a post has opinions that are completely 'wack' then it should be a simple exercise to point out why the opinions are wrong, without resorting to name calling. If you cannot come to agreement, agree to disagree, and discontinue the discussion.

I would appreciate it if the parties involved would agree to start on a fresh note, and leave the bitterness behind.

Take a moment out to post your agreement or disagreement with this please.

There is nothing unintelligent is post from "aerial" , it would have been nice to advice him to introduce himself first in introduction section.

Is Indian Secularism is again in Danger ? I see MOSSAD and " aggrived RAW" hand in Targeting hapless woman.

I was forced to leave India once again: Taslima

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 1653 hrs IS

Delhi, November 14: Exiled Bangladeshi author Taslima Nasreen has again been 'forced' to leave India after her brief stay India, prompting the controversial writer to question the country's alleged secular credentials.
The writer, who returned to India on August 8, said she had to leave on October 15 following the government's dictum. "Yes, I was forced to leave India once again. The government gave me resident permit for 6 months with a secret condition that I must leave the country in a few days," she said in an e-mail interview.

The ex-physician-turned-feminist author, who is under attack from Muslim fundamentalists for her book 'Lajja', said she is now somewhere in Europe, delivering lectures.

Taslima's second exit from India comes seven months after she was forced to leave the country in view of protests by fundamentalist groups against her presence in New Delhi.

Prior to her departure, she had been living in Kolkata since 1994 after being exiled from Bangladesh over her book, which was dubbed anti-Islam by the fundamentalists.

"The condition of getting permission to reside in India is yet a direction for not to reside in India."

She said she will "go back" to India in January. "As the door of Bangladesh is closed for me, my home, I still consider, is in India, in the West Bengal city of Kolkata. If I am not allowed to return there, then it is back to nomadic existence again, without a land, without a home," the author said.

Expressing her angst over being shunted out again and again, she said "India, which prides itself of being the world's largest democracy, an allegedly secular state, could not give shelter to me."

"They (India) could not give shelter to a person whose entire life has been spent in the cause of secular humanism, a person without land or home, who regarded India as her land and Kolkata as her home...," Taslima said.

"I was shocked to see that not a single political party, organisation or institution protested against the way I was treated (in India). Not many individuals, who are regarded as the standard bearer of secularism, have spoken for me," said the Bengali writer of much talked-about books like 'Amar Meyebela' (My Girlhood), 'Utal Hawa' (Wild Wind) and 'Dwikhondito' (Split-up in Two).

Asked whether she still preferred to live in Kolkata, the place from where she was forcibly ousted on November 22 last year, the two-time "Ananda Award" winner said, "Yes, I still prefer Kolkata. I hope I would be allowed to live in Kolkata. I also request Pranab Babu (External Affairs Minister) and Buddha Babu (West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadev Bhattacharya) to allow me to live in the city," she said.

The author also said that she had no hard feelings against the West Bengal Chief Minister despite that fact that he banned her book 'Dwikhondito'.

"I still respect Buddha Babu even though he has banned my book which encouraged the fundamentalists to issue fatwa against me and start campaign ultimately resulting in my ouster from the city of joy," said the recipient of Simone de Beauvoir Feminist Award, 2008.

Taslima said she is writing her sixth autobiographical book. "I am writing the sixth part of my autobiography while giving lectures on important issues like human rights and freedom of expression," she said.

I was forced to leave India once again: Taslima

It is probably true that Indian secularism is in danger especially when army officers start assisting Hindu fanatics to blow stuff up -

COLONEL ACCUSED OF AIDING HINDU TERRORISTS

Indian army officer arrested over deadly bombing

Holiday Desk

An Indian army officer was arrested earlier on Wednesday last in connection with bomb blasts in two western Indian towns that killed five people and were blamed on a Hindu militant group, Reuter reported from New Delhi quoting an Indian government lawyer said. Officers from the anti-terrorism squad in Mumbai questioned lieutenant-colonel Srikant Purohit, a Hindu, for days before finally arresting him.

"He was arrested this morning and is being produced in court," said Ajay Misar, a government lawyer acting in the case. The officer is accused of helping Hindu militants with bomb-making and other logistics in the attack in the Muslim-dominated towns of Malegaon and Modasa in September. A retired soldier was also questioned in the case, which has embarrassed the Indian army. Three other people, all Hindus, had already been arrested in connection with the Sept. 29 attacks.

The Reuter report says for years, bomb attacks in India have mostly been blamed on Islamist militants. Even attacks on mosques were often blamed on Islamists seeking to spark communal tensions between India's majority Hindus and minority Muslims. Muslim leaders have accused authorities of conducting a witch hunt and reinforcing stereotypes about their community after dozens of Muslims were detained following a string of bomb attacks across the country this year. In August, two suspected Hindu militant fundamentalists died while trying to build a bomb in the northern town of Kanpur.

HOLIDAY > FRONT PAGE

It is probably true that Indian secularism is in danger especially when army officers start assisting Hindu fanatics to blow stuff up -

COLONEL ACCUSED OF AIDING HINDU TERRORISTS

Indian army officer arrested over deadly bombing

Holiday Desk

An Indian army officer was arrested earlier on Wednesday last in connection with bomb blasts in two western Indian towns that killed five people and were blamed on a Hindu militant group, Reuter reported from New Delhi quoting an Indian government lawyer said. Officers from the anti-terrorism squad in Mumbai questioned lieutenant-colonel Srikant Purohit, a Hindu, for days before finally arresting him.

"He was arrested this morning and is being produced in court," said Ajay Misar, a government lawyer acting in the case. The officer is accused of helping Hindu militants with bomb-making and other logistics in the attack in the Muslim-dominated towns of Malegaon and Modasa in September. A retired soldier was also questioned in the case, which has embarrassed the Indian army. Three other people, all Hindus, had already been arrested in connection with the Sept. 29 attacks.

The Reuter report says for years, bomb attacks in India have mostly been blamed on Islamist militants. Even attacks on mosques were often blamed on Islamists seeking to spark communal tensions between India's majority Hindus and minority Muslims. Muslim leaders have accused authorities of conducting a witch hunt and reinforcing stereotypes about their community after dozens of Muslims were detained following a string of bomb attacks across the country this year. In August, two suspected Hindu militant fundamentalists died while trying to build a bomb in the northern town of Kanpur.

HOLIDAY > FRONT PAGE

It is probably true that Indian secularism is in safe hands especially when "EVEN" army officer(s) is arrested for assisting Hindu fanatics to blow stuff up.

It is probably true that Indian secularism is in safe hands especially when "EVEN" army officer(s) is arrested for assisting Hindu fanatics to blow stuff up.

That would mean Hindu fanatics believe in secularism and are blowing up stuff to protect it against Muslims. An interesting but twisted logic.

Any way MOSSAD hands and arrived RAW are always Involved Artiste's exile be it Hussein or Taslima, but hey Taslima is not Indian.

About your posts about Hindus, Its Indian agencies who are investigating the news against them is played by Indian media daily the charges are not proven culprits will be sentenced by Indian courts. Please stick to the thread topic as warned by AM.

Last edited:
alright, point no 1) If the artist was sent back because he hurt some ones' feelings, then I fail to understand why thats not secularism. Secularism does not mean bearing someone even if he is hurting someone else.. he should be put in jail for it!!

2) There is ample evidence that muslims do get to high posts in India (previous president) and so its a direct proof that not all muslims in India are ill treated!!

3) Anyone hurting other religious sentiments should be tried in court for spreading communal disharmony - art does not mean making a mockery of the other person!!

Back
Top Bottom