What's new

An Artist in Exile Tests India’s Democratic Ideals

Who thought a African American be a President of America? Similarly their may be a Muslim PM for India, But current crop of Muslim leaders are not good.
We had a lot during Independence struggle.

By the way Vasco da gama discovered India in 1498, Columbus went in search of India and discovered America. Even native Americans are called red Indians. So India did exists then.

Can a Hindu ever dream of President in Bangladesh or Pakistan nope because their constitution says so.

But India would never support a corrupt person as its PM get the message ?

The claim that India did not exist before 1947 is so ridiculously absurd that its not even worth replying.

A certain famous institute in Agra offers a prize for handing such inmates to them to protect the remaining sane society.

The very fact, that you are able to quote something against India, comment about India from an Indian magazine, is ample proof, that my country is a democratic nation with freedom to the press. Further the question of a Muslim PM being raised in a widely read magazine strengthens the fact, that there is a large section of people who really do mind a Muslim PM and are in fact welcoming such a move to reinforce the concept of Secularism.

Can you dare do that in your Country or in an Islamic Republic?? :disagree:

Well said:enjoy:
It took more than 200 years for an African American orgin, who are minorities, to become the first president of USA. But India already have several minorities in Top positions. :azn:

Before 1947 there was no India so what are you talking about?

Where did the name East India Company come from, if India did not exist before 1947? Do you know what year East India company started also?

And Mr. Munshi please answer this question because you make statements but never answer. Warning!!! do not envolve RAW and Mosad also.

But India would never support a corrupt person as its PM get the message ?

Does Rajiv Gandhi and Bofors ring a bell? Sanjay wasn't much better but he was tolerated by Indira. I also a recall a corruption trial involving Narasima Rao and allegations that Congress bought votes to get the nuclear deal through Parliament. Wasn't there supposed to be an investigation about that or was that all swept under the carpet also?

No India would never elect corrupts. Who could ever think of such a thing? :crazy:

Last edited:
Where did the name East India Company come from, if India did not exist before 1947? Do you know what year East India company started also?

For the British India was a commercial enterprise and the word India was a convenient anglicized logo relating to the Indus valley or some such thing. India only became a serious governing venture after 1857 but not in the sense it had taken on after 1947. Before 1947 its geographical boundaries were interspersed with hundreds of royal principalities and the British maintained it administratively as a colony not as full blown state.

Does Rajiv Gandhi and Bofors ring a bell? Sanjay wasn't much better but he was tolerated by Indira. I also a recall a corruption trial involving Narasima Rao and allegations that Congress bought votes to get the nuclear deal through Parliament. Wasn't there supposed to be an investigation about that or was that all swept under the carpet also?

No India would never elect corrupts. Who could ever think of such a thing? :crazy:

For the British India was a commercial enterprise and the word India was a convenient anglicized logo relating to the Indus valley or some such thing. India only became a serious governing venture after 1857 but not in the sense it had taken on after 1947. Before 1947 its geographical boundaries were interspersed with hundreds of royal principalities and the British maintained it administratively as a colony not as full blown state.

So.. The normal people of any country vote for a person because he is corrupt.. Isnt that what you are trying to assert sir? Democracy is a self correcting process and is often a long drawn out and slow process. The US of A was not a country with totally incorrupted leaders. They had their own share of Corruptions and other problems before correcting themselves to this level. and as for your assertions that India never existed before 1947, I am reminded of a homily where in the Cat closes its eyes and thinks that the world has gone Dark. Or am I being reminded about the Ostrich? Whatever you say, we were here and we are here and we will be here..

PS : Please dont try to divert this topic again to RAW, MOSSAD and Banging elephants

So.. The normal people of any country vote for a person because he is corrupt.. Isnt that what you are trying to assert sir? Democracy is a self correcting process and is often a long drawn out and slow process. The US of A was not a country with totally incorrupted leaders. They had their own share of Corruptions and other problems before correcting themselves to this level. and as for your assertions that India never existed before 1947, I am reminded of a homily where in the Cat closes its eyes and thinks that the world has gone Dark. Or am I being reminded about the Ostrich? Whatever you say, we were here and we are here and we will be here..

What are you talking about? Please make sense. The assertion about corruption came from Goodperson.

If it is not enough with one Indian banging elephants and horses I immediately find another one dreaming about cats and ostriches. What is it with you Indians and animals? No wonder you guys named your external intelligency agency RAW.

This troll is making a nuisance of himself.

Time for someone to claim the reward from the Agra "Pagalkana".

What are you talking about? Please make sense. The assertion about corruption came from Goodperson.

If it is not enough with one Indian banging elephants and horses I immediately find another one dreaming about cats and ostriches. What is it with you Indians and animals? No wonder you guys named your external intelligency agency RAW.

Munshi! You are incorrigible. Its impossible to argue with a headstrong person who lets nothing to get thru to his thick head. I understand that nationalism may dim one's reasoning power. But AFAIK me and a lot of my friends have been trying to correct your malignant view's on India.. You see everything from a RAW angle and you dont argue against the points raised by d person, but rather against the person and his country.. I give up my hope of trying to have a reasonable debate with you. I will try as much not to respond to u, so i wont waste my precious time on !@#!#! :disagree:

Coming from a coward who makes accusations behind a pseudonym.

It is the Indians on this thread who are headstrong. There have been some very cogent arguments made but they are avoided and idiotic comments about cookie jars are made. An issue which I have shown to be complete nonsense several times over. The Indians should stop hiding behind lies and cowardice and face the issues head on.

Coming from a coward who makes accusations behind a pseudonym.
It is the Indians on this thread who are headstrong. There have been some very cogent arguments made but they are avoided and idiotic comments about cookie jars are made. An issue which I have shown to be complete nonsense several times over. The Indians should stop hiding behind lies and cowardice and face the issues head on.

My name is Rahul.. If you wanted to know it , you could have asked me.. I thought it was obvious. But then, I should have realized that it could not be so much obvious to you
Just because you post in your name does not make you the last Samurai. Now go pick on someone of your psychological age(13-19). I maybe younger to you, but atleast am open to reason. I have a life of my own.

I dont wallow in the **** of hate like some who fail to realize that there is more in life than writing the socio-economic problems of the next country, when their own homeland needs some quick propping up..

Last edited:
My name is Rahul.. If you wanted to know it ,

I was not asking for your name.

Are you so dense that you can't figure out who I was referring to?

If you cannot show that much capability than why am I waste my time debating with you? Clearly you have the IQ of a gnat.

Back
Top Bottom