What's new

Amrullah Saleh house under attack

I hope he and his guests are dead in thst attack.. If not then someone should try again in a couple of days with a better approach.

They need to pick them one by one.

Lol, so 40 to 50% are not majority? But remaining 50% who are hazara, tajik, uzbek, turkmen, nuristani, baloch,,etc are majority?

Besides who told you that only Pushtuns are part of that organization? Where do you get such nonsense infos?

Bhai math seekhlo pehle please. To form majority you have to be over 50 %.

And yes it is a largely Pashtun dominated organisation. It may have some non Pashtun members too but vast majority are Pashtuns. The Northern Alliance which opposed the Taliban was formed by the other ethnic groups in Afghanistan.

This is Vedic logic, just leave it bro. After this guy made that post in response to what I said. I realized that these people are on another level and there is no reasoning with them. I don't know if this guy is high on acid or what but honestly it doesn't matter. Let him stew in his own stupidity.

I don't know what I am high on but I am certainly higher on Math as compared to you too.

And thankfully for this forum, I won't resort to personally attacks like you when I have no argument to make and decrease the level of discourse here.

It's quite ridiculous that Trump is even thinking of leaving Afghanistan under the present circumstances. Can this Taliban be trusted with honouring any commitment they make in a peace agreement. I believe someone will knock some sense into Trump soon.
The Americans are mentally and financially drained. They've had enough. They are desperate for a way out.
Trump knows what's going to happen and he doesn't give a ****. All he wants is to get out with a modicum of dignity before the next election and be able to declare victory.
How about you lot send your army in to support the current government if it bothers you that much?

The Americans are mentally and financially drained. They've had enough. They are desperate for a way out.
Trump knows what's going to happen and he doesn't give a ****. All he wants is to get out with a modicum of dignity before the next election and be able to declare victory.
How about you lot send your army in to support the current government if it bothers you that much?

We lose more than we gain sending our army there. Loss of soft power, loss of money and lives etc. Besides, it would create even more tension between India and Pakistan. It's very different for the NATO to be there and for India to be there.

And yes it is a largely Pashtun dominated organisation. It may have some non Pashtun members too but vast majority are Pashtuns. The Northern Alliance which opposed the Taliban was formed by the other ethnic groups in Afghanistan.

In fact, this whole discussion of ethnic composition of Afghanistan, ANA and Taliban, and its arithmetic, is not of much use. Simple thing is that India supports the current regime of ANA; since it serves India's interest, in regard to Pakistan, as well as the region. Pakistan's reason, for support to Taliban, are also the same, with one large difference that Pakistan receives the direct burnt of the political instability and disruption in Afghanistan. Consequently, both Pakistan and India, by and large, support the actions of Taliban and ANA, respectively.

We lose more than we gain sending our army there. Loss of soft power, loss of money and lives etc. Besides, it would create even more tension between India and Pakistan. It's very different for the NATO to be there and for India to be there.
Why don't you mind your own business then if you're not prepared to put your money where your mouth is.
I'll tell you why, because the Taliban with the backing of Pakistan would wipe the floor with your army. It's not the same as shooting unarmed Kashmiris. That is why you are the only country that wants the fighting to continue but want others to do the fighting.
Typically cowardly behaviour from the Indians.

Why don't you mind your own business then if you're not prepared to put your money where your mouth is.
I'll tell you why, because the Taliban with the backing of Pakistan would wipe the floor with your army. It's not the same as shooting unarmed Kashmiris. That is why you are the only country that wants the fighting to continue but want others to do the fighting.
Typically cowardly behaviour from the Indians.

Useless flame baiting ignored.

India also wants peace in Afghanistan but peace in an arrangement which is desirable to Afghans not to ISI. As long as the peace results in a government which is supported by the majority of Afghans, India is okay with it. Pakistan wants peace at the cost of a Taliban takeover, that's not what most Afghans want. Even if the Taliban were to takeover Afghanistan, it will never lead to peace, because the other factions in Afghanistan will keep fighting them like the Northern Alliance and other Pashtuns.

India also wants peace in Afghanistan but peace in an arrangement which is desirable to Afghans not to ISI. As long as the peace results in a government which is supported by the majority of Afghans, India is okay with it. Pakistan wants peace at the cost of a Taliban takeover, that's not what most Afghans want. Even if the Taliban were to takeover Afghanistan, it will never lead to peace, because the other factions in Afghanistan will keep fighting them like the Northern Alliance and other Pashtuns.

Pakistan wants peace in Afghanistan but peace in an arrangement which is desirable to Afghans not to RAW and India. As long as the peace results in a government which is supported by the majority of Afghans, Pakistan is okay with it. India wants to continue with the current Criminal Mafia AKA ANA, that's not what most Afghans want. If this current Criminal Mafia continues, it will never lead to peace, as has been evidenced in past few decades.

Pakistan wants peace in Afghanistan but peace in an arrangement which is desirable to Afghans not to RAW and India. As long as the peace results in a government which is supported by the majority of Afghans, Pakistan is okay with it. India wants to continue with the current Criminal Mafia AKA ANA, that's not what most Afghans want. If this current Criminal Mafia continues, it will never lead to peace, as has been evidenced in past few decades.

Only Pakistanis can consider the ANA, the national army of a country which comes under the national government elected by the people of the country to be a criminal mafia. There may be criminal elements within them but that doesn't turn the whole army into a mafia. Contrary to that the Pakistanis wish to see Taliban take over Afghanistan which is considered by the UN along with various countries of the world to be a designated terrorist organisation.

Only Pakistanis can consider the ANA, the national army of a country which comes under the national government elected by the people of the country to be a criminal mafia. There may be criminal elements within them but that doesn't turn the whole army into a mafia. Contrary to that the Pakistanis wish to see Taliban take over Afghanistan which is considered by the UN along with various countries of the world to be a designated terrorist organisation.

First apology for a misspell. I meant current so-called Afghan National Government, and not Afghan National Army.

It hardly matters to us, what others, including particularly India, think about Afghan Taliban and current Afghan Government. We don't consider Afghan Taliban as a so-called terrorist group and, never had. As it is in Pakistan's interest, Pakistan supports Afghan Taliban to have their due legitimate role in governing Afghanistan, which has been denied to them, since long. As for, what type of political system should be in Afghanistan and what should be the role of Taliban in it, it is better left to the people of Afghanistan to decide; since it is their internal matter.

First apology for a misspell. I meant current so-called Afghan National Government, and not Afghan National Army.

It hardly matters to us, what others, including particularly India, think about Afghan Taliban and current Afghan Government. We don't consider Afghan Taliban as a so-called terrorist group and, never had. As it is in Pakistan's interest, Pakistan supports Afghan Taliban to have their due legitimate role in governing Afghanistan, which has been denied to them, since long. As for, what type of political system should be in Afghanistan and what should be the role of Taliban in it, it is better left to the people of Afghanistan to decide; since it is their internal matter.

If Taliban wishes to become a part of the democratic set up in Afghanistan and come to power by winning elections no one in the world would have a problem with that. But they wish to come power not by winning elections but by the barrel of a gun. Wonder why. If they and Pakistan are so sure of their popularity, why not let them fight the elections.

If Taliban wishes to become a part of the democratic set up in Afghanistan and come to power by winning elections no one in the world would have a problem with that. But they wish to come power not by winning elections but by the barrel of a gun. Wonder why. If they and Pakistan are so sure of their popularity, why not let them fight the elections.

I think, you are forgetting the recent history. These Taliban were forced out of the power, not be any so-called democratic process, or even by some pro-democracy political movement, but by the force of the gun, by US, and then another selected setup was installed, again, by the power of the same gun. Thereafter, that country is under the shadow of that foreign gun for the last 18 years. But that is not the point. The point is that it is the prerogative of the people of Afghanistan, that what type of political system they want in their country. Whether democracy, or whatever. It is non of at least my business. In any case, still many of the Muslim countries are under autocratic regimes. So, why can't also be Afghanistan, if it is so.

Useless flame baiting ignored.

It's got nothing to do with what India wants. Afghanistan doesn't have a border with India. The only interest India has in Afghanistan is a platform to destabilise Pakistan.
What we will never accept is a government that is under the control of India. Everything else is acceptable. If India has any kind of influence in Afghanistan you can bet your life there will be no peace in Afghanistan. It's a red line that we will enforce at any cost and all the interested parties know this. Otherwise the Americans will be here for another 18 years.

I think, you are forgetting the recent history. These Taliban were forced out of the power, not be any so-called democratic process, or even by some pro-democracy political movement, but by the force of the gun, by US, and then another selected setup was installed, again, by the power of the same gun. Thereafter, that country is under the shadow of that foreign gun for the last 18 years. But that is not the point. The point is that it is the prerogative of the people of Afghanistan, that what type of political system they want in their country. Whether democracy, or whatever. It is non of at least my business. In any case, still many of the Muslim countries are under autocratic regimes. So, why can't also be Afghanistan, if it is so.

If you read surveys on Afghan public opinion, most of them do not support the Taliban, including the Pashtuns, who in any case make up 50% or less of Afghanistan's population.

It's got nothing to do with what India wants. Afghanistan doesn't have a border with India. The only interest India has in Afghanistan is a platform to destabilise Pakistan.
What we will never accept is a government that is under the control of India. Everything else is acceptable. If India has any kind of influence in Afghanistan you can bet your life there will be no peace in Afghanistan. It's a red line that we will enforce at any cost and all the interested parties know this. Otherwise the Americans will be here for another 18 years.

India has interests in Afghanistan for trade with Central Asia and also to ensure that it doesn't become a hotbed of anti-India terrorists as it had become during the Taliban rule in 1996-2001.

Afghans and the government they elect must have the right to choose whose influence they want in their country more. It is their fundamental right. And you are trying to take that right away from the Afghans.

Again, the same thing, if you are so sure about the wishes of the Afghan people to see Taliban take control, why not convince the Taliban to become a part of the democratic process, win the elections and then do whatever they want.

If you read surveys on Afghan public opinion, most of them do not support the Taliban, including the Pashtuns, who in any case make up 50% or less of Afghanistan's population.

India has interests in Afghanistan for trade with Central Asia and also to ensure that it doesn't become a hotbed of anti-India terrorists as it had become during the Taliban rule in 1996-2001.

Afghans and the government they elect must have the right to choose whose influence they want in their country more. It is their fundamental right. And you are trying to take that right away from the Afghans.

Again, the same thing, if you are so sure about the wishes of the Afghan people to see Taliban take control, why not convince the Taliban to become a part of the democratic process, win the elections and then do whatever they want.
I refer you to my previous answer.
The bottom line is that we will not tolerate Indian influence in Afghanistan and we will use all means necessary to achieve that outcome.

Back
Top Bottom