What's new

Among the Non-Believers

Few questions sir,
Please do ask those 4 gentlemen, how many of them were ever mistreated because of their religion.
Did they enjoy every legal and constitutional right as every other Indian?
Were they given additional rights and privileges under minority reservation act?
In what way,shape or form was there any infringement on their identity? were they forced to go to hindu temple, were there burqas banned, were there right to polygamy infringed upon, Were they not allowed to pray 5 times, were they force fed haram meat or alcohol by the govt of India, Were any members of their families abducted,converted? Was the media elite on national television derogatory to them to intentionally marginalize their community?

They have a divided opinion on that. Some say the discrimination is institutional while others negate it. However, they all agree that they face prejudice/discrimination when dealing with the society and individuals in it. From talking to them, I have gathered that most of them feel insecure about their rights in India. They feel they are more prone to being mistreated and the governemnt won't do much to protect them. Now either they are being brainwashed to think this way or they have genuine issues which give way to this sense of insecurity. You take a pick.

Mind you, they won't pick any other country over India, but would rather spend as much time as possible away from it. They still want to go back to it one day , but not just yet.

Read my other posts on how they face discrimination. It exists in behaviors if not in institutions.

thats why Pak was created, and they have every right to go there. Since they are not doing it, it means they are lying to you or you are lying to us.QUOTE]

What you want to make of my posts is upto you. They chose to stay back in India wanting to make it their home, and they want to be able to do that. As I said before, they are patriotic, not just satisfied with how their country treats them.

BTW, it is exactly this line of thinking which gives way to discrimination against the Muslims.

They actually don't have an answer to that. They say they are hated simply becasue they are Muslims, and it bothers them to the core. Just yesterday my colleague was telling me how increasingly difficult it was for him to work at JP Morgan Bombay being the only Muslim in the HR department. He was constantly put down, sidelined and ridiculed just becasue he was a Muslim. Was given looks, and rated poorly becasue he took his prayer breaks.

He was hired becasue according to the mangement he didn't look like a Muslim and his name was different as well. He was mistaken for a Hindu Gujrati. He said there's no policy stating Muslims can't be hired but it was an unwritten law, and was pretty evident. He was the only Muslim among the 80 or so HR professionals from Bombay and Banglore JP Morgan combined.

Now mate - that is something questionable from your friends. Why is that? I work for a similar bank here which has offices in India as well and discrimination will be treated with contempt internally within any such bank and this is the case for all the companies here in US. And do you know every employee is asked to sign a document forbiding them to practice discrimination/sexual harassment at the work place? Do you know management level people are asked to take HR training specifically to instill them these policies? If still your friends had faced discrimination from certain individual, then there are various remedial measures available internally or even for external settlement facilitated by the bank itself. And trust me if I was facing such a situation, then I would be rich ;)

thats why Pak was created, and they have every right to go there. Since they are not doing it, it means they are lying to you or you are lying to us.QUOTE]

What you want to make of my posts is upto you. They chose to stay back in India wanting to make it their home, and they want to be able to do that. As I said before, they are patriotic, not just satisfied with how their country treats them.

BTW, it is exactly this line of thinking which gives way to discrimination against the Muslims.

i am also not satisfied the way I am treated since i am from a FC. but i dont go bad mouthing to a person from some other country

Now mate - that is something questionable from your friends. Why is that? I work for a similar bank here which has offices in India as well and discrimination will be treated with contempt internally within any such bank and this is the case for all the companies here in US. And do you know every employee is asked to sign a document forbiding them to practice discrimination/sexual harassment at the work place? Do you know management level people are asked to take HR training specifically to instill them these policies? If still your friends had faced discrimination from certain individual, then there are various remedial measures available internally or even for external settlement facilitated by the bank itself. And trust me if I was facing such a situation, then I would be rich ;)

As I said bro, it all looks good on the paper, but things are different in reality. The whole mangement is Hindu, you are the only Muslim guy among your entire HR team consisting of 80 individuals, and you are a fresh MBA. Take this into account, and there's not much you can do about it. He did what anyone would, spend a decent time in the organization to learn the trade and grab the first opportunity to get out of there. Went to Dubai, and now he's in Saudi with me.

We won't be third world countries if laws were implemented and followed by the book.

i am also not satisfied the way I am treated since i am from a FC. but i dont go bad mouthing to a person from some other country

It's not bad mouthing, it's human nature to confide in people you trust and feel safe with. I call a spade a spade and so should you. We agree on more things than we disgaree on because we are honest about the strengths and weaknesses of our respective countries.

As I said bro, it all looks good on the paper, but things are different in reality. The whole mangement is Hindu, you are the only Muslim guy among your entire HR team consisting of 80 individuals, and you are a fresh MBA. Take this into account, and there's not much you can do about it. He did what anyone would, spend a decent time in the organization to learn the trade and grab the first opportunity to get out of there. Went to Dubai, and now he's in Saudi with me.

We won't be third world countries if laws were implemented and followed by the book.

It's not bad mouthing, it's human nature to confide in people you trust and feel safe with. I call a spade a spade and so should you. We agree on more things than we disgaree on because we are honest about the strengths and weaknesses of our respective countries.

I agree that they may not feel confident because Islam is a religion that keeps on killing untili the strongest sect stays alive in the end. so they want to have their own country , which they got (Pak). now if they still dont go there to feel safer how is that my problem?

why the f**k people want to discuss about the state of pakistani hindus?????

we south asians are hilarious.nobody gives a damn when a hindu die of hunger in india but we do give a damn when a pakistani hindu got persecuted.
this sh8t is hilarious as hell :hitwall:

oye aunty jee miene to kahin nai dekha delhi mein muslims ko naam badalte hue and my muslims friend are richer then me.especially iranis and bangladeshis are very rich community.
ja ja jhutiye :P

They have a divided opinion on that. Some say that the discrimination is institutional while others negate it. However, they all agree that they face prejudice/discrimination when dealing with the society and individuals in it. From talking to them, what I have gathered is that most of them feel insecure about their rights in India. They feel they are more prone to being mistreated and the governemnt won't do much to protect them. Now either they are being brainwashed to think this way or they have genuine issues which give way to this sense of insecurity. You take a pick.

Mind you, they won't pick any other country over India, but would rather spend as much time as possible away from it. They still want to go back to it one day , but not just yet.

Read my other posts on how they face discrimination. It exists in behaviors if not in institutions.

"................ most of them feel insecure about their rights in India"
The key word is insecure here, the fact of being a minority comes with fear social inequality in every culture, hence insecurity

If a Muslim candidate does pursue education in science and technology, He has the potential to become the no.1 scientist in the country and later the president of the country too.
If a parsi candidate joins the army, he can potentially become a Field Marshal.
If a Christian candidate joins the air force he can potentially become a Air chief marshal
If a jewish candidate joins armed forces, he might become the general who makes enemies surrender
If a Sikh candidate joins politics, he might end up becoming the prime minister
Even the constitution of the country was written by a dalit/buddhist candidate

I can prove there is no institutional discrimination against any one in India, As far as society is concerned again there might be remote cases in the country that houses 1/6th of the world population, but those are not social indicators. What you perceive as discrimination is actually acknowledgement of distinction, which is a human trait, and will remain in the society for ever.
But let not confuse this with lack of constitutional justice and rights. People especially associated with land with a history of thousands of years will identify themselves based on various parameters such as religion, language, lineage, caste creed, and in recent times with education, social status, occupation etc. These filters are often applied to form various groups, open minded people have lesser social filters, I personally had 5 muslim friends in school college and later at work, I also courted a muslim girl in college for more than a year. I have come across idiots who dont understand muslims and their religious sentiments, but haven't come across "discrimination",

"................ most of them feel insecure about their rights in India"
The key word is insecure here, the fact of being a minority comes with fear social inequality in every culture, hence insecurity

If a Muslim candidate does pursue education in science and technology, He has the potential to become the no.1 scientist in the country and later the president of the country too.
If a parsi candidate joins the army, he can potentially become a Field Marshal.
If a Christian candidate joins the air force he can potentially become a Air chief marshal
If a jewish candidate joins armed forces, he might become the general who makes enemies surrender
If a Sikh candidate joins politics, he might end up becoming the prime minister
Even the constitution of the country was written by a dalit/buddhist candidate

I can prove there is no institutional discrimination against any one in India, As far as society is concerned again there might be remote cases in the country that houses 1/6th of the world population, but those are not social indicators. What you perceive as discrimination is actually acknowledgement of distinction, which is a human trait, and will remain in the society for ever.
But let not confuse this with lack of constitutional justice and rights. People especially associated with land with a history of thousands of years will identify themselves based on various parameters such as religion, language, lineage, caste creed, and in recent times with education, social status, occupation etc. These filters are often applied to form various groups, open minded people have lesser social filters, I personally had 5 muslim friends in school college and later at work, I also courted a muslim girl in college for more than a year. I have come across idiots who dont understand muslims and their religious sentiments, but haven't come across "discrimination",

To each his own then I guess. I have nothing to gain from proving that India treats it's minorities badly, I don't rejoice when other people fall. In the end, It's your country and your people feeling bad about their place in the society. It's gonna hurt Indians more than anyone if the situation continues to prepetuates. Take what you may from it.

I agree that they may not feel confident because Islam is a religion that keeps on killing untili the strongest sect stays alive in the end. so they want to have their own country , which they got (Pak). now if they still dont go there to feel safer how is that my problem?

You are right, it's not your problem. My bad.

BTW, your refernce to Muslims killing indefinitly is flawed. Let me know if you are interested in learning the right point, and I will give you some material to read up on.

Mabs, I believe you. Its really sad.
I know my muslim friends wont tell me, so thanks for posting it.

Indian Muslims pose as Hindus to get jobs

She ducks into a toilet stall on the platform and remerges a few moments later, transformed in a sari with vermillion powder on her forehead, and red and white conch bangles on her wrists - the symbols of a traditional, married Hindu woman.

Ms Begum is one of a number of India's 150 million Muslims who adopt Hindu identities to avoid discrimination in the workplace.

"For the the whole day I shall maintain this Hindu appearance. My name is Laxmi, you know it's also the name of the Hindu goddess," she says.

"Before leaving home I took off my armband on which 'Allah' is embossed and put on whatever a Hindu woman usually wears. I live in a Muslim village. Villagers will feel bad to see me with the symbols of a Hindu woman."

Ms Begum says she tried unsuccessfully to find a job for many years before deciding to hide her Muslim identity. Posing as a Hindu woman, she got her current job as an ayah (nursemaid) in a private hospital.

"Recently my hospital asked me to look for some girls to work there, but they asked me not to bring any Muslim candidate for the interview. If by chance they get to know that I am Muslim, I am sure I will be fired."

Secret recruitment policies
Muslims who adopt fake Hindu identities mostly work in menial jobs in sectors where identity documents are not usually sought.

Barin Ghosh managed a domestic help and ayah supply agency in Kolkata until recently and says many recruitment agencies help Muslims find jobs by introducing them as Hindu.

"Almost 95 percent of the clients in my agency were Hindu and while seeking domestic helps, as much as 80 per centof the Hindu clients informed us that they would not employ any Muslims," Mr Ghosh says.

"Muslims being poorer, more than half of the jobseekers coming to our agency were from this minority community. Sometimes we introduced Muslim jobseekers as Hindus to our Hindu clients and they got the jobs. I am sure many placement agencies on mutual interest maintain such secret policies to help Muslims get jobs."

Anti-Muslim bias
Muslims make up 13 percent of India's population and are the country's largest minority.

However, community leaders have long alleged that an anti-Muslim bias exists in different levels of society.

In 2005, the government appointed the Sachar Commission to investigate suggestions that Muslims were disadvantaged in social, economic and educational terms.

It concluded that the socioeconomic condition of most Muslims was worse than that of the dalits, or 'untouchables', the lowest of the Hindu castes.

Ayesha Pervez, a minority rights activist, says widespread workplace discrimination means Muslims are unable to upgrade their standard of living.

"It's not just in the unorganised sector where Muslim jobseekers face the hurdle of discrimination. Even in the government sector anti-Muslim discriminatory processes are thriving," she says.

"In West Bengal where Muslims constitute 27 percent of the population, their representation in government jobs is as low as four percent. Muslim participation is also extremely low in the private sector."

Muslims as untouchables
According to Prasenjit Biswas, a professor of philosophy at the North Eastern Hill University in Meghalaya, many Hindus count Muslims as untouchables.

He says that is at the root of the anti-Muslim discrimination in India.

"The anti-Muslim bias arises out of caste Hindu mindset of untouchability that considers Muslims as lesser than even the untouchables," he says.

"The specific reason in eastern India is the deep-seated fear that the proximity of Muslims in the interior household will not only pollute the household but would bring in bad omen."

Prof Biswas says although discriminating against Muslims is illegal, it is almost impossible for those affected to provide proof.

"So, they are forced to bear with this repressive system- in many cases by disguising themselves as Hindus, in attempt to seek work and live as equals in the society."

Housing apartheid flourishes in Delhi

Most of these muslims who use this tactics in big indian cities are BanglaDeshis .

They are in india for jobs and compared to locals have fewer connections to secure it easily. Thats why they are willing to do anything including posing as hindus.

On my personal experiences i can say indian muslim women don't prefer to get out of house for jobs , forget working as maids ,they would rather do some tailloring job instead.

Back
Top Bottom