What's new

America To Sell Apaches to Pakistan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
To good to be true. I don''t know why PA has opted for MI 35, they are not full fledged attack helicopter. MI will have to dive down to take down the targets. PA could had tried to work a deal with RU & SA for MI 35 Super Hind as they are completely modified or upgraded by SA's ATE & brought into modern era.

I would go for US technology any day, but the problem is they are not giving us the required military hardware, so this does not mean PA is left without options, they can go for WZ10, MI28 Havocs or KA 52 attack helicopters but they are not, I don't know why. Similarly PAF can go for SU 30 or J 11copy of SU 30 or J 15 copy of SU 30 MKI, but they have not & are sticking with F16's which in future will become a burden & a huge problem for PAF when US will stop providing spare parts or new F16 to PAF, just like Cobras.

PD will have to plan their future for now before it is too late & they should take cobras as example.

To good to be true. I don''t know why PA has opted for MI 35, they are not full fledged attack helicopter. MI will have to dive down to take down the targets. PA could had tried to work a deal with RU & SA for MI 35 Super Hind as they are completely modified or upgraded by SA's ATE & brought into modern era.

I would go for US technology any day, but the problem is they are not giving us the required military hardware, so this does not mean PA is left without options, they can go for WZ10, MI28 Havocs or KA 52 attack helicopters but they are not, I don't know why. Similarly PAF can go for SU 30 or J 11copy of SU 30 or J 15 copy of SU 30 MKI, but they have not & are sticking with F16's which in future will become a burden & a huge problem for PAF when US will stop providing spare parts or new F16 to PAF, just like Cobras.

PD will have to plan their future for now before it is too late & they should take cobras as example.

A simple answer to your wishlist:
148406255-300x194.jpg

Having 1-2 Apache is not going to cut it

Mi-35 is ideal choice for Pakistan Military's present need for Ground Support/ Tactical Air defence and Special Op needs.

Apache is heavy on maintenence and we don't need apache to fight guys on Toyota Pickups and stolen cars

a) Expensive
b) Too much technology
c) No ability to airlift troops or rescue missions or carry supplies to war areas

My reply in another thread

"By guided weaponry I mean Turkey Citris 2.75" guided missile, they have integrated it in to cobra. Cobra/Super Cobra or T-129 loaded with guided 2.75" (which can be fired from 2-3 KM distance) for supporting Special forces intrusions or Anti-armor missile to kill large formations. Pakistan had planes to purchase super cobra or T-129, and I'm still tilted/biased about Funds sanctioned for Mi-35 should be diverted to buy either of those two heli. Does Russia develop guided 2.75" for Mi-35?

Another thing Mi-35 lack is weapon carriage capability, It carry 4 ATGM with troops on board and Unguided rockets or 8 ATGM without rockets while super cobra/T-129 has double weapon capacity that of Mi-35. It does limit Mi-35 to provide cover fire for long. While Super cobra ot T-129 carries 8 ATGM with Citiris guided rockets or 16 ATGM without guided rockets

A scenario of close proximity, special forces pinned under heavy fire, It can't use ATGM neither unguided rockets. Have to rely on it's gun from standoff point .

Taliban mostly attacks in a 10-20 groups consisting of 100-300. Our cobra has similar armament layout as Mi-35 has. Several time in middle of engagements, Cobra had to go back to base to refill it's Ammo or in clearing mountain tops, cobra fired it's 4 ATGM without significant damage and had to go back to base to refill . Mi-35 has a similar weakness

P.S. Iraqi Mi-35 were brought down with Infrared guided Anti Aircraft guns

India raises concern over Russian attack copter sale to Pakistan | Page 19

We shouldn't take Apaches even if they come with a C-5 load of free freshly baked apple pies.

Lets move on from US of A. Mi-35 will give our Spec Ops a weapon they need. APACHE is an attack heli, Hind is an 'assault' heli. Apaches cannot fulfill that role, plain and simple.

Fools will always keep falling on their face every time in the same pothole.

Can't wait to see Indian lobby in Washington foaming at the mouth. :lol:

On another note, US is willing to do anything to spite Russia, so this not about fraaaaandship with Pakistan.
Abe Indian ko pehli he bech rahe hain 22 Apaches US wale.

Tumhe bechenge to hum apna order cancel nahi kar denge... ;)

We shouldn't take Apaches even if they come with a C-5 load of free freshly baked apple pies.

Lets move on from US of A. Mi-35 will give our Spec Ops a weapon they need. APACHE is an attack heli, Hind is an 'assault' heli. Apaches cannot fulfill that role, plain and simple.
I agree. You and I rarely agree on anything :lol:

Mi 35 is a far better choice for Pakistan than Apache. It will serve Pakistan's needs well.

This News Looks more Like a Bluff to me , em not even sure US

Their are Few requirements for every defence deals which it follows than deal can be done Like
Do we have tons of extra billions dollars to buy new goodies for get he good proven Weapon at cheap rates which we can get it
Now the Goodies come with extra baging too because to train your soldiers with it repairs , future upgrade etc many things come in to play Wz 10 , or t 129 These are the new product for which Pakistan doesnt have the infrastructure for our crew dont know these producets and even their countries are trying to fill in their need and for PAKISTAN will be able to get it in few years

For the Mi 28 ND KA 52 they are around 16 million a pop nd Mi 24 is 12 million And As per the news goes **** is getting i think the used ones so it will be alot cheaper no problem of spares and Fit the need perfectly because Attack Choppers were made anti ground role Specially tanks Apache is awesome beast but with beastly price to Now if **** gets mi 24 it wont only give the ability of attack but transport as + at cheap rate and in few years chinese and turkish babies will be fully mature we can easily acquire them

I agree. You and I rarely agree on anything :lol:

Mi 35 is a far better choice for Pakistan than Apache. It will serve Pakistan's needs well.

Apache is fearsome in its own role. COIN and Anti Armor roles, its second to none.

Our Hinds would be for SSG's SOTF and for curbing narco trade from A'stan.

We want our Special Operations Task Force SOTF to have the mobility to deploy anywhere in Pakistan at any given time through a platform which integrates air lift, assault, close air support and recovery capabilities.

For replacing cobras we might stick to T-129B

Non reliable source.
I agree its bullshit
we must avoid using urdu paper stories as a basis for threads. not that they are just wrong. but also they are clueless too.

Americans facilitated in our MI-17 purchases, they overhauled our cobras for the COIN ops.. few Mi35 from Russia only help America in its Af-Pak strategy
they are no high tech, their number is insignificant, the contract value is insignificant as well. and offering Apache's as an alternative doesnt make sense.. the best Pakistan would have gone for is the Super Cobra but forget that..
a much more capable, more capable, more modern platform from Turkey is available with better finance agreement. but that also has to wait.

Mi35 for our current role fits the task exceptionally for everything that it has been used elsewhere and for everything we are using 2 or more helicopters at the moment. Med evac, dropping special ops, picking them up. and providing more firepower than cobras and Huey's combined

Why don't we wait and go for T129 from Turkey?
  • Most likely would never have strings attached
  • after some decent sale a possibility of co-production
  • not to mention ever smooth spare part supply?
But I guess I am not thinking of some aspects the higher ups have gone through.

P.S. I dont buy this news
the higher-ups are the publishers and editors of this Urdu daily that have posted this story without references and citation.
same paper would run a story of first Pakistani aeroplane that runs on water (we already got a water car)

A similar story came up in early 2000s and yet here we are with no apache !

Any idea till when we will get Mi35 ?

the higher-ups are the publishers and editors of this Urdu daily that have posted this story without references and citation.
same paper would run a story of first Pakistani aeroplane that runs on water (we already got a water car)

Yes well, agreed to that but I am talking about the military planning/ administration not shortlisting T129. There can be denial/ disruption in services/ supplies from Russia but not likely from Turkey.

No Apaches plzzzz! Thank you u s a. We're better off with mi35s.

bwahahahahaha bakwaas maybe...... maybe...... some AH variant, BUT DEFINITELY NOT APACHE...

Did you read that news, it says AH-64A model of US military which will be upgraded, they will not provide us latest ones which India is purchasing, we should stick with Mi-35 (new ones with latest goodies) as they can carry troops and good for COIN ops, and if used properly they can be good asset against advancing Indian IBGs too.

T-129/WZ-10 would be much better options, as which ever is selected by PA can be locally produced although will like to see T-129 because it have awesome weapons package which will enhance PAs capabilities many folds, specially Cirit has no competition in market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom