What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

That kind of chassis wil have huge front armour and maybe thats can feint yours about size of gun it looks like 105mm .

cv90105.jpg

Other wise why aselsan show 35 mm turreted vehicle for future tank design ? 3d wiev angle will feint yours.

As Combat Master said, the object is not the vehicle.

But 35 mm korhan gun and aselsan future tank barrel silencer (Namlu Ucu) is not looking same.

In that case it's a variant to Altay. Like mention a family of tanks with different configuration. But where would these configurations be useful ? Urban warfare, I hope we're not preparing for such a thing. would the range of 35mm and 40mm mean they'll be used for hunting UAV and such ?

I think we are must establish a joint future tank research and development platform with Britain, İtaly or maybe spain (for licenced product), Korea or maybe Japan.

All of us know most of current tanks use diffrent licenced version of same cannon and engine (120mm L/55, 1500 Hp Mtu). But future will change , armata chassis cannot be able penetrated by 120mm L/55. There is must be new cannon. Germoney and France is developing 130mm and new 1600 hp engine also german dm 53 ammos are unrivaled.

But if germans make this cannon and engine I dont think so he give it easily other nations without france. He maybe want a sell the platform not tech. So other nations must make a joint research and development platform.
Thats important for future of challenger, ariete and altay.

Last edited:
I think we must cut Altay T1 batch in half and start serious development initiatives over T2 and T3. We have to modernize all our Leopard 2A4 with a more suitable package responding to the unconventional threats on at least 2A6 level and procure small amount of medium tanks based on Tulpar or Kaplan 30 dedicated to the Amphibious Operations Group Command because my eyes hurt when I see them with M48 and M60s.

In that case it's a variant to Altay. Like mention a family of tanks with different configuration. But where would these configurations be useful ? Urban warfare, I hope we're not preparing for such a thing. would the range of 35mm and 40mm mean they'll be used for hunting UAV and such ?
If I have to be fair to me it looks more like an advanced IFV type vehicle or medium tank with that turret. I personally think that IFV's armed with anti-tank armament would be more effective and suitable for the dynamics of urban warfare operations. I just can't imagine a 60t beast rolling on these streets being maneuverable trough some alleys keeping situational awareness and the tempo fighting on the needed level.

IDEF_2017_ntroducing_new_urban_warfare_variant_of_Otokar_Altay_main_battle_tank_640_002.jpg

https://www.armyrecognition.com/ide...otokar_s_altay_main_battle_tank_20905172.html Like this? Yeah, we could've had this.

Wrong company made it tho
Yeah, but I’m really curious as to how much of the components are domestic. Sanctions has become a really big issue tbh. So if everything but the hull is imported then I don’t see TSK ordering that tank.

I think we must cut Altay T1 batch in half and start serious development initiatives over T2 and T3. We have to modernize all our Leopard 2A4 with a more suitable package responding to the unconventional threats on at least 2A6 level and procure small amount of medium tanks based on Tulpar or Kaplan 30 dedicated to the Amphibious Operations Group Command because my eyes hurt when I see them with M48 and M60s.

If I have to be fair to me it looks more like an advanced IFV type vehicle or medium tank with that turret. I personally think that IFV's armed with anti-tank armament would be more effective and suitable for the dynamics of urban warfare operations. I just can't imagine a 60t beast rolling on these streets being maneuverable trough some alleys keeping situational awareness and the tempo fighting on the needed level.

I believe our defense industry are working to upgrade our old tanks worth upgrading. I was thinking Kaplan MT for our LHD, along with IFV, Atak. Chip in Hisar A/O and you got a decent rapid deployment setup.

untitled-4-jpg.634254

This is 35 mm gun .
korhan-image04.jpg

35mm oerlikon skyranger which is identical to Korhans turret.

Skyranger_Mobile_Flugabwehr_content_small.jpg

ROK biho 2. 30mm and 40mmcal guns are planned.
New_Hanwha_Biho_II_mobile_air_defense_system_based_on_8x8_armored_925_001.jpg

Comparing identical platforms, i can confidently say it is diameter of 35mm barrel.

İt cant be 105mm Caliber gun because there isnt any muzzle brake or recoil compensator which is necessary and inevitable.

No reason to put a muzzle reference on a braced 35mm gun. And there's no way the "future tank" is gonna have less firepower than an old T-72. That's a railgun.

No reason to put a muzzle reference on a braced 35mm gun. And there's no way the "future tank" is gonna have less firepower than an old T-72. That's a railgun.
İt is obvious 120mm or higher gun.İt is Tank not İFV.

But that would only be for the first 250 tanks. IMO I think the line of thinking of domesticating everything is kot wrong, just look at all the embargo we’re facing. BMC is not able to deliver yet. But once whole thing is setup we’ll be able to develop 4. 5. 6.gen tanks much easier (I hope). And TSK get the tanks they want. I guess we have to be patient. I estimate around 20-21 mio € for every tank.

Untitled-3.png

Leo 2a4 and altay armouring styles looks same without front turret. Also chassis looks same.

Just add altay turret to leopard 2a4's and use modified leopard 2a4 turrets on the 1000-1200 hp engine added leopard 1's . İf money is not a problem for us in this project.

850 (leo1 moded+leo2a4 altay turreted + 170- M-60Tm Fırat.)

İsmail Demir:
5 Altay tank will be produced with the spare power packs (MTU).

Assuming this number does not yield to requirement of serial production line, Tank Palet (Now belongs to BMC) will produce it. BMC, however, still didnt upgrade or invested in Tank Palet (Ex Military Factory) as promised in the contract.

İsmail Demir:
5 Altay tank will be produced with the spare power packs (MTU).

Assuming this number does not yield to requirement of serial production line, Tank Palet (Now belongs to BMC) will produce it. BMC, however, still didnt upgrade or invested in Tank Palet (Ex Military Factory) as promised in the contract.
I think it's because they don't have money to make that investment, and without an engine there is no income.

This is why I said the price per tank is too low in BMC offer. And if the interview I shared is used as basis for an evaluation, 3,5 B USD/EUR was given offer, until RTE was going to sign the agreement, where the price was lower additional 300 mio. (If I understood that part correct).

BMC was given/leased (for 0 USD) the use of Tank Palet in return for investment and such. But the problem is the Tank Palet is paid off, and working installation that earns money. There should have been an investment already. If we get a new government BMC will lose the Tank Palet on the grounds of lacking investment which is basis for the "lease".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom