What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Beautiful, somewhat reminds this French project:

turkishprojectmbtidef2005armyr.1423559218.jpg

It is FTR turret. Waiting to see PV-1 and PV-2 which will be the closest design to be produced for land forces. I expect Front section of turret to be angled like Leopard 2.

79996.jpg

Last edited:
It is FTR turret. Waiting to see PV-1 and PV-2 which will be the closest design to be produced for land forces. I expect Front section of turret to be angled like Leopard 2.

79996.jpg
It would be great, do you know any insider from the project?

Bro, IFF on a tank is possible but not common. Transmitters, receivers and electronic units will occupy serious space on turret so I don't suppose that SSM requests IFF on Altay. MWR is much possible for me as well. :)

K2 MBT also has very similar IFF system above the mantlet, Altay having a Larger Turret, I don't think space is much of a concern.
Muharebe Sahası Tanıma Tanıtma Sistemi Projesi :)
maxresdefault.jpg

untitled-1-jpg.191780

Last edited:
I'm still curious why Turkiye suspend US$5 Billion to buy 1000 Merkavas? In my personal opinion, Merkava is one of the best protected MBT and battle-proven other than Abrams. BTW i'm a fan of Altay actually, the design is great and i hope Turkey will always be a prosperous country :cheers:

I'm still curious why Turkiye suspend US$5 Billion to buy 1000 Merkavas? In my personal opinion, Merkava is one of the best protected MBT and battle-proven other than Abrams. BTW i'm a fan of Altay actually, the design is great and i hope Turkey will always be a prosperous country :cheers:
There was never actually a plan to buy 1000x Merkava only the army report saying they are in need of 1000 modern MBTs urgently.First choice was Leopard and Abraham but politic problems with Germany and U.S.A. made it impossible then Israeli side suggested we can provide you guys with Merkava 3. Right at that time 2001 economic crises happened in Turkiye so tender closed for a decade.

Dont get me wrong but im actually surprised to hear this from you, you know the origin country of Merkava right? :)

Well actually there's a forbidden love between Indo-Israel. Israel company Nimda (now bankrupt) help us to modernize our AMX-13 and Marine PT-76 in 1980-1990's. But our government still keeping distance from Israel to avoid demonstrations of Islamic groups who blindly hate Israel. But it's a pure business, not involving ideology or religion.

Well actually there's a forbidden love between Indo-Israel. Israel company Nimda (now bankrupt) help us to modernize our AMX-13 and Marine PT-76 in 1980-1990's. But our government still keeping distance from Israel to avoid demonstrations of Islamic groups who blindly hate Israel. But it's a pure business, not involving ideology or religion.
Indonesia has a lot potential, a shame salafi ideology managed to spread in some regions. :disagree:

Am I missing something or are you joking? Paying $5bn to somebody else's product and being prosperous! You can only be prosperous if you don't pay that money to foreigners and build products by your own people and companies and keep the riches at home. And that supplier you talk about is our only notable adversary.

K2 MBT also has very similar IFF system above the mantlet, Altay having a Larger Turret, I don't think space is much of a concern.
Muharebe Sahası Tanıma Tanıtma Sistemi Projesi :)
maxresdefault.jpg

untitled-1-jpg.191780

Now we have upgraded from "Friend and Foe" to "Friend of Foe" :)

Am I missing something or are you joking? Paying $5bn to somebody else's product and being prosperous! You can only be prosperous if you don't pay that money to foreigners and build products by your own people and companies and keep the riches at home. And that supplier you talk about is our only notable adversary.

Now we have upgraded from "Friend and Foe" to "Friend of Foe" :)

I was patiently waiting on someone to comment on that, good of you to break my wait, almost 3 weeks on :). You think anyone else noticed? Friend or Foe

I was patiently waiting on someone to comment on that, good of you to break my wait, almost 3 weeks on :). You think anyone else noticed? Friend or Foe

Well,

You want to idetify an incoming entity as "Friend or Foe" while there is sometimes room to mention "Friend and Foe", mentioning "Friend of Foe" is a level of identification totally new in which you identify an incoming entity as "A friend of your enemy" which also means an indirect enemy or an enemy you will soon make.

Well,

You want to idetify an incoming entity as "Friend or Foe" while there is sometimes room to mention "Friend and Foe", mentioning "Friend of Foe" is a level of identification totally new in which you identify an incoming entity as "A friend of your enemy" which also means an indirect enemy or an enemy you will soon make.

3082089-5093337846-32284.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom